Black-Ops Kilo Lighter

Started by bakerer13, 07/05/2012 02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerer13

At CigarFEST 2012 (Cigars International - Bethlehem, PA) I was given a Black-Ops Kilo lighter.  It never kept a flame.  Gas would release, catch the spark and then die.  I blead it and only used triple-refined butane.  I contacted CI and they rushed me a replacement, but it too never worked.  A guy I went with to the festival had the same problems.  Four out of four of these lighters were crap.  Stay away from them.

"...and I smoked 'em, one by one." ~Brad Paisly

lowpro75

I thought you were going to try to sell us one.  Thanks for the heads up.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

MT21

They gave them away for a reason.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

CrazyK

Mine is working fine. I use it regularly. You might try lowering the flame with the valve at the bottom. Some of those triple-flame lighters seem to blow themselves out if the flame is too high.
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

pferg

thanks for the heads up, it could be the new batch they made were a little lower quality.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

toby2

Quotelubrix - 7/5/2012 3:46 PM Is it made by Gurkha?.

:lmao:

grabow66

Ive got a double flame one and it still works fine. My only complaint is that it has a very cheap plastic feeling body and you better torch your smoke quick because since its a flip top, the top heats up because its too close to the flame.
If at first you dont succeed you are running about average.

BXgreenhorn

I have the double flame one works great

Vroomp

Got one of those BO lighters with a sampler and it broke when I dropped it. Swisstech sent me a label and I shipped it back for free and got a replacement in about 10 days. It's worked fine since then but, it's so cheesy I almost never carry it.
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.