Buck A Stick Pass

Started by elmokfo, 07/08/2008 11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmokfo

Wondering if there is any interest in doing a Buck A Stick Pass this fall.  We all have those smokes that we use everyday that aren't exactly top of the line names.  Any interest in such an idea with a cap of lets say nothing more than $2?

ljlemer

Quoteelmokfo - 7/8/2008  12:08 PM

Wondering if there is any interest in doing a Buck A Stick Pass this fall.  We all have those smokes that we use everyday that aren't exactly top of the line names.  Any interest in such an idea with a cap of lets say nothing more than $2?

I have some really awful smokes in that range I could dump, but who would pay the postage to pass junk along?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Bob Cordell

I would think a buck cigar would be pretty nasty!

Maybe a 3 dollar bill per stick?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

mhuss

I have to agree with Larry and Bob.  I don't think it's worth the time, effort and postage to pass around less-than-desirable sticks.  Let's face it, most sticks that only cost a buck aren't worth passing around and sharing with others.  Unless you're sharing with a relative or friend and just dumping those cigars just to get rid of them on unsuspecting smokers.  Furthermore and personally, I don't have any cigars in my humi that only cost a buck.  So I wouldn't be able to participate anyway.

elmokfo

Ok, thanks for the sounding board.  Looks like this idea should die a horrible death quickly

Bob Cordell

Maybe some kind of spin on your idea would work. What if all the participants kick in their favorite cigar that costs less than 3 dollars. We all sample one of each and then vote on the best cheap smoke. Maybe even remove the labels.

We could come up with the CG official cheap-o!

Something along that line?

elmokfo

Well that is certainly a fine idea too.  Never hurts to have a cheapo that your not afraid to turn once and a while

ljlemer

When it comes to price, how do we handle cigarbid wins? A cigar might have been part of a 5 pack I won for $3, but if you try to order one, it'll cost you maybe $3.50.

Thomas Mann

Bob Cordell

The devil is in the detail huh?

I would suggest they only come from a online retailer that anyone can buy from for shelf price or a local B&M, it never hurts to support those guys every now and then.

elmokfo

I agree, when it comes to my cigarbid wins I treat them as being the price i would pay wholesale and not what I actually paid for them.

Bob Cordell

We'll see who wants to join and if we have enough sign in you can start it!

Duker511

Id be into it either way. Buck a stick, or $3 or less. If people want to join they can and if they want to sit this one out, they can. :biggrin:
Tim

Bob Cordell

Maybe it can go something like this...lets say we get  8 fellas in on this deal. All 8 send their smokes to elmokfo. He then sends them out, wait thats a fortune in shipping for him.

How we gonna do this?

:confused:

ljlemer

I am automatically in any and all cigar passes. Count me in.

Thomas Mann

texlewee

I have plenty of less than 3 bux per stick that I love.  Several RP blends such as vigilante, Fire, Reo....

Some Oliveros... Just got a 25 pack from Thecigarfactory....

I think we could do this and enjoy it.  AFter all, its about sharing what we LIKE, not the cost of the stick.... :confused:
" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

junglepete

I would be in the U.S. in the fall....precisely on October 3rd 4th and 5th and then again on the 27th. If there was a way to accomodate those times I would be in on this one. I got a bunch of 1-3 sticks...some pretty decent ones too. Since I pretty much only purchase by the box the prices stay fairly low.

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

elmokfo

This will certainly require a little bit of thought to get off the ground.  Sounds like we've got the basis for something though.  Which is certainly more than I thought I had earlier today.  Thats for sure.

Bob Cordell

Ok, how do we do this so that the administrator dosent bare a great deal in shipping costs? Everybody is going to have mail  the cigars at the same time so we can review them together. Lets say the guy who collects the cigars ALSO gets a 7 dollar bill or check to cover the shipping costs to mail them out to every participant.

I've been drinking beer so maybe I'm not clear. Well need to ship our cigars to ONE person then he divides them out, one to each participant and them mail them to each member. We need to help with shipping to the administrator of the pass...right?

Its garden night BTW, we made a real haul and drank up many beers! Squash, cucumbers, onions, turnips, leaf lettuce, cabbage, we made a real haul. Anybody else harvesting?

ljlemer

QuoteBob Cordell - 7/8/2008  9:47 PM

Squash, cucumbers, onions, turnips, leaf lettuce, cabbage, we made a real haul. Anybody else harvesting?

I harvest yellow squash, turnip greens, collard greens, mustard greens, arugula, sweet potato, butternut squash and bok choy from my supermarket and feed them to my green iguana, uromastyx, bearded dragon and veiled chameleon. My alligator snapping turtle and leopard gecko don't touch veggies. Only the iguana is a strict vegetarian.

Thomas Mann

Bob Cordell

I really dont know how to respond to that Larry...

Hmmmmmmm...... :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

elmokfo

Thats one thought and we could work it that way if everyone is game.  I've got no problems with collecting and then firing them back out.  Haven't gotten my pass on the summer smokes yet so I'm not sure what it costs but I'd reckon that $7 should cover most of it.  Unless I'm off my rocker of course.  Its late for me, what with that 4am wake up call every morning so I'm a bit out of it myself.

Bob Cordell

We should be able to work this out, anybody got other ideas?

texlewee

How bout this???   The pass will include 2 of everything, and one of the rules will be that you take the pair when you take your takes, and you replace them with pairs when you put your puts.

That way there's double the cigars, double the pleasure, and double the opportunities.

So , instead of 10 smokes, there would be 20, but only 10 selections.  :biggrin:

nukbucko

do we send samples or one type?
Im in
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

texlewee

I also think it should be done just as a regular cigar pass with the above mentioned stipulations.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.