Quad SS tabletop cutter $37.98

Started by Jackal, 06/08/2012 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herfin' Chef

-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

BigTA

Have not tried a 60 ring but I am sure it would work, Tried just about every other size, They have one at my local lounge and I have put it though it's paces..
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

nirab

Thanks BigTA! Hey, I am originally from SoCal, and visit every so often. We stay in the Huntington Beach area. Where is a good place to go there, or inland that I can go to enjoy a cigar? Maybe we can hook up one of these days.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

BigTA

I hit up Big Daddy's in Naples, PCH and second street. Just about four miles from me.
http://bigdaddyscigars.com/
I travel around to one in Down town Orange and a couple in Lake Forest since I work in Irvine , Fo sure, Let me know when you get back in town, Worse case scenario is we can light up on my patio and or man cave...
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

1sgjeffward

Quotenirab - 6/10/2012  7:26 PM

Is there a size it won't work on? My wife is thinking of ordering for father's day for someone, but if it only works on the sizes they mention, I'm not too sure about it.   :?:

Will work on everything from a 38 up to a 60. For the smaller and larger I use the V cut options. The way the cigar sits in it there is no way for the smaller to get in too far and I believe it says 58 is the max but both the large openings will work on a 60. It gives a great scalloped cut that is razor clean. One other tip besides moistening the cap when you use the V cut have found that it gives a cleaner cut if you use a slow deliberate motion. Do it quick and it leaves a little bit of a ragged edge.

This think is worth it for sure. And yes I paid the $47 but combined it with a few other things and got 10% off my order so not bad! Trust me you guys will regret not picking this up at $38 is some of the best money I have ever spent on a cigar accessory!!! Guarantee all the members that bite will be on a few days after it arrives bragging about how much they love it so don't be the one kicking yourself later  :cry:

This the tall stinky 4 finger stainless and the AB torch are all worth the price and make a great looking set for the man cave  :dancing:

Would recommend all 3 to anyone they are very well constructed, easy to clean and maintain, priced well and hey they just plain look good together!
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

wescat

Mine came in today, nice cutter.

One tip: wipe down the cutting elements, or yor first cut will have machine oil in the cutline.    :nono:
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

nirab

You got it BigTA! Hanging on the patio/man cave is fine by me! Cheers to a future herf my fellow BOTL!!   :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

GarCar

Quotewescat - 6/16/2012  11:45 AM  Mine came in today, nice cutter.  One tip: wipe down the cutting elements, or yor first cut will have machine oil in the cutline.    :nono:

You're about 35 minutes too late on that excellent tip, Wescat. Had to quickly alter the oily v-cut with a big ol' cap-flapper using my Palio. I shoulda known and wiped it beforehand. I've cleaned it all down with Kentucky clear dabbed on a q-tip so I'm ready to chop now.

wescat

QuoteGarCar - 6/16/2012  1:03 PM

Quotewescat - 6/16/2012  11:45 AM  Mine came in today, nice cutter.  One tip: wipe down the cutting elements, or yor first cut will have machine oil in the cutline.    :nono:

You're about 35 minutes too late on that excellent tip, Wescat. Had to quickly alter the oily v-cut with a big ol' cap-flapper using my Palio. I shoulda known and wiped it beforehand. I've cleaned it all down with Kentucky clear dabbed on a q-tip so I'm ready to chop now.

Damn timing. I did a V-cut of a 48 ring, saw the oil, dried it with a napkin, tasted the cutline, not too bad. I then lightly moistened the cutline, dried it again with the napkin and fired it up. Never tasted it during the hour long smoke.

I'll work on that timing, Carl.................
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

toby2

Quotewescat - 6/16/2012 2:24 PM
QuoteGarCar - 6/16/2012 1:03 PM

Quotewescat - 6/16/2012 11:45 AM Mine came in today, nice cutter. One tip: wipe down the cutting elements, or yor first cut will have machine oil in the cutline. :nono:

Damn timing. I did a V-cut of a 48 ring, saw the oil, dried it with a napkin, tasted the cutline, not too bad. I then lightly moistened the cutline, dried it again with the napkin and fired it up. Never tasted it during the hour long smoke. I'll work on that timing, Carl.................

i've had mine a month or so. it took a several cuts to get the oil off the blades.

1sgjeffward

So, Carl and Kevin what you guys think about it???
Jeff

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

wlfwalleye

Looks like a good cutter.

I am curious as to how long the blades will stay sharp, and if there is a way to sharpen them or replace the blades, or do you have to purchase a whole new cutter when they get dull?

lubrix

Quotewlfwalleye - 6/16/2012  5:12 PM

I am curious as to how long the blades will stay sharp, and if there is a way to sharpen them or replace the blades, or do you have to purchase a whole new cutter when they get dull?
You can take out the drum and sharpen it,I have not had to do it yet.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

1sgjeffward

Quotelubrix - 6/16/2012  4:23 PM

Quotewlfwalleye - 6/16/2012  5:12 PM

You can take out the drum and sharpen it,I have not had to do it yet.

Been using mine several times daily for months and haven't noticed a change
Jeff

? André Gide

GarCar

I've used 3 of the 4 cuts and each one is spot on. As close to "precision" cut as one could get I guess. That, and it's stainless and it appears to be a quality piece that would last a long time. I kinda thought it might be a billet piece but for 38 bucks I was dreaming. Still it's nicely done and if the Monster keeps em on there much longer, I'll probably spring for a couple more for gifts in the future cause I don't see me ever wearing this out unless maybe I start using it to trim toenails or something.

Herfin' Chef

Quote1sgjeffward - 6/16/2012  5:57 PM

Just to throw my 2 cents in....I got one and ran a few through it. It works well. Time will tell how long it will last with daily use.
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Herfin' Chef

Quote1sgjeffward - 6/10/2012  11:56 PM

This the tall stinky 4 finger stainless and the AB torch are all worth the price and make a great looking set for the man cave  :dancing:

Would recommend all 3 to anyone they are very well constructed, easy to clean and maintain, priced well and hey they just plain look good together!

Where are the deals for the table top torch?
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

PETE314

QuoteHerfin' Chef - 6/16/2012  9:33 PM

I got mine on cbid for $25
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

lubrix

QuoteHerfin' Chef - 6/16/2012  8:33 PM

Hey Chef, I have a Brand new AB table top lighter still in the box.If you want it,it's yours!.
----

PETE314

Quotelubrix - 6/16/2012  9:42 PM

Hey Chef, I have a Brand new AB table top lighter still in the box.If you want it,it's yours!.
:cool:  :cool:  :cool: I would jump on that Chef....I really like the one I have...
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

wescat

Quote1sgjeffward - 6/16/2012  4:57 PM

Had it 2 days, made 1 cut with it so far. I'll comment once I've collected sufficient empirical data.  :biggrin:
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Herfin' Chef

Sure Bro!  How much?
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

lubrix

QuoteHerfin' Chef - 6/16/2012  11:57 PM

Sure Bro!  How much?
I will send it out to you tomorrow.
----

1sgjeffward

Atlantic has it for $34.75 http://www.atlanticcigar.com/Lighters/Alec-Bradley-The-Burner-Tabletop-Flame.asp
Cbid of course it varies right now $31 http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1282437/Alec-Bradley-Table-Top-Torch-Lighter/
It pops up on the monster about once a week or so but it about the same price as Atlantic

Is another great product that I use several times a day. 1 other thing to note is at first I thought you had to hold the button to keep the flame but you don't. The adjustment knob keeps it lit and allows you to go up or down as needed.
Jeff

? André Gide

DogMan

cutter is on cigar monster right now for $38 until midnite EDT
Loren B Davis

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.