Rum and Cigars

Started by PuffinDaPuros, 09/11/2012 11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvolball

Don't do much of the hard stuff. Never have. I've always been more of beer man myself. I have found that I like a good cup of lightly sweetend cup of black coffee with my smokes.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

frankj1

check out

www.rumgallery.com

no cigar pairing discussion but some excellent rum info and reviews to help you decide what you may like...and why.

PAPI RICO

Hello Brothers of the Leaf: Sipping a good aged rum,straight, I prrefer Havana Club or a good Venezuelanlike Aniversario,
                                       accompanied by good maduro,Perdomo Habano,Henry Clay or similar, is a real luxury,specially
                                       following a steak dinner. Try it

Jackal

Just had some Black Seal with a Cohiba Corona Especial.  Very nice.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Greenfairypipe

MMM rum.  I like either a ron zacapa 23 or a ron centenario XX with just a single ice cube or kraken with a little agave and limes-shake with some ice and splash of water-mmmmmmmmmm

wolfeman
Wolfeman

"After the first glass of absinthe you see things as you wish they were. After the second you see them as they are not. Finally you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world."
- Oscar Wilde

ubest

I am a dirty :spammer: (this message edited by Hot Stuff x)   :spamcan:

87North

I just love getting educated by spammers...  :rolleyes:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

paradisus

QuotePAPI RICO - 12/18/2012  7:22 PM

Hello Brothers of the Leaf: Sipping a good aged rum,straight, I prrefer Havana Club or a good Venezuelanlike Aniversario,
                                       accompanied by good maduro,Perdomo Habano,Henry Clay or similar, is a real luxury,specially
                                       following a steak dinner. Try it

Havana Club also Caney is good

samreddevilz

Wow ! The combination of Rum & Cigars together is tremendous.... I had it once. Wanna experience it again in future. Pray...

Feldenak

Ok, so I'm raising this thread from the dead because I've been on a rum kick lately. I'm normally a whisky guy but rum makes a great pairing with a cigar. I don't mix my rum, unless you count a single ice cube as mixing :)

My current favorites:
Matusalem Clasico 10 - Great, cheap rum. I can get it for under $20/bottle at the grocery store and you can't beat it for the price
Zaya - Speaks for itself
Zacapa 15 - Good but at the price point I'd probably grab a whisky
Zacapa XO - Holy wow is this stuff good. I was recently gifted a bottle and it is easily the single best rum I've ever had. The downside is that at ~$100/bottle, I won't be buying this very often

I'm not really a fan of spiced rums or the standard Bacardi stuff. I burned myself out on those at Auburn
https://www.facebook.com/CigarsForTroops

Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football. ~ John Heisman

nwb

I've been known to drink a little rum.

My favorites:
Ron Zacapa 23 - The best I've tried, but I haven't had the opportunity to try the XO or any other super expensive rums.
Zaya - Almost as good as the RZ23 at a cheaper price point.
Gosling's Black Seal - Cheaper and less smooth, but I still enjoy it with an ice cube or two.

Sailor Jerry's - My favorite for rum & coke.
Chief of Shaft

Feldenak

Quotenwb - 5/22/2014  9:50 AM

My favorites:
Ron Zacapa 23 - The best I've tried, but I haven't had the opportunity to try the XO or any other super expensive rums.
Gosling's Black Seal - Cheaper and less smooth, but I still enjoy it with an ice cube or two.

I'll have to try the Gosling's Black Seal.

The Zacapa XO is so thick it's practically pours like a syrup. So good.  :rocker:

Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football. ~ John Heisman

Brlesq

I am really digging the bottle of Diplomatico Reserva that I picked up for $22 last week.  Aged 8 years and really smooth, a tad lighter than Zaya or Zacapa, but with all the same great taste.  I've had the Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva in the past, but it is at the same price point with Zacapa, so Zacapa wins that battle.  But when the Reserva is half that price, we have a new contender!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

Thanks for the tip, Bruce.  That may be my next purchase.
Chief of Shaft

Feldenak

QuoteBrlesq - 5/22/2014  10:02 AM

I am really digging the bottle of Diplomatico Reserva that I picked up for $22 last week.  Aged 8 years and really smooth, a tad lighter than Zaya or Zacapa, but with all the same great taste.  I've had the Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva in the past, but it is at the same price point with Zacapa, so Zacapa wins that battle.  But when the Reserva is half that price, we have a new contender!

Another new to me rum to try. Picking up all kinds of info today :)

Jackal

If you can find it and don't mind putting out the cash, Appleton 21 year is excellent; had some with a Davidoff Nicaragua, an excellent pairing.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Longhorn

My favorites:

I hear that Zacapa XO is pretty good.  :-)

Feldenak

QuoteLonghorn - 5/22/2014  11:30 AM

My favorites:

If I have any left at the next gathering, I'll bring it over. :singing:

Longhorn

QuoteFeldenak - 5/22/2014  11:33 AM

QuoteLonghorn - 5/22/2014  11:30 AM

My favorites:

If I have any left at the next gathering, I'll bring it over. :singing:

You're on!

wlfwalleye

QuoteJackal - 5/22/2014  10:11 AM

If you can find it and don't mind putting out the cash, Appleton 21 year is excellent; had some with a Davidoff Nicaragua, an excellent pairing.

This..... :bigthumbs:  I was gifted a bottle awhile back. I swear that I get a taste of Werther's Original Caramel Hard Candies on the finish.

Feldenak

Quotewlfwalleye - 5/22/2014  11:39 AM

QuoteJackal - 5/22/2014  10:11 AM

This..... :bigthumbs:  I was gifted a bottle awhile back. I swear that I get a taste of Werther's Original Caramel Hard Candies on the finish.

Ok, you guys are killing me. A third rum to try?

nwb

This thread is like Pandora's Box.... :-(
Chief of Shaft

Feldenak

Quotenwb - 5/22/2014  12:20 PM

This thread is like Pandora's Box.... :-(

:drinking:

johncw

I am taking notes I will have to check one of these out.

Brlesq

REMEMBER GEEKS:  Don't drink rum and bid on the devil site.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.