Input on a new humidor

Started by Brentcally, 04/27/2012 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brentcally

I currently have a 100 count and a 50 count humidor. Thanks to you great bunch of enablers, i am out of room. My wife has graciously offered to get me a new humi for my birthday next month! I am thinking of a small cabinet style humi. What do you all recommend. And/or is anybody looking to sell one.

Also i don't really want to do the coolidor thing just yet. I don't think she would approve of the decore.
-Brent-

-Don't go away mad, just go away.

uplander12ga

I picked up the Lauderdale about a month ago and couldn't be happier. Holds humidity fantastically and was very reasonably priced. Picked it up paired with a small Hydra for just under $400. Plus it's not so big that UPS won't deliver it, which saves freight shipping. Of course it's already filled with over 500 sticks in it haha! Also, I went to the local glass shop after it got delivered and had them cut me a glass top for it, with a rounded, pencil edge. Nice looking piece of furniture in my man cave. :thumbsup:
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

Brentcally

-Brent-

Brentcally

-Brent-

nwb

Chief of Shaft

Shukpaw

I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Cfickter

QuoteShukpaw - 4/30/2012  11:55 PM

http://www.premiumhumidors.com/shop/humidors/glasstop-humidors/tower-of-power-3000-cigar-count-humidor-8.html

You know you are going to need it so just start there.

Looking myself.  Anyone brought from this site?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

horrido

From what I have seen, heard here, and experienced the biggest one you can afford PERIOD. Damn these guys all are enablers and now my wife is mad at me because of all of you. :-(
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Ken Kelley

Quotehorrido - 5/9/2012  8:56 PM

From what I have seen, heard here, and experienced the biggest one you can afford PERIOD. Damn these guys all are enablers and now my wife is mad at me because of all of you. :-(

Yeah, just forget the humidor and line one of your bedrooms with Spanish cedar then get a 50-pound bag of kitty litter to keep it humidified.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

ROTHNH

Do it once and done.  If you're at all the handyman type, you can fairly easily build yourself a customized unit and buy more cigars with the money left over.  Here's a couple great options:

You can go with a large coolidor.  There's plenty of hints and how to's on this site including:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=46

Or control both temperature and humidity with a Vinodor like these:

http://www.stogieguys.com/2010/01/01052010-stogie-tips-build-a-wine-a-dor.html

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=34

rumrunner88

X2 Bigger is better, my next purchase will be the bateman (aka bermuda) cabinet.

toby2

Quoteuplander12ga - 4/27/2012 11:01 PM I picked up the Lauderdale about a month ago and couldn't be happier. Holds humidity fantastically and was very reasonably priced. Picked it up paired with a small Hydra for just under $400. Plus it's not so big that UPS won't deliver it, which saves freight shipping. Of course it's already filled with over 500 sticks in it haha! Also, I went to the local glass shop after it got delivered and had them cut me a glass top for it, with a rounded, pencil edge. Nice looking piece of furniture in my man cave. :thumbsup:

i have the Lauderdale with a hydra as well. it doesn't hold near the advertised count on many of these sites. i like it though and would buy it again. i paid about $250 for mine from cheaphumidors.com.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.