Today's haul from the local B&M

Started by cmmayo, 04/29/2012 07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

Those Elogio sticks that cmmayo picked up are great smokes. Our local shop carries the line. Some great pickups my fellow geeks!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Ken Kelley

Well, I was over in Lexington trying to get some gun work done and figured out the gunsmith had never before done the work I wanted so I left and went over to Schwab's on the other side of town. Picked up a couple of LFD Double Claro Robustos, an Illusione 888 maduro, an Ideology 262 robusto size, and a Four Kicks corona gorda. Smoked the Four Kicks on the way back to the holler. Pretty dang good cigar! This was my first of the brand and I liked it quite a bit. Have to pick up some more next time I get over that way.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

cmmayo

After the second straight week of overtime work, I thought I'd spend some of my extra money today before I've even gotten it...

Liga Privada T-52 Robusto (Smoked one at the shop, too.)
Davidoff Puro d'Oro Magnificos
Quesada Q d'etat Howitzer
Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Sur Oeste Corona (Gorda)
Montecristo Texas Edition Titan
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

87North

Quotecmmayo - 9/15/2012  4:54 AM

After the second straight week of overtime work, I thought I'd spend some of my extra money today before I've even gotten it...

I saw those Monte's Tuesday in Amarillo... Didn't have the scratch for that itch, but I'll be curious to hear what you think.
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Ken Kelley

Quote87North - 9/15/2012  6:49 AM

I saw those Monte's Tuesday in Amarillo... Didn't have the scratch for that itch, but I'll be curious to hear what you think.

Man, it has been YEARS and YEARS since the last time I drove through Amarillo. Used to pass by there all the time while I was stationed at Sheepturd AFB in Wichita Falls.

Herfin' Chef

On the search for a Rocky Patel Decade Limitada anything, I came across the RP Winter Collection 2012, I copped a Torpedo and promptly smoked it that evening. T'was quite tasty!
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

Ken Kelley

Picked up this assortment at Schwab's the other day. The cap is a gift from an old retired Army friend...an EOD officer who still has all his fingers and most of his hearing!  :biggrin:

sjn1117

i managed to score 15 gran habano no.5 shortys for 35 bucks yesterday. happened to catch ole dude in a good mood i guess.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Ken Kelley

Well, well, well, another trip to Schwab's today! This time I had to take my wife to the big settlement for her every-6-weeks allergy shots. She has to take a big dose of Benedryl before she gets them and winds up too sleepy to drive so I do the duty. I managed to walk away with...

Illusione mj12
Illusione 68
Room 101 Serie SA 213's x3

Those Room 101's have potential to become a new favorite.

nirab

Corey, what shop did you buy these at?

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

cmmayo

Quotenirab - 10/1/2012  3:56 PM

I bought the top two at the Quarry Market Club Humidor: 255 E Basse Rd, #546, San Antonio, TX
The bottom three were purchased from the Universal City location of C.I.G.A.R.: 121 W Wright Blvd,, Universal City, TX 78148

I doubt there are any T-52's left--both I bought came out of the last box they had. All of the others should still be around and readily available from other stores, as well (excluding the Puro d'Oro, which has to come from an authorized Davidoff dealer like Club Humidor).
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

nirab

Quotecmmayo - 10/1/2012  4:29 PM

I bought the top two at the Quarry Market Club Humidor: 255 E Basse Rd, #546, San Antonio, TX
The bottom three were purchased from the Universal City location of C.I.G.A.R.: 121 W Wright Blvd,, Universal City, TX 78148

I doubt there are any T-52's left--both I bought came out of the last box they had. All of the others should still be around and readily available from other stores, as well (excluding the Puro d'Oro, which has to come from an authorized Davidoff dealer like Club Humidor).

You knew what I was thinking! I love the Quesada Molotov, and want to try the new Salomon they have in the line. Hope to herf with ya one of these days Corey! :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

cmmayo

Quotenirab - 10/1/2012  4:56 PM

Quotecmmayo - 10/1/2012  4:29 PM

You knew what I was thinking! I love the Quesada Molotov, and want to try the new Salomon they have in the line. Hope to herf with ya one of these days Corey! :biggrin:

If you are looking for the Salomon, then I should tell you that the Molotov was the only size I saw at the Universal location. They actually kind of get the discards from the Blanco Road location, which has more of a selection. And if you go to the Blanco location, it's worth heading across 1604 north to Cigar Pointe, which has an even better selection, IMHO.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

PETE314

Was early for my doctors appt. (sinus infection....blech)  so I decided to stop at a great place called Red Wine and Brew.  They have one of the best Beer and Wine selections around....and they sell cigars....they have a decent selection of cigars and they do cater to a cigar smoker but it is definitely not their top priority.  They do however take care of everything perfectly And I decided to pick up a "When I am feeling better" gift....lol   So I grabbed

5 x CAO La Traviata Intrepido Maduro's
2 x H. Upmann Reserve Maduro Robusto's
3 X NUB Connecticut 358's
Bottle of Red Rock Cabernet Savignon
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

sjn1117

i kinda feel bad cause the dude rung it up wrong but i picked up 6 lfd tobo no.200s for twelve bucks today.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Phi871

Haven't posted in a while, but I've been acquiring more and more smokes from the local B&Ms.  A lot of my purchases go straight into my locker at one of the local shops, but here's some that didn't escape the camera.  Bought a 5'er of TAA 2012 from my brother, he gave me a Cromagnon, got a corona double LP no. 9, and a regular Mummy box.  Also picked up a CAO Concert, Illusione MK, and 2 Oliva Melanio's.  I love the Melanio right now.

87North

QuotePhi871 - 10/29/2012  12:12 AM

Haven't posted in a while, but I've been acquiring more and more smokes from the local B&Ms.  A lot of my purchases go straight into my locker at one of the local shops, but here's some that didn't escape the camera.  Bought a 5'er of TAA 2012 from my brother, he gave me a Cromagnon, got a corona double LP no. 9, and a regular Mummy box.  Also picked up a CAO Concert, Illusione MK, and 2 Oliva Melanio's.  I love the Melanio right now.

Those cigars look quite tasty, but I must say the photos themselves are spectacular.  Much better than the photos we usually get around here.
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

toby2

never tried a few of these. those Revolution look pretty wide...

irratebass

Went to a Nestor Miranda event on Saturday

2 boxes of Grand Reserve 2012
1 box of Oliva Melanio
1 box of La Duena
601 La Bomba Ashtray
Drew Estate hat
2 five count travel cases filled with cigars (gave one case away)

A Nestor bobblehead

Nestor's autograph

The man and myself with his "mini me"

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

lubrix

Nice pick ups!. Looked like at great time.^^^
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Shukpaw

I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Phi871

Picked up some HG and Opus the other day at the local B&M.

nirab

Holy cow!  :-0 Surely you are not a married man!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Phi871

Went to my locker at a local shop, just to drop some things off.  Well, I landed up putting more in my locker than I intended. 

1029henry

QuotePhi871 - 11/14/2012  9:44 PM

Went to my locker at a local shop, just to drop some things off.  Well, I landed up putting more in my locker than I intended. 

Wow! That's sweeeet!
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.