dark ale and a maduro

Started by sjn1117, 06/01/2012 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjn1117

alaskan amber and your favorite maduro...for me its a ghurka microbatch tonight...awesome combination...discovered this beer on a cruise to alaska two years ago and i just now found it here in texas...good stuff man...bottoms up and puff away
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

nirab

when I drank beer, that was one that I really enjoyed. Good stuff and I think it would go great with a cigar. enjoy!!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nwb

My brother worked for a year in Yakutat, and he did nothing but rave about Alaskan Amber.
Chief of Shaft

ntanner

so many fine micro brews out there now, you can find a good match for any stick.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Akfireguy

Alaska amber is the stuff we ship south. The good stuff they keep up here!  Some of Alaska brewerys small batch stuff is amazing. Ever try the smoked porter??  Outstanding stuff.

ntanner

yes i have and it was really good.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

sjn1117

i dont recall the name of the place but my wife and i sat for hours in a small pub in ketchekan and i think i sampled every brew alaska has to offer...i thought texas had good beers but man they didnt have a bad one and some that were just plain delicious...im going back damn it i miss that place...not to mention the climate
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Cfickter

Hummmmm Might have to try that combo.  need to see if the Alaskan Amber is available here, I have the Gurkhas
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

hardeveningsuburb

It's hard to beat a good maduro paired with a good Stout or Porter.  In the winter time I like to pair maduros with heavy Stouts/Imperial Stouts like Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, Buried Hatchet Stout, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout (just to name a few).  As far as Porters go, Samuel Smith's Famous Taddy Porter and Sierra Nevada Porter really hit the spot.  The Stone Smoked Porter also pairs really well with maduros (IMHO, at least).  

Damn, this thread is making me miss the winter already.
"After people get to know me, they all say I drink a lot of beer. I don't deny it either. Why should I? I'm not ashamed of beer." - Richard Brautigan

Robert LG

Something to keep in mind.  I'll be in Alaska soon.  I'll make sure that I have a few Maduros with me.
Rob

nkowal

Quotehardeveningsuburb - 6/3/2012  2:09 PM

It's hard to beat a good maduro paired with a good Stout or Porter.  In the winter time I like to pair maduros with heavy Stouts/Imperial Stouts like Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, Buried Hatchet Stout, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout (just to name a few).  As far as Porters go, Samuel Smith's Famous Taddy Porter and Sierra Nevada Porter really hit the spot.  The Stone Smoked Porter also pairs really well with maduros (IMHO, at least).  

Damn, this thread is making me miss the winter already.

Sounds like a good combination... I mostly smoke with just water, but it depends... I will have to give this a try.

Of course, being a Michigan microbrew snob it will likely be Founders. :)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.