Diplomatica Reserva Exclusiva and Don Pepin

Started by Spinner, 07/27/2012 04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinner

First of all thanks Cigar geeks, you steered me in the right direction.

So, I am a rum lover. Some may regard rum as second string to Whiskey/Whisky but a fine rum stands in a class of it's own.

The fine rum tonight was the 12 year old Diplomatica Reserva Exclusiva. I smoked a Don Pepin, My Fathers Le Bijou Petit Robusto this evening and had the choice between a El Dorado 21year and the DRE I chose the DRE. I'm glad I did.

The pair combined beautifully flavours mingling and merging to create one of those moments when one says to themselves 'life doesn't get much better than this'.

Highly recommended.  :smoker2:

BigTA

Love Rum, Will have to give it a try, Hitting a rum tasting event Sat, I love my Zaya 12 year
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

ntanner

not a big rum fan but the smoke was outstanding.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Spinner

Hey Big TA, 12 year Zaya is one of the best. Give the Diplomatico a try it's very special and would match well with any full body cigar you have. I have the El Dorado 21 year is a very very special rum although with it's smoky finish it would match well with a medium cigar I think. I plan to light up a Ashton VSG Robusto with that tomorrow so will see how they pair.

Spinner

Quotentanner - 7/27/2012  12:02 AM

not a big rum fan

Have you tried the top of the range rum? Honestly not being an arse just wondering if your opinion on rum is formed from the bottle shop garbage

Quotentanner - 7/27/2012  12:02 AM the smoke was outstanding.

I'm glad you agree as your experience is better than mine.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.