2012/2013 Cigar Geeks Introductions

Started by wescat, 06/10/2012 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PETE314

Jose that is really cool...Are you throwing pottery on a wheel???  or are you sculpting more through slabs and molds???   I did more slab sculpture when I was in college..I didn't throw too much.  Most of my stuff was definitely more sculpture based and not practical in the sense of of most pottery.  And I didn't use too many glazes prefering the natural look of the dry fired white clay mostly....every now and then I would use a glaze or raku....You will have to tell me about the clays and glazes you have been using...
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

wescat

Quotenkowal - 6/20/2012  7:46 AM

Great thread. Continues to be a good read, except for when people walk by my desk and wonder why I'm looking at pictures of men on the beach.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

OK Geeks, post up! There are a HELL of a lot of regulars *and* lurkers that have not hit this tread. Pony up  :shades:
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

zac

1.  Who you are, age, etc.

Chris Zaccagnini, 36

2.  How long you've been smoking cigars.

I have been smoking cigars since 2004.  I picked up the hobby a few months after I quit Cigarettes.

3.  Where you live and why.

I live in Southern Suburbs of Memphis, Tn.  My house is actually in Mississippi.  I moved down here a few years ago to be closer to family.  My Wifes family has been here for some time.  I am originally from the North.  I was born in Detroit and then moved to Chicago before High school and lived there for almost 20 years.

I like the winters in the south and the lack of taxes, but I really miss Chicago.

4.  What you do for a living.

I am in IT.  I have been in this business since 1995.  My current Job has me doing IT infrastructure engineering and support.  I primarily work in my companies Data Center supporting our Network, Vmware Cluster and SAN.  I also fill in on Win/Tel server support and the occasional desktop support issue if our help desk is short handed.

5.  Whatever you'd like to share about your family.

I have been married to my wife Amy since 2004 and have two daughters aged 4 (Sofia) & 2 (Lily).

6.  What your hobby's are.

Cigars, competition BBQ and Hot Rods/Muscle Cars.  Cigars and BBQ get my most attention from a hobby perspective.  Once the girls are older, I will get another car.  I traded in my last firebird on a Family truckster, albeit a truckster with some LS power (2008 Chevy trailblazer SS with the LS2 motor).  I really want to build a Duece Coupe.

7.  Why you frequent this forum.

I enjoy the site as a whole.  The reviews sucked me in, and the people, passes, & Critiques keep me around.

8.  Why you picked the user name you have.

People call me this all the time, since many can't pronounce my last name correctly.

9.  Why you picked the avatar you use.

I love the Chicago Bears.  NFL is my favorite sport to watch, and the bears are my team.

10. Anything else ya want to tell us.

Can I get off this damn couch and smoke a cigar yet??  :)

Hapcigar

1. Bill,51
2. Been smoking cigars infrequently for 30+ years.
3. New Jersey because that's where the jobs were in my field.
4. Aviation
5. Married (28 years) with Children
6. Cycling, Martial Arts, bass player, sound tech.
7. Learn more about cigars
8. No way to explain it and make sense.
9. Found the picture of Underdog playing bass and thought it was cool.
10. I traveled the globe and found the best BBQ in the US.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Robert LG

1. Rob, 41
2. Smoking for a little over two years.
3. Just Southeast of Houston.  Born and raised here.
4. Operator in a Refinery on one of the largest Cat Crackers(gasoline making units) in the U.S.
5. Coming up on 19 years of marriage.  We have a 7 year old daughter.
6. My hobbies used to be hunting and fishing and home theater.  Now they are whatever my daughter is into at the time and cigars.
7. The banter and cigar knowledge.
8. First name followed by middle and last initial.
9. Reminds me of a relaxing day with the family.
10. Here is a pic of my daughter and I on a recent trip to Panama City, Florida.
Rob

toby2

wescat

Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Spinner

1. Who you are, age, etc.

My name is Marcus and I'm 37

2. How long you've been smoking cigars.

Not long

3. Where you live and why.

I live in Northern Germany Up near the Denmark border because I fell for a Beautiful German girl so moved here from Australia and married her.

4. What you do for a living.

Due to my lack of formal education I don't have any great qualifications and I am not a professional. At the moment I work at a harbour but will be soon working in Denmark as an agricultural machine builder.

5. Whatever you'd like to share about your family.

Wife, no kids yet but we would like to start our family soon as I'm not getting any younger.

6. What your hobby's are.

Hobbies are golf, riding motorcycles, distilling and sport. Like all hobbies I rarely do any of these things now.

7. Why you frequent this forum.

I came here because I enjoy a good cigar and was interested in hearing from and talking to English speakers who could guide me in my efforts enjoy good cigars and not waste my money.

8. Why you picked the user name you have.

It's Deutsch slang for idiot or nutbag. It also means spider but that is not the translation I was going for.

9. Why you picked the avatar you use.

Haven't picked one yet.

10. Anything else ya want to tell us.

Really enjoy reading the forums here and you seem like a great bunch.

szyzk

Great idea for a thread! I kinda went over some of this stuff in my intro post, but I'll do it again!

1.   Who you are, age, etc.

I'm Andrew, 32 years old

2.   How long you've been smoking cigars.

I've been "seriously" smoking cigars for about five years now, but I started occasionally smoking them on my 18th birthday. I've been "serious" about pipe smoking for about two years.

3.   Where you live and why.

Warren, Pennsylvania (near the northwest corner of the state) although I was born in Yuma, Arizona. My grandparents moved here in the 1950s from Buffalo, and I've been living here since I was very young. After college I came back to figure out what I wanted to do with myself and before I knew it I met the girl who would eventually become my wife. We stuck around to help take care of my grandparents, because we both have very fulfilling jobs here, and because we both love the outdoors (being minutes away from the National Forest is wonderful).

4.   What you do for a living.

I'm blessed to work at a B&M and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

5.   Whatever you'd like to share about your family.

I have a beautiful wife, Beth, and no kids yet - just a few cats.

6.   What your hobby's are.

Cigars, cigars, pipes, cigars. I also enjoy reloading for handguns, spending time shooting handguns, hiking & camping, music (I played bass in a band for quite a few years), movies/cinema, and brewing beer (and, obviously, drinking it)... I'm a huge fan of the Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres and Cleveland Cavaliers, and despite a busy schedule I try to stay active at my local Elks lodge (one of the last few stag lodges in the US).

7.   Why you frequent this forum.

It's wonderful how calm and respectful everyone here is, and how welcoming you guys seem to be with smokers of all stages of the hobby.

8.   Why you picked the user name you have.

It's actually the my last name, but shortened!

9.   Why you picked the avatar you use.

It was the most recent cigar photo I had taken, so the file was still on my desktop.

10.   Anything else ya want to tell us.

I could happily survive on Tatuajes & Illusiones if those were the last two companies producing cigars, and Hamborger Veermaster pipe tobacco if it was the last.

Clavius

1.  My name is Matt and I'm 27 years old.

2.  I've been smoking cigars seriously for a few months now.

3.  I live in Lexington, KY.

4.  I work retail and I'm an occasional student at the University of Kentucky.

5.  No kids, unmarried.

6.  I love wine and spirits, particularly bourbon.  I'm also into music, movies and reading.  I play a little guitar but haven't picked one up in awhile.

7.  This forum seems like it has a bunch of great, knowledgeable people.  And I love the cigar database!

8.  Clavius is actually the name of the moon base in the film and book 2001: A Space Odyssey.

9.  My avatar is Pappy Van Winkle smoking a cigar.  For those not into bourbon, the Pappy Van Winkle line is some of the finest (and hardest to find) bourbon whiskey around.

10.  Being relatively new to cigars the best thing I've smoked so far has been a Padron 1964 Anniversary Exclusivo.  I've smoked a few other Padrons as well and they all seem like quality sticks, so I guess I'm a Padron fan.  Someday I hope to smoke a quality cuban cigar.  Not so much for the forbidden fruit factor but to honestly see if there is a difference.

Thanks!

mikehar

1. Mike Harvey, 25
2. ive been smoking for about 6 years now
3. San Antonio, TX i live here because of my job
4. Im in the Air Force
5. ......Family? i dont remember getting issued on of those.
6. Lets see i like cigars,drinking, music, working....
7. I found this fourm by chance and its got some nice features.
8. I use this user name cus i use it for lots of stuff....
9. its a pick of tats....thats why
10. Anything else ya want to tell us.......no....if you wanna know more ask.

wescat

I'm dusting off this thread from last year: it seems we have 100 or so new members here on CG. So, if you'd like to let us know a bit more about you, please read the first post in this thread and follow the format. Thanks !!
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.