My cigar smoking compadre' quit smoking ...

Started by mike46, 11/21/2012 10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike46

Haven't made many posts for a while, not sure why but here goes with one today.  Well, I'm not in depression, but things have changed for me over the past few weeks.  For years now, once every week me and my buddy have a cigar and a drink and play some cribbage out in my back workshop (card game is best of 3 for a lotto ticket).  Over the past 6 months or so, he has not been feeling well after the weekly smoke, he's an old cigarette smoker and I've always thought he inhaled his share of what he burned.  Anyways, he packed in the cigars and gave them all to his son along with his humidor.  I'm OK with that, his choice, but the cigar/drink/card evenings just don't seem to be the same anymore.  He doesn't mind me smoking nor does it bother him, but for sure something's missing once every week.  I've offered him to try one of my pipes for a shorter smoke but no luck so far.  He's the only one of my friends that's into smoking so that doesn't help.  Anyways, life goes on .....

:violin:  :violin:  :violin:

junglepete

That happened to me before...but I always felt in time things would rectify...meaning my buddy would start smoking again...and he did.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

freakydeakydutchman

I hope everything turns out ok. and if you were closer to me.. i play a mean game of cribbage....
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

lowpro75

I agree with Pete, most people go back to their bad habits in time.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

mpurtle01

I'd love to have a smoke with you, but I haven't played with cabbage since I was a child.

MT21

I feel your pain. My buddy at work quit cigars over 2 years now. My other cigar buddy moved out of state. Hope your friends health gets better.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

metalhead y cigarguy

While it may suck that your friend is no longer sharing in the hobby, at least he's still around to share good times with. Eventually he may come back around and pick the hobby back up, but if he doesn't he'll still be around for a drink and a game.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

pferg

hope he gets better. and its really hard to find people to smoke with here, i have a few friends that have the ocasional one, like one or 2 a year. And atleast he still comes to play crib with you.

Shukpaw

3 games of Cribbage and a cigar once a week with a god friend, sounds great.  I wish I had a friend like that.  As others have already said, 3 games of cribbage with a good friend that will let you smoke around them is still pretty sweet.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.