Can someone help me put an age on this?

Started by Jonnyd287, 05/05/2012 12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonnyd287

Hey everyone, My parents gave me a bottle of Courvoisier that they found in our basement last summer and I have been having a hard time trying to put an actual date on the bottle and all the bottles I have seen have been similar, but not exactly like this. I just need some help trying to date it and put a price on it. I may sell it or open it for some special occasion (or cigar). Thanks everyone!

junglepete

I see a bottle the same as yours being sold on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COURVOISIER-VINTAGE-VSOP-COGNAC-FINE-CHAMPAGNE-VERY-OLD-BOTTLE-BOX-/120879934004#shId

My understanding is that once in the bottle the aging stops but the quality remains the same and thus the company does not date their bottles. I would think yours is worth around 40-50 dollars. I recognize the bottle as something my parents drank occasionally. Maybe it is from the 70's to the 90's?
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Hot Stuff x

Just a guess, but there might be a copyright date on the label if you look very closely.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

ewu

Given that it has a bar code on it, we know it can't be older than say late 70's / early 80's
"Everything works, some things work better than others, and nothing works forever."

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.