A new obsession

Started by Jeebz, 06/21/2012 07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeebz

Hello fellow geeks.   I am new to cigars...... a geek in training if you will.  I love the cigar geek vs aficionado thing too. It gives it a less pretentious and looser vibe IMO.  I am the only cigar smoker of my friends and it's nice to find brothers and sisters to talk good smokes and other joys in life.  You have been very helpful and very kind in the short while i have been a member. Thank you everyone for helping me feel part of the family.

Happy Smoking!

toby2

CrazyK

Welcome to the site! I see you are a fellow Canadian!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Torske

Welcome!

A fair warning: With this new hobby, your bank account will hurt. However, your soul will be much richer. I haven't been active here for more than a few months, but it's a likeable place to be. It's a nice mix of BS and serious stuff. The pompous ass factor here is very low :biggrin:
--
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
John Kenneth Galbraith
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Torske
"To smoke a cigar has absolutely nothing to do with smoking. It's all about enjoying of life"
Ex smoker (me)

lubrix

Welcome!, Enjoy the site!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

SenorPablo

Welcome to CG Josh.  Glad to have you aboard!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Jackal

Welcome from Southern California

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

nwb

QuoteTorske - 6/21/2012  8:40 PM
The pompous ass factor here is very low :biggrin:

Except for lowpro.... :biggrin:

Glad you are enjoying your stay!
Chief of Shaft

cocon

WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

RoscozRevenge

"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
-Malcolm Reynolds

MT21

Welcome Josh from Washington State.
 :welcome:
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Rebecca Silverwolf

Greetings from Southern California.  :welcome:
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Shukpaw

I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Akkahuna

Welcome fellow Northlander......I too am new to the site, but not to cigars.  So far I have encountered a great bunch of Brothers of the Leaves on the is site, Enjoy and light one up for me.

PKAmmoTroop

:welcome: From Brighton Colorado
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
    - Terry Pratchett

Vanilla Gorilla

Welcome from Ottawa!!
Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

Hapcigar

Welcome and enjoy.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

DonM

Welcome from the Sunshine State!

"The Curmudgeon"

BXgreenhorn

Welcome to the site, Josh. I'm also the only one of my friends that smokes cigars. It sucks sometime but then again no one trys to bum stick off of me :dancing:

horrido

"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

kylepwhalen

Welcome to the Jungle

lowpro75

Welcome.  Tell us what you like to smoke so we can begin looking down on you. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Brlesq

Glad to have you join us!   :smoker:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

skore129

Welcome from the STL... make friends, have fun and smoke a few..
Dominos, Cerveza y Cigarro en mano.. todo lo que necesito..

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=skore129

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.