app problems

Started by adriedel, 06/21/2012 02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adriedel

When I add cigars to my humidor on my iphone even if I sink they dont show up online.  Am I doing somthing wrong?

Any help would be great.

Thank you

SenorPablo

Hey Adam.  I'll PM you and see if we can work it out.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

bdswann

HI there I am having the same problem, I have already deleted my Humidors once by playing with the sync option, is there an instruction manual somewhere on the web site? ie best way to use the app, sync with phone & ipad etc?

I have the inventory back up on my ipad but i cannot get it to go online or over to my iphone...

thanks for your help!

SenorPablo

Quotebdswann - 11/20/2012  2:56 PM

HI there I am having the same problem, I have already deleted my Humidors once by playing with the sync option, is there an instruction manual somewhere on the web site? ie best way to use the app, sync with phone & ipad etc?

I have the inventory back up on my ipad but i cannot get it to go online or over to my iphone...

thanks for your help!

Hi Ben.  Unfortunately there is no easy way to get the cigars to sync back up to the web site if they get out of sync.  Once they have been attemtped to sync, they are marked as already sync'd and they aren't attempted again until they change.  So the not so easy work around is to go into the entries and just save them again even if you don't change anything.  That will flag them to be sync'd to the web site again.  Once they are on the we site you can pull them down to your iphone.  Maybe in a future release i'll add the ability to force the device to overwrite the web site.

But the real question is what has caused it to get out of sync with the web site.  If you have any ideas of saw any error messages or timeouts let me know.  There have been a few reports of this and I'm starting to suspect that if maybe the network drops or times out, it might be screwing it up somehow.  So, please PM me anything strange you saw that mkight help track this down.

Thanks!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

cooonger1

I too am having a similar problem. I recently joined and input my collection via the web site without any issues. Then when I signed in through the app on my Iphone 5 and synched my collection showed up but there were a few strange entries. At the top on my humidor there were three blank entries where there was a number of cigars listed as one but no other information. If i go in to exit these entries it lists the name as "(null) (null)" price as $0.00 and number as 1. It appears that all of my cigars showed up but with three extra blank entries.  I do not see these entries in the web site.

I fixed those entries as well as edited a few others and tried to synch and it overrode the changes I made on my iPhone so I was back to the same listings in my humidor that I started with, including the 3 empty entries. I tried synching both ways, just to make sure I didn't misunderstand the overwrite all function.

I think this could be a great tool, but it doesn't appear that it is synching when I make changes to my humidor on my iPhone via the app. Please let me know if there is something I'm missing as I haven't gotten any timeout errors, etc. thanks for your help!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.