It followed me home. Can I keep it?

Started by BlackIrish, 08/05/2008 09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackIrish

A couple of weeks ago I lobbed in a low bid ($30) on a box of Ramon Allones Reserve Hermoso #2, an underrated and undervalued cigar.  Forgot about it til I was notified that I won.  Nothing wrong with that, so long as there's room in the coolidor.

Delivered yesterday, open the box to find not just my box of Ramon Allones Reserve, but also a bundle of the La Cuna Bin 85 salomon.  Guess they were running a special auction on it at about the same time and the packing folks must have screwed up and put one in my box.  Checked the packing slip and invoice to see if I'd been charged for it, but I hadn't.  

Feel some pangs of conscience about keeping it, but I figure I've sent so much money to CBid, that maybe this was a thank you gift.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

jomama20

nice gift! i think one of the other guys had a box of t he la cuna's he was trying to trade. i think he said they were too mild for his tastes.

i saw a few weeks back you started a thread about ISOM's. i got a juan lopez ISOM from a friend last week. a little cigar. know anything about them?

junglepete

Yes, you can keep it! An awesome thank you gift if I do say so myself.  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

JKG

Of course it was a gift and could not possibly have been a mistake.  Returning it or offering to pay for it would be rude and offensive to the person that gifted it.  Besides, who would pay for the return shipping?  You didn't order it so you shouldn't pay and Cbid already paid to ship them to your house at no cost to you so they shouldn't pay...

If you don't keep them it can only end badly with hurt feelings, ugly emails, heated phone calls, hateful letters being sent, threats of lawsuits and possibly jail time so, keeping them and not saying a word would be the polite thing to do and the best way to avoid total destruction of the very fabric of society. :victory:

podman28

I am sure it was a thank you for the many lots you have purchased. That being said I hope there is a little treat for me too in the box arriving from C-Bid tomorrow.

BlackIrish

QuoteJKG - 8/5/2008  2:11 PM

Of course it was a gift and could not possibly have been a mistake.  Returning it or offering to pay for it would be rude and offensive to the person that gifted it.  Besides, who would pay for the return shipping?  You didn't order it so you shouldn't pay and Cbid already paid to ship them to your house at no cost to you so they shouldn't pay...

If you don't keep them it can only end badly with hurt feelings, ugly emails, heated phone calls, hateful letters being sent, threats of lawsuits and possibly jail time so, keeping them and not saying a word would be the polite thing to do and the best way to avoid total destruction of the very fabric of society. :victory:

Of course you're right.  What was I thinking?
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Duker511

Like they say when something follows you home, set it free, if it comes back to you, you can keep it. So, just send them to me and if I send them back, it was meant to be. :biggrin:
Tim

BlackIrish

Actually tried setting it free already. I put the bundle out on the front step and told it that it was free to leave. When I opened the door an hour later, it was still there, the cute little thing. I think it got attached to me quickly, so I brought it back in and will give it a good home.

At least until I start setting the bundle on fire, one by one.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.