Let's Make it 3

Started by podman28, 08/05/2008 07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qman22

wow the 18th!  that is weird because I have received packages from DHL before, must be a recent thing.  I hope they don't try to deliver fri or sat because I will be out of town......I guess I gotta move outta the stix
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

ljlemer

Quoteqman22 - 8/12/2008  9:36 PM

wow the 18th!  that is weird because I have received packages from DHL before, must be a recent thing.  I hope they don't try to deliver fri or sat because I will be out of town......I guess I gotta move outta the stix

The area closest to Washington DC is civilized, isn't it? Where are you?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

qman22

hey man, easy on the condescension toward WV.  just b/c we are rural doesn't mean we aren't civilized.....we aren't NJ for godsakes

anyway, the box arived today safe and sound

podman28

Wonderful. I will send a small apology to the USPS. Glad it made it there before you left town.

mhuss

Quoteqman22 - 8/13/2008  6:06 PM
we aren't NJ for godsakes

I've never had the pleasure of visiting WV, but I know where you're coming from regarding NJ.   :lmao:   That's too funny!

qman22

Sorry about the delay, but I didn't have the internet when I was out of town.  I sent the box to Paul on Friday, so it probably was delivered today

podman28

Ok then I will adjust the order again and hope Paul is around.

podman28

BTW can you transition the pass to Paul? Also if you have a tracking number put it in too. Some nice puts there btw.

drexeltpd

Hey Paul,

Just realized you're the man in play for all three passes?!  I guess you're just going to make one big trip to the post office?

TK

texlewee

Paulie is MIA since the 6th of this month. I, frankly, am worried that they may all meet a dead end....... :confused:
" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

ljlemer

Quotetexlewee - 8/19/2008  11:26 PM

Paulie is MIA since the 6th of this month. I, frankly, am worried that they may all meet a dead end....... :confused:

There's lots of money to be made grabbing those cigar passes, moving and changing your name. We should have anticipated this by hiding a computer chip in the box.

Thomas Mann

texlewee

Well, my government spy sources tell me that they can find anybody, unless they are wearing a tinfoil beanie...... :confused:

podman28

I am considering sending out a second box and re-starting the pass. Should I wait for Paulian a bit more or just send out the box to the next guy on the list?

texlewee

Just send another, and if Paulie ever shows up and it was a big mistake, then have him send it back to you.

Props on being willing to start another one.....  Takes a gut check......

Believe me... I know..... :confused:

podman28

Ok I will send out another box at the end of the week because I have a rather large shipment coming in from c-bid on Thursday I believe. There are some tasty treats in that box that I will use in the new box.  :biggrin: I still am hoping everything with Paulian is just a big mistake as I believe the members here generally to be men of honor.

texlewee

You're awesome dude.

BlackIrish

Awesome indeed.  Thanks!
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

ljlemer

I'm also going to start a pass. Should we limit it to veterans of previous passes plus newbies who have been verified or what?

Thomas Mann

podman28

I would say yes. But then again the guy causing the discussions here was a pass vet and a former moderator. I would say do what you think is reasonable for your own protection. As for me I have no problem supplying a phone number for a pass.

texlewee

And that's what makes this so damn strange.....

I think each pass moderator has to make his own decision.  I decided that I didn't mind the risk of a bunch of newbies in my current pass.

Instead, what bit me was a random act of thievery before pete ever got it.  Bottom line, each pass moderator should use his own best judgment, just as I did when I gave Paulie the boot out of my pass. :confused:

Bob Cordell

I think you should just make it a rule of something like a member for at least a month with at least 25 or 50 points, whatever. That way theres a rule that applies and its there for all to see and abide by...
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

texlewee

I like the idea of guidelines better. Once again, ultimately its up to the pass moderator, I think.

I do think a set of guidelines would be nice....

Matter of fact, I think I will write one... Up for review, changes, hints, suggestions et al...

podman28

On another site where they have such passes you have to be a member 3 months to take part in the pass and 9 months to moderate but also have been in 3 successful passes. Then the moderator decides who to let in or not and their rules. Seems a bit long to be a part but then again maybe we weren't the only ones burned by this.

mhuss

Quotepodman28 - 8/28/2008  4:38 PM
On another site where they have such passes you have to be a member 3 months to take part in the pass and 9 months to moderate but also have been in 3 successful passes. Then the moderator decides who to let in or not and their rules. Seems a bit long to be a part but then again maybe we weren't the only ones burned by this.

That's actually not all that terrible of an idea.  But then again, what's to stop someone from hanging around just long enough to be eligible for a Pass and then taking off with it anyway.  There are some folks out there with some patience.  It's all about pulling off a nice little confidence scheme.

podman28

Ok the list for the new box is updated and I will drop off at DHL tomorrow. BI look out for it about Wed or Thurs. Let's get this thing moving again. :dancing:  :dancing:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.