The Unofficial Semi-Official Perpetual Cigar Pass

Started by paulian3, 07/31/2008 09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

I had the same thought :biggrin:  

A serial cigar snatcher is on the loose :-0
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Bob Cordell

Thats too bad, really too bad. I havent been keeping up with this thread because I opted out of it due to a heavy work load. I hat eit turned out this way for you guys...
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

texlewee

Quotejunglepete - 8/25/2008  9:39 PM

I had the same thought :biggrin:  

A serial cigar snatcher is on the loose :-0

As opposed to Bill Clinton, who was a serial snatch cigar-er.... :dancing:  :lmao:
" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

podman28

:-0  Was that something about a serial snatch looking for a good cigar?? :lmao:

Bob Cordell

I wonder how he kept it lit after being "over humidified"?

You think he had burns issues?

:biggrin:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

texlewee

Imagine the CG review on that one....

Initial light had a slight cedary taste with strong notes of salmon......
" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

BlackIrish

Quotenukbucko - 8/25/2008  4:55 PM

Im going to call not only I feel he stole from me and Podman he stole from us all.

I hate to jump to hasty conclusions, but I don't think it's hasty at this point, and given the silence from his end, its hard to draw any other conclusion.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Sticks

Just caught wind of it. Sorry to hear this happening and I haven't been participating in the cigar passes because I was afraid of someone making off with the box of stogies while I was at work. Just a shame that one of our trusted brothers breaks the code of honesty and trust to steal some cigars.

drexeltpd

Not really sure what's going on with Paul and the cigar passes.  At this point I'm not judging, just hoping he's being honest with us.

I too was cautious about starting my own pass for the same reason.  Is there a way to add a rate user feature based on private trades or successful/timely completion of passes?  Likewise, can there be a Private Trade feature that links a trade between users?  That might give some users a better reputation and prevent abuse of the feature.  Likewise, box-pass moderators could use it to judge whether someone is a good candidate for their cigar pass.  Just a thought.

minesman

Box passes are a big payoff for someout out to get cigars for nothing. I've come across situations like on several boards.

As to a solution - that might be kinda hard to find. If someone has it in their mind to steall a pass, they'll stay around long enough and do what's necessary to gain the boards confidence.

Guess that makes every pass a risk.

podman28

Sure but you would think that if the guy already moderated one pass and participated in 2 of them it would be ok. I would like to believe otherwise but maybe it was just a confidence game and Nukbucko and I got the shaft in particular and everyone in general.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.