Go To the GOTO smokes.

Started by texlewee, 07/29/2008 01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhuss

Quotetexlewee - 8/7/2008  3:44 PM
Shows pete got the pass today!!  Glad he could participate.

It was definitely great timing to get him the package while he was in the States!  Nice work guys!

junglepete

Sorry, not so fast!! There is no package here. 2 people were here all day and did not receive any package whatsoever. I called the post office, so far they are not much help. They cannot even tell me what address it was delivered to. I have the local number of the office around the corner from here that delivered it, but they are closed now. I will call them first thing in the morning. This sucks!

Please let me know what address the package was sent to?
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

podman28

Ahh a potential disaster. Hopefully it all works out but the occasional incompetence of the USPS never fails to amaze me.

texlewee

Well, guys.... I'm bummed... not only does it appear that 17 tasty cigars are gone, but also one very nice travel humidor.

I am truly depressed. we may just have to cancel this one, as I dont have another travel humidor I am willing to risk, and a 17 cigar disappearance has left me cold. :sad:

Any ideas?  USPS is no help. I insured it, but USPS is claiming to have delivered it to the right address.

As they say, no good deed shall go unpunished. :censored:
" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

Bob Cordell

SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you verify the address with them? How can they claim it was delivered to the correct address?

Man, I'm sorry that happened!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

BlackIrish

(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

texlewee

Gonna give it a few days to show up. Hopefully Pete has a friend on the lookout for the package.

If it shows up, then on we go.... Otherwise, I'll make a new pack and send it to the next person on the list...

Can't let one bogus happening screw up my pass.  Besides, I've got a new Sol Cubano Ligas B I will add to the next one..... :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

All smiles guys.... I was just pissed for a time.......

podman28

Hope everything turns out for the best. But that is the spirit let's keep all 3 passes moving.

Turboknat

You know, I know when I get delivered a pass, I have sometimes found it on my front porch in front of the door, rather than in my mailbox if I received a lot of mail or sales papers that day.  Never occured to me that someone could just walk up and pick it up and carry it away.

Maybe we should consider mailing the package with both a delivery tracking and a sign upon receipt thing attached.  That way someone actually has to sign for the package, and there will be a signature to check if something happens.

texlewee

Yep., I'll definately do that next time.......

Too bad I got burned on this one...... :confused:  :confused:

Turboknat

Man, I hate it happened. :mad:

Bob Cordell

Yeah, I missed the other two active passes because I thought one was enough to be active in. Now the other ones are closed and I missed the boat. Yeah, it was my mistake but I hate this has happened, I'm sorry so much money was pissed away!

:mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

texlewee

:mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:  :mad:  :cry:

I think that about covers it.

Bob Cordell

I agree!!!!!!!!!

Any man that steals a sack of cigars should be hung!

junglepete

Don't give up hope yet, though it's a good idea to move onward now for sure, but this is not over! I am very very tenacious...I mean assertive, I mean pissed. This address that I am at is a good address...the package was not delivered here period. The guy who made the delivery has yet to be spoken to because he is off until Monday. The hard part for me is that I won't be here on Monday, but I will stay on top of it anyhow. Crap...this was my first participation in a pass and I really appreciated being first inline to coordinate with my time here in NY. Sorry for the trouble. If I can't get anywhere with this the rest assured I will sic my girlfriend on them (lawyer). She is the absolute best at working things like this out.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

texlewee

I hope so... I'll hope for the best, and expect the worst... :puncher:  :shooter:  :beatup:  :banghead:  :shotgun:  :dukem:

SenorPablo

Wow guys!  What a bummer.  I hope it all works out.  I've seen some pretty strange things happen with passes.  Usually its better for the USPS to say they don't know where it is.  That way there is hope that it will eventually show up.  But for them to say it was delivered is not good.  Hopefully they really dont know what happened and it finds its way back.  :-(
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

paulian3

That's genuinely awful.

willful2462779

The pass still has yet to be found?

podman28

Not yet but I think little can be done on the weekend. They said the carrier was off until Monday. I am sure then a full-scale search will commence.

qman22

my condolensces on the loss of cigars.....talk about a buzz kill
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

ljlemer

Quotejunglepete - 8/8/2008  11:20 PM

Don't give up hope yet, though it's a good idea to move onward now for sure, but this is not over! I am very very tenacious...I mean assertive, I mean pissed. This address that I am at is a good address...the package was not delivered here period. The guy who made the delivery has yet to be spoken to because he is off until Monday. The hard part for me is that I won't be here on Monday, but I will stay on top of it anyhow. Crap...this was my first participation in a pass and I really appreciated being first inline to coordinate with my time here in NY. Sorry for the trouble. If I can't get anywhere with this the rest assured I will sic my girlfriend on them (lawyer). She is the absolute best at working things like this out.

I mentioned it at the Post office this morning while mailing the Sizzling Summer Pass. The guy thought the same thing I did, that it was left outside the door and somebody stole it.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

What kind of residence is it? If it's an upscale apartment house, it might have been left with the doorman.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

junglepete

These are apartments above stores. No doorman. I checked the stores on either side and knocked on apt. doors as well. Nothing! I am back in Canada now and have called the supervisor at the station where the package supposedly was delivered from. He is not in now and I will try him again tomorrow. I also have the supervisor from another station in the same neighborhood calling around to try and track it down (I will speak to him at 4:30pm today). If the postman left the package outside the door then the post office will be responsible. According to the supervisors, if the package is too big for the mailbox, and nobody is there (somebody was there in this case), then the postman is required to leave a card with the info for re-delivery or pick-up. No card!

I have had many packages delivered to this address (at least 15-20 different cigar packages) by either USPS or UPS. I have encountered every version of difficulties possible as well. Cards were left claiming nobody there, even if someone was there. I have had packages re-delivered sometimes 3-4 times. I have had packages lost in the back of a postal station...and I even had the wong address one time and it went back to the cigar company, however, I always got my package in the end.

This scenario is a new one for me. Usually when the tracking info shows the package has been delivered I have been able to relax and know that my friend is unwrapping it and placing it in my coolidor. This scenario is even worse because I was there when the mystery package was supposedly delivered and so were two other people. The two other people have been receiving cigar packages for me for 2 years now quite efficiently.

If I am able to track this down should I have it "Return to Sender"?
Guru of Frugality

podman28

If you are able to track it down why not just send it to the next guy on the pass? It is very unfortunate for you considering your location and timing but we should press on through some adversity.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.