Cigars for Troops - 2012

Started by nwb, 08/08/2012 02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1sgjeffward

For obvious reasons I have a soft spot for the troops so I'm in. Also you can count me in for a split of the shipping cost if needed just LMK what you need when the time comes and I've got ya covered.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

BigTA

Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

Vroomp

I would like to donate some sticks and/or even money for your shipping costs. I am unable to view addresses but, I see you are in Atlanta and I work in Buckhead on a daily basis and would be happy to meet you for a handoff. Please PM me for my cell number.
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Brlesq

I'm in again.  Thanks for organizing this Nate! :bigthumbs:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Robert LG

Rob

nwb

Quotetoby2 - 8/8/2012  10:06 PM

Quotenwb - 8/8/2012 9:54 PM
Quotetoby2 - 8/8/2012 6:34 PM have you got any feedback from these? Steph and I sent out five boxes with smokes etc and we never heard peep back. just curious.
In 2010, we received a nice letter from one of the groups we bombed. They also included a flag that had been flown over their base (have the flag/specifics in a safe place). Last year, we didn't receive anything. However, I'm not too worried about it as long as we provide something for their efforts and being away during the holidays. :biggrin:

don't get me wrong i was just asking. we sent some big damn boxes full of stuff and contact info etc. we heard they may not have gotten through so we were bummed out.

i will get something over to you. my lodge is mostly military and they do love a surprise when deployed.

It can get dicey with getting packages to the right people.  Last year, we had one bounce back almost two months after I sent it.  After some recovery time in the humidor, I sent them to a different group, and I believe they received them.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

QuoteChrism305 - 8/8/2012  10:46 PM

I'm in. Will send stuff in October. Cigars only or cutters and lighters also?

Cutters might be ok, but I won't ship lighters due to postal regulations.  Matches will work, though, and I usually throw in a bunch with each box.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

QuoteVroomp - 8/8/2012  11:31 PM

I would like to donate some sticks and/or even money for your shipping costs. I am unable to view addresses but, I see you are in Atlanta and I work in Buckhead on a daily basis and would be happy to meet you for a handoff. Please PM me for my cell number.

A handoff sounds good.  I live in the northeast suburbs, but I make it down to Buckhead once or twice a month.  Next time I plan on being down there, I'll shoot you a PM.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

New list.  This is going to be BIG....

1sgjeffward
akira
BigTA
Brlesq
Chrism305
cocon
gitfiddl
grabow66
Hapcigar
Jackal
lubrix
mike.casey
nkowal
MT21
Robert LG
SenorPablo
Shukpaw
Sjn1117
swvalenti
toby2
Vroomp
Chief of Shaft

BXgreenhorn

I'm in. God bless our troops... :usa:

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

hardeveningsuburb

I'm in again!  Last year's was great, let's make it an even better one this time around!
"After people get to know me, they all say I drink a lot of beer. I don't deny it either. Why should I? I'm not ashamed of beer." - Richard Brautigan

zac

I'd like to participate this year.

Cfickter

I already do a program with the US Navy SEALS, but I will gladly donate to this one also.  Will get some going your way.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

grabow66

I sent my donation today, 0303 2460 0002 1037 2856
If at first you dont succeed you are running about average.

ThinBlueLine

Package is on the way Sir, PM sent with USPS DC #....thanks for organizing this!
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

BlackIrish

I'll contribute again this year, Nathan.  Thanks for organizing again!
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

nwb

Wow, I've already got multiple donations on the way.  Thanks everyone!

1sgjeffward
akira
BigTA
BlackIrish
Brlesq
Bxgreenhorn – Package Sent
Cfickter
Chrism305
cocon
gitfiddl
grabow66 – Package Sent
Hapcigar
hardeveningsuburb
Jackal
lubrix
mike.casey
NES Tek
nkowal
MT21
Robert LG
SenorPablo
Shukpaw
Sjn1117
swvalenti – Package Sent
toby2
Vroomp
zac
Chief of Shaft

Cfickter

I looked at the 2011 final pics, holy smoke!  We gotta do beat that this year.

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

nwb

QuoteCfickter - 8/10/2012  10:26 PM

I looked at the 2011 final pics, holy smoke!  We gotta do beat that this year.

Last year was amazing.  Here are the pics (2010 at top, 2011 on bottom):
Chief of Shaft

sjn1117

is it better to send it now or wait a little until its closer to time for the big package to go out. either way is ok by me.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

gitfiddl

I've got a coworker that's chipping in as well.  We're gonna see if we can what we can get from the other guys around the place.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

wescat

Thanks for doing this again Nathan !!!!    :bigthumbs:
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Cfickter

Quotenwb - 8/10/2012  10:34 PM  
QuoteCfickter - 8/10/2012  10:26 PM  I looked at the 2011 final pics, holy smoke!  We gotta do beat that this year.
Last year was amazing.  Here are the pics (2010 at top, 2011 on bottom):

I got a box on order and some loose stuff I will send as soon as it gets here

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.