Fantasy Football Anyone?

Started by mike.casey, 07/20/2012 03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NES Tek

Invites are out except for one. waiting on an email address.

I see Tim wasted no time and has already jumped in. Damn, am I excited to get this thing going!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

metalhead y cigarguy

How many guys are there in the original CG Fantasy League? I only see 6 teams listed as of now. Just curious.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Bob Cordell

Has anybody drafted for me?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

metalhead y cigarguy

The draft hasn't been done yet, so you're good still.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

NES Tek

We have 10 teams in total. Still some invites to be accepted.

Sounds like everyone's down for a live draft. Let's try to pick a time.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

MiaFLSurf

As long as its at night, it should be good for people.

I am in 2 other leagues right now that both have their draft on Labor Day weekend at night.

If the season doesnt start before then, why not on Tuesday or Wed night after labor day, like after 8PM EST?
110 hours a week.  52 weeks a year.

NES Tek

That would be best for me. I'll be on vacation for the next two week pretty much. Akira and I are camping over Labor Day.

Let's plan for that Tuesday. We'll have to see about 8pm EST. May have to be a little later.

Bob Cordell

Ok, I signed up, what am I supposed to do?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

cmmayo

Any room for me? My fantasy baseball team is already out of the playoffs, so I've got time for fantasy football.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

akira

QuoteNES Tek - 8/20/2012  5:06 AM

That would be best for me. I'll be on vacation for the next two week pretty much. Akira and I are camping over Labor Day.

Let's plan for that Tuesday. We'll have to see about 8pm EST. May have to be a little later.

I can't do 8 EST and our other league is already set for 7:30 PST.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

MiaFLSurf

Two things:
a) We need a 10th man.  If we dont have someone sign up, the league wont start
b) Just make the draft at night that Tuesday.  Its just an added bonus for those that can make it.  If someone cant, they just rank their players like what would have happened if there was no draft.

Regardless, we need to get it all settled soon if this is going to fly.

cmmayo

--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteNES Tek - 8/19/2012  9:50 AM

We have 10 teams in total. Still some invites to be accepted.

Sounds like everyone's down for a live draft. Let's try to pick a time.

If won't be able to live draft, so I'll have to go rank my draft picks and hope for the best.  I'm going to have a busy work and I work evenings so my team will have to be picked by the computer.  :-(

JohnnyStix

Not sure if you need another team or not, guessing you still have a long waiting list, but if you need another coach and the dues are a five pack, I'm in, pm me.  My original league's draft is next Saturday and I am stoked!
JohnnyStix

"Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. This way when you insult him you'll be a mile away and have his shoes"

Reighvin

Bumping this back towards the top as the season gets ready to end.
My Humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=reighvin

My Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/reighvin

Twitter: @Reighvin

"Some people spend their life wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem."~Ronald Reagan

lowpro75

I thought I was going to make a playoff push at the end, just let me know where to send the cigars.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

lowpro75

I'm rooting for Scott to win so I can wait 9 months then send him crappy cigars.  Payback is a bitch.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Ken Kelley

Quotelowpro75 - 12/24/2012  12:22 PM

I'm rooting for Scott to win so I can wait 9 months then send him crappy cigars.  Payback is a bitch.

Bah and humbug???  :biggrin:

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

lowpro75

I am in quite the festive spirit this year.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

MiaFLSurf

Quotelowpro75 - 12/24/2012  12:43 PM

I am in quite the festive spirit this year.

It's ok.

I deserve it.

Drew Brees and dez Bryant!!!!

MiaFLSurf

NES Tek

QuoteMiaFLSurf - 12/30/2012  7:24 PM

Holy poop, I won!!!

You got the poop part right!

Dammit! Always a bridesmaid, never the bride!

Congrats Scott! Thanks everyone for a great season!

metalhead y cigarguy

Well, Nick... close but no cigar.    :biggrin:
Congrats Scott! That was a good Championship match up.

Looks like I took 4th this year. Very surprised after the start I had. Going 0-4 only to finish the season 8-2 with a playoff appearance. Another good year of Geek Fantasy Football. Maybe next year for me.

MiaFLSurf

How does this work?

Post my address here?  Im assuming I have to wait for 9 packages to arrive?

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteMiaFLSurf - 12/31/2012  3:31 PM

How does this work?

Post my address here?  Im assuming I have to wait for 9 packages to arrive?

No you don't need to post your address here. All members of the league will have access to your address under your profile and will hopefully be shipping you your winnings shortly.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.