Fantasy Football Anyone?

Started by mike.casey, 07/20/2012 03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

Quotewhizzy1 - 8/21/2014  1:49 AM

I was searching online and saw you needed people.  I have been on cigarbid for years under same screen name.  I'd like to play if you take new people.  I don't mind sending ante up from to the commish. Let me know.
Kevin

Welcome to the site!  Take a trip over to the newbie forum and introduce yourself:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?board=43.0

Chief of Shaft

whizzy1

did I kill this thread ?

metalhead y cigarguy

Did we decide on a live draft or auto pick draft?
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

NES Tek

Kevin has joined in, but that means we would need a tenth. Any takers? We need one more geek stat!
Buy in is one nice cigar to the winner. Good times for a small price.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

StogieDad

Where are we at on this one?  I assume we are doing autopick, but season starts this week.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Caveman Steve

QuoteStogieDad - 8/31/2014  11:36 AM  Where are we at on this one?  I assume we are doing autopick, but season starts this week.

Last I heard, we were shooting for Monday night at 8 EST, but not confirmed. 

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

metalhead y cigarguy

Monday night works best for me!  :biggrin:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

NES Tek

Alright geeks, looks like we'll have to go with auto-draft. I was trying to get input from everyone to make sure we'd have enough people to go live, but only a couple responded. I'd hate to have a live draft and only a couple geeks in it. Kevin, sorry we couldn't get you in. Tried to get a tenth player, but couldn't find anyone. Next year for sure.

Get your lists setup and I'll set the auto draft for tomorrow.

StogieDad

Cool deal.  Thanks brother!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

NES Tek

Change, set your lists today so I can set the draft tonight. It says with happens within 72 hours so the sooner we set it the better.

NES Tek

Rich paid up from last year, and paid big! Your rock! Thanks Rich!

StogieDad

Welp, 6 wins in a row took me through the playoffs to take the league!  I don't even know what the payout was on this one, haha.  But it is good to actually win a fantasy league....:biggrin:
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

NES Tek

Congrats Michael!!!

StogieDad is our winner for the season! I feel from grace so fast I had totally shut it out, but its time for all of us losers to send Michael his prize.

The payout is one nice cigar! If you want to send more, no one will stop you.
@Michael: I'll get mine out Monday.

Thanks again geeks for another fun season!

StogieDad

Can't wait!  Thanks fellas,  fun season.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

metalhead y cigarguy

I'll get my cigar(s) off next week hopefully.  Congrats on winning this year Michael. As usual my team stunk it up.  :-(  At least this year everyone was close in the standings. Made for an interesting last couple weeks and playoffs. Enjoy your winnings Michael.  :smoker:

Caveman Steve

Congrats Michael!

I was feeling all high and mighty after winning the regular season, but that was a we..... er um.. pipe dream. Had fun in my first go around of fantasy football.

Prize will go out this week! 

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

NES Tek

Mine's going out today...9405903699300334713178
Should be there by Friday
Enjoy!

StogieDad

Thanks bud!  Don't recognize some of the names on the owners list of the others, heard from 3 folks.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

Got a super sweet prize pack from Caveman Steve.  Thanks brother!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

NES Tek

Reminder to the geeks who haven't sent out their prize to Michael yet. Lets try to get all of the prizes out and on time this year. :-)

StogieDad

Got yours Nick, thanks a ton man!  I'll post a pic when I get back to them, but they look awesome!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

metalhead y cigarguy

My cigars were scheduled to arrive Monday 1/12/15 so hopefully you got them.  Enjoy!

StogieDad

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 1/13/2015  5:30 AM

My cigars were scheduled to arrive Monday 1/12/15 so hopefully you got them.  Enjoy!

Not yet brother, but I know mail is crazy right now.  Im sure they will show up soon.  Thanks!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

QuoteStogieDad - 1/13/2015  2:03 PM

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 1/13/2015  5:30 AM

Not yet brother, but I know mail is crazy right now.  Im sure they will show up soon.  Thanks!

Got em!  Thanks!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.