Joya & Rum.... Yummmmm!!!

Started by uplander12ga, 05/08/2012 08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uplander12ga

Tumbler of Captain Morgan Private Stock over ice, and a Joya de Nicaragua AntaƱo 1970 Robusto Grande. Excellent pairing!!! :biggrin:
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

CrazyK

That sounds wonderful! I could totally go for that right about now... Will have to wait until I get home from work...
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

uplander12ga

I highly recommend it Karl! The sweetness of the rum terrifically compliments the dark tobacco taste of the Joya. If I would have discovered this earlier, I'd already be into my 2nd box of the Joya's!  :biggrin:
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

rumrunner88

Try is with La santa scotch, this whiskey tends to taste like apple pie and cinnamon with this stick

uplander12ga

Quoterumrunner88 - 5/8/2012  9:40 PM

Try is with La santa scotch, this whiskey tends to taste like apple pie and cinnamon with this stick

I'll have to look for that my next visit to the state store. Sounds great! :dancing:

87North

Just to add my own thoughts, I too like cigars and Booze...  :shades:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Shukpaw

You could splash a little water on both the cigar and the rum and see how that works for you.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=13689.0
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

uplander12ga

It's not like that fellas. The Captain Morgan Private Stock is decidedly sweeter and more refined than regular Captain. It sincerely brings out the flavors of a full flavor, robust cigar. :biggrin:

vw77guy

Brlesq

Quoteuplander12ga - 5/8/2012  11:07 PM

It's not like that fellas. The Captain Morgan Private Stock is decidedly sweeter and more refined than regular Captain. It sincerely brings out the flavors of a full flavor, robust cigar. :biggrin:

Well if you're into sipping rums, Jason, then you have to pick up a bottle of Zaya.  I think I made CrazyK a convert after we drank half a bottle at CFest.  Its very similar to Ron Zacapa 23 Solero (the mac-daddy of all sipping rums) but at a cost of about 1/3 less.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.