Quad SS tabletop cutter $37.98

Started by Jackal, 06/08/2012 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wescat

Quotewescat - 6/16/2012  11:12 PM

Quote1sgjeffward - 6/16/2012  4:57 PM

So, Carl and Kevin what you guys think about it???
Had it 2 days, made 1 cut with it so far. I'll comment once I've collected sufficient empirical data.  :biggrin:

OK, I have made about 20 cuts with it now. I like the hell out of it. For the past 6 months or so, I've been into the V cuts that my Xikar V cutter makes, very nice. So, initially I just used the V cutter on this Quad. Makes a good cut. Then I tried the other cut, which really isn't a guillotine, because of the cylindrically shaped cutter design. It makes a spherical, concave cut. I love it, never seen a cut like that before, very very nice.

Damn glad I bought it. Just make sure to clean out the machine oil when you get yours.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

wescat

I'd like to pick up another one at that price. Maybe they'll go back on sale soon.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

1sgjeffward

Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

wescat

Quote1sgjeffward - 7/5/2012  6:01 PM

TOLD YA :biggrin:

True you did, and you was right as well, Jeff.  :biggrin:
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Cigary

It was just on the other day on one site for $30...I almost cried.

wescat

QuoteCigary - 7/5/2012  8:15 PM

It was just on the other day on one site for $30...I almost cried.

What site?
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

horrido

Its funny the one I ordered ended up 75 bucks after !@#%$ing taxes and duty or its ripped off duty - feels like someone squeezing your balls. God I hate the government sin taxes. So its yet to be shipped.....but I hear the unit is good. :censored:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

1sgjeffward

Quotehorrido - 7/5/2012  7:40 PM

Its funny the one I ordered ended up 75 bucks after !@#%$ing taxes and duty or its ripped off duty - feels like someone squeezing your balls. God I hate the government sin taxes. So its yet to be shipped.....but I hear the unit is good. :censored:

D@MN brother! You need a personal shopper to buy certain items and being a good BOTL gift them to you :shades:

Ya if you look this is one of the only products I have openly endorsed on here! I friggin love mine and plan on picking one up for pop's in a few months for his birthday. Has yet to make 1 bad cut and I don't think I can say that about any other cutter I have ever owned.
Jeff

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

lubrix

It works real nice using the v-cutter to make an X cut.I do that with Nubs.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Brentcally

Got mine the other day, along with some tasty sticks!

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii534/brentclly/917cd534.jpg" /img>
-Brent-

-Don't go away mad, just go away.

nirab

I have got to get me one of these fine machines!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

BigTA

They are the bomb, Love mine, Sleek, Stylish and functional...
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

1sgjeffward

You know Brent and Thomas think you guys may have to send me half of those sticks! Would be much more scientific if we do a study on how the cut on mine compares to the cut on yours :biggrin:
Jeff

? André Gide

Brentcally

Quote1sgjeffward - 7/6/2012  12:28 AM

You know Brent and Thomas think you guys may have to send me half of those sticks! Would be much more scientific if we do a study on how the cut on mine compares to the cut on yours :biggrin:

Thats true, Jeff! Maybe we should start up a quad cutter pass! :biggrin:
-Brent-

-Don't go away mad, just go away.

1sgjeffward

QuoteBrentcally - 7/5/2012  11:05 PM

Quote1sgjeffward - 7/6/2012  12:28 AM

Thats true, Jeff! Maybe we should start up a quad cutter pass! :biggrin:

I'm game lets do it  :dancing:
Jeff

? André Gide

wescat

One more "Heads Up" wrt this cutter.

It has 4 small rubber feet on the base. I had one of them stick to the table, and it pulled out. Thankfully I noticed it. I'd suggest gluing them in; I used some 3M super weatherstrip adhesive.

It pisses me off when something like that is missing a foot/pad and teeter totters. Or the base scratches up your table top.

Just sayin........
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

GarCar

It's baaaack...until noon or tonight when they mash everything maybe

http://www.cigarmonster.com/humidors-accessories.cfm

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.