The Unofficial Semi-Official Perpetual Cigar Pass

Started by paulian3, 07/31/2008 09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulian3

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'The Unofficial Semi-Official Perpetual Cigar Pass'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

paulian3

Gentlemen, this is the continuation, as promised, of the Just Some Every Day Sticks Cigar Pass.  This pass will not end, but just continue cycling amongst the brethren of the leaf.  No rules, except try to keep your puts and takes even as far as value is concerned.  Other than that, have at it, and enjoy the box as it goes on its merry way.  Who's in??

Paul

podman28

Astronaut318i

Does this mean you got it back?

Cos I'm in.

Addendum: As of this post my points = 666. Awesome.

mhuss

I'm in again.  No doubt.  Thanks for starting it back up.

How many of the sticks that you got back from the first round are you planning on placing back in to the second round?  Just curious how you're thinking about handling it.

BlackIrish

(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

paulian3

I was planning on putting everything that came back (20-some sticks) back in.  There were a couple damaged in traveling that I am going to try and replace with something comparable, otherwise I'd kind of like to have a big ol' pass.  I'm always open to suggestions, though.  

PI

mhuss

Quotepaulian3 - 8/1/2008  8:12 AM
I was planning on putting everything that came back (20-some sticks) back in.  

That sounds good to me.  I was first in line with the Pass the first time around, so it'll be like a whole new Pass for me anyway.  With my personal feelings out of the way, I think it's a good concept, too.  You're right, it's like one huge Pass that is continuing over and over and over.

Astronaut318i

I dont suppose you could bump me back a couple notches, could you? It would seem that as it is...it went from me to you and then back to me.

stogie_foggie

QuoteAstronaut318i - 8/1/2008  9:30 AM

I dont suppose you could bump me back a couple notches, could you? It would seem that as it is...it went from me to you and then back to me.

I think the order is based on where you live - the east coast guys always get it first and then it moves to us in the west.  so, I think we won't see it for a while.  PI, is that right?
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Aequitas86

May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

wunderdawg

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=wunderdawg

I'm a man...But I can change....If I have to...I guess.............Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving might not be for you!!

ljlemer

Quotewunderdawg - 8/1/2008  3:34 PM

sure.....I'll go in again

Me too.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

stogie_foggie

"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

Turboknat

paulian3

Actually, I was thinking about starting this one on the west coast for a change and having it work its way back.  Seems like the west coast guys always have to wait.

PI

paulian3

The more the merrier.  Who else wants in?  Pretty much unlimited space left for potential passers...

PI

drexeltpd

I'm up for the perpetual pass. Count me in if you accept.  Old faithful's in my humidor are awaitin.

paulian3

You're in.  Still plenty of spots open if anyone else is interested!

Paul

ljlemer

Quotepaulian3 - 7/31/2008  10:01 PM

No rules, except try to keep your puts and takes even as far as value is concerned.

Paul

No rules about quantity, just value? So I can take a $10 cigar and replace it with 10 dog rockets and take 10 regular cigars and replace them with one opus and one diamond crown maximus? If you started with 11 cigars, you'd end up with 12, same value.

Thomas Mann

paulian3

Larry, I understand what you are saying, but the usual passer has a pretty good sense of honor and I don't expect any egregious substitutions.  That was meant more along the lines of "go ahead and take that havana, just put in something of roughly equivalent value."  

Paul

podman28

I agree. If someone is interested enough to get into a pass they should have some sense of honor about it. There is something to be said about doing some research about your puts and takes. I am in it to try something new and learn a bit.

mhuss

Podman, Paul......I think Larry was joking.  He's been in every single Pass that we've run on this site.  And I've had the pleasure of doing trades with him.  So I know for sure that he knows about honor and value when it comes to trading cigars.  I wouldn't worry.  Actually, I would worry about one thing..... that he will probably put a lot more value back into the box than what he took.  He may not be able to get the box closed back up again after he's done with it.  You guys have nothing to worry about.

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 8/5/2008  12:27 AM

Podman, Paul......I think Larry was joking.  He's been in every single Pass that we've run on this site.  And I've had the pleasure of doing trades with him.  So I know for sure that he knows about honor and value when it comes to trading cigars.  I wouldn't worry.  Actually, I would worry about one thing..... that he will probably put a lot more value back into the box than what he took.  He may not be able to get the box closed back up again after he's done with it.  You guys have nothing to worry about.

Mike, you are an excellent judge of character, so if you say I can trust myself, I will.

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.