Thompson Cigar

Started by long_ashes, 09/26/2012 12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

long_ashes

We respect everyone's opinions about our reviews on the Crap Network. These are some excerpts from a recent email we got from Thompson Cigar pertaining to our reviews:

"Screaming: this cigar is s**t! is not a cigar review"

"I found your video absurd with absolutely no tangible evidence"

"We are more interested in high traffic sites with reviewers that have a vocabulary that expands past just a range of profanities"

Hmmm, I don't think they like us very much. Oh well.  :dancing:
http://crapnetwork.com
Home of Crap Cigar, Crap Sauce, and Crap Beer
A streaming pile of crap entertainment.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

pferg

which review were you reviewing that got thompson's panties bunched up?

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

long_ashes

http://crapnetwork.com
Home of Crap Cigar, Crap Sauce, and Crap Beer
A streaming pile of crap entertainment.

Brlesq

But even after all of that, I bet they still won't remove you name or phone number from their "contact often" lists!

We prefer to not even use the "T" word here.  There are too many good sites out there to have to deal with those bottom feeders.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

junglepete

Well, that particular cigar was reviewed by someone here on our site (kola) and he actually smoked two of them. Here is his summary:

"I let my 2nd (and thankfully last) stick rest. Nigh unto 8 months and little has changed. The prelight now gives lots of barnyard. But the taste and burn characteristics are the same. Another "Thompson special" that should be avoided or used for target practice."

Used for target practice pretty well sums up "this cigar is shyt" to me  :biggrin:

I wonder if Thompson's will contact us to do a Geek Critique??  :shy:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

ROTHNH

QuoteBrlesq - 9/26/2012  1:24 PM

But even after all of that, I bet they still won't remove you name or phone number from their "contact often" lists!

We prefer to not even use the "T" word here.  There are too many good sites out there to have to deal with those bottom feeders.

Slight correction -- "Many of us prefer to not even use the "T" word here."  Some of us have no real problem with Thompson and a few Geeks even order from them regularly.

I also much prefer to spend my time checking out reviews here at CG and other places that actually provide substantive, useful impressions that will actually be of some use to me for determining which products to try.  Being entertained is fine sometimes but when it comes to cigar reviews, I much prefer to be informed.

Cigary

QuoteBrlesq - 9/26/2012  10:24 AM  But even after all of that, I bet they still won't remove you name or phone number from their "contact often" lists!  We prefer to not even use the "T" word here.  There are too many good sites out there to have to deal with those bottom feeders.

You got that right.  Ya gotta laugh at a business that makes a living at harassing most consumers and then stands up and tells everybody about how they need to conduct themselves....something about a pot and a kettle...how does that go again?

CrazyK

I can't believe they actually got mad... I guess they have too much spare time on their hands since they aren't filling any Geek orders!! ;-)
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

1029henry

Well, if Thompson's hates you, I like you!
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

pferg

Quote1029henry - 9/26/2012  8:24 PM

Well, if Thompson's hates you, I like you!

is that like the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

toby2

no such thing as bad publicity huh? why would they give a damn about how people review their floor sweepings yard gars. it's not as if you said their filter tipped "cigars" that are rolled and packaged like cigarettes are what is causing all the heat on real cigar smokers from the Feds or anything....

Hapcigar

Quote"Screaming: this cigar is s**t! is not a cigar review"

In New Jersey, yes, this would be considered a valid review of a bad cigar.  Your friends will admire your gracious restraint while informing them to avoid said cigar.

Quote"I found your video absurd with absolutely no tangible evidence"

A cigar that taste like s**t would qualify as tangible evidence.  

If Thompson can't take the heat of an honest review maybe they should bail out of the cigar business.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Ken Kelley

Granny always told me, "If you can't say anything nice then say it loud!"  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.