Anyone tried These?

Started by Robert LG, 08/18/2012 06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert LG

http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm/hurl/evt=itemDetail/itemcode=ELB56/JR-EDICION-LIMITADA-ALTERNATIVE-COHIBA-BEHIKE-LAGUITO-NO.-6.html

I tried a few of these while visiting a BOTL in North Carolina.  He smokes mainly bargain cigars.  He has tried many JR knockoffs and has only liked two of them.  This one and the Montecristo Edmundo knockoff.  I really enjoyed this cigar.  The burn on all of them was flawless as well as the draw. By no means am I trying to say it resembles the Behike.  Although I wouldn't know I highly doubt it resembles the real deal.  I just thought I would share this with you guys who seek decent bargain cigars.  I'm thinking of picking up a bundle myself.  Has anyone else tried these and what did you think?
Rob

Cfickter

Thanks for sharing the review. I have not tried any of the Jr alternatives. Will be passing thru NC soon. May need to stop and pick up some samples
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

CrazyK

I have smoked many of them, though admittedly it was several years ago when I lit up my last one. They are great cigars for the price, but I would not say they are that close to their originals. As far as I am concerned, they only try to imitate the shape and the look of the real thing, but not really the flavour. Again, for the price, they are good value.
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

ROTHNH

Agreed.  Don't expect any JR Alternative to smoke like the "real deal," but I gotta say that I've smoked many of them over the years and while I enjoyed some more than others (our tastes vary), every single one of those cigars was well made, had quality tobacco and were exceptional values.

Robert LG

Yeah, I went in with no expectations whatsoever and came out pleasantly surprised.  It was very obvious ,at the very least, the tobacco was well aged quality tobacco.
Rob

Cigary

I've tried a few of them but the only JR brand I like is their Ultimates...better quality and pricing.

ROTHNH

QuoteCigary - 8/18/2012  3:56 PM

I've tried a few of them but the only JR brand I like is their Ultimates...better quality and pricing.

The Consuegra Principale bundles -- are "seconds" of the Ultimates -- at half the price ($42 vs. $82).  They've been in my regular rotation for years.  I restock when Lew puts those up for $5 off, which has been once or twice a year.

http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm/hurl/evt=itemDetail/itemcode=CG733

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.