Go To the GOTO smokes.

Started by texlewee, 07/29/2008 01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

podman28

Just one more to join and the fun can begin.

willful2462779

i will join. this will be my first pass also.

I have some BikerBoy international grand reserve cigars, has anyone else tried these things? They must still be green or something, the one I smoke was awful. They do have a nice chocolately sweet aroma to them though. Since if my request to join is accepted ill probably be last on the list (ill recieve the pass last); would the passes founder be opposed to my dropping one or two in the box before the final pass? These cigars have sat it my humi for about a month but I do not plan on sampling them again for atleast a year or more. Anyway if you would like to sample one and or age one then Ill throw a couple in along with my puts.

ljlemer

Quotewillful2462779 - 8/1/2008  10:19 PM

I have some BikerBoy international grand reserve cigars, has anyone else tried these things?

I've tried the torpedo and robusto. They are a cheapo cigar that just happens to taste halfway decent.

If you didn't know they were cheapos, I'd venture a guess you were overcharged. Still, they're not all that bad.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

willful2462779

Actually they came as part of a humidor package I bought. I had never even heard of this brand before and finding out anything about them has proved extremley difficult. I have found a couple posts about them here though... (Not the grand reserve line though)

This maybe off topic but Im wondering, why is it people here do not hold Thompson in very high regards? I smoked some of their Thompson line cigars and they were not overly bad although they had had a cigar paper binder cap which was really un-appealing but the brand name cigars I have purchased there seemed fine.

ljlemer

Quotewillful2462779 - 8/2/2008  7:27 PM

This may be off topic but I'm wondering, why is it people here do not hold Thompson in very high regards?

If you were reading the message archives and discovered we do not hold Thompson in very high regards, why didn't you keep reading, because we've explained why many times and it's all there in the archives. One or two members have defended Thompson's also.

And no, it's not off topic. Even if it were, we discuss more than just cigars here.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

podman28

I bought Thompson's initial sampler deal for new customers but beyond that they never did much for me. I much prefer dealing with CI or JR and now too much with C-Bid.

BlackIrish

Looks like we've got the quorum.  Can't wait for the fun to begin!
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

willful2462779

mmm. Thank you. No its not that I really care how anyone else feels about them I just had not found any posts defending them nor did I find anything stating reasons for the dislike I found that had been expressed. I will have to read up some more I suppose. I probably wont though, as it is not a major concern in my mind. The reason I had asked mainly was that I tend to do alot of my shopping there but they are not the only place I buy stogies from by no means. I will add to this though, I am not very fond of their auction site although I have scored some nice deals there once in a great while.

willful2462779

I have searched alot of cigar shop web sites looking for good prices and CI does pretty good in my oppinion. Do you have a link for C-Bid? Also I found a site called cigar fox, they have lower prices on alot of items than most of the sites I have found. Ill attach a link. One example which was kind of startling that I had found was MAXX by Alec Bradley The Vice (Box Press) They were going for $81.00 per box of fifty on cigar fox and a couple of other sites that offered them were asking for around $300 or better for the exact same cigar. Now tell me how that happened haha. You cant tell me that the pretty box they came in on other sites is worth $250 but then again who knows, lol. I never purchase any from any of the sites though so I do not know if they were packaged the same on cigar fox or not but the price difference was astonishing. http://www.cigarfox.com/index.php

willful2462779

I noticed that you have a picture from JR for an avatar. Have you tried their JR alternatives? do they resemble the cigars that they claim to resemble any at all? I had been looking at some and thought of buying some but would be nice to be informed before I buy.

podman28

The pass is now closed. Just what I have been waiting for. Can't wait to see how this pass progresses and then gets to me.

junglepete

Okay...I'm here in New York City, but alas! no go to the go to cigars package :-0

I am ready but I will be patient. :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

texlewee

I'm sending it in the AM express mail.

" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

junglepete

Awesome...when should I keep an eye out for it? This is quite fun! Do I post a list of the sticks I choose and the ones I add? Remember, I am a Cigar Pass Virgin.  :rolleyes:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

mhuss

Quotejunglepete - 8/5/2008  12:11 AM
Do I post a list of the sticks I choose and the ones I add?

It's really quite easy.  You simply check the box(es) of the cigar(s) you are taking, and a little further down below on the page, you type in what cigars you are putting.  Then below that, you transition the Pass to the next member by selecting his name from the drop-down list, select the carrier, add the tracking number and type in any further notes you may have.  It's very easy!  I'm sure you'll do fine!

junglepete

Thanks...I'll check that out.
Guru of Frugality

mhuss

Quotejunglepete - 8/5/2008  12:33 AM
Thanks...I'll check that out.

You'll be able to once you're the Member In Play, even if the box hasn't gotten to you yet.  But you should be able to do that soon, since it looks like the box has already been sent your way.  As soon as it's officially transitioned to you, you'll be able to check that page out and get a sense of what you can and have to do with it.

texlewee

Pete,

Disregard the 1st tracking # in history. It was a print error. The second one is the right one., :confused:

Bob Cordell

Great, I'm second. The timing was great, I won some nice smokes on C-Bid this week!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

podman28

And off we go. Going to interesting to see how the box changes as it goes around. I too have a big shipment coming in from C-Bid to diversify my collection.

texlewee

Must be a CBID week.  I got some CAO, some Gurkha some Montecristo, and some Camacho this week on CBID.

All came in today !!!!  YAY!!!!

Oh, but I forgot, I've already passed...... :cry:  :cry:

texlewee

I just hope Pete gets the pack b4 he leaves NYC.

podman28

Seems like every week is a c-bid lately. My humidor gets heavier but the wallet...........

Bob Cordell

I've gotten TNT's and Montecristo's in already. I should have 5 Vegas, Oliveros Padrino's and a Ghurka or two soon.

Sweet... :dancing:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

texlewee

HOOOORAH!!

Shows pete got the pass today!!  Glad he could participate. :dancing:  :biggrin:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.