no coffee no booze

Started by Smurf, 10/04/2012 03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurf

So Long story short I can no longer have any booze or coffee for the next several months. One of my classic cigar drinks is a vodka martini. When i cant have a martini I usually have a nice strong cup of coffee..

was wondering what you guys like to enjoy with a fine cigar that is neither alcohol or coffee :confused:  :confused:
orbis non sufficit

Cigary

Tough choice as far as any booze...I love Amarula with cigars...it's like Baileys only much better.  Tea is good...I will drink Vanilla/Caramel and that usually goes well with cigars...I put a splash of 1/2 and 1/2 in it.

akira

I like Dr. Pepper or just plain water.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Smurf

wow Dr.Peper.... good call I will have to try that. :bigthumbs:
orbis non sufficit

lubrix

Water or green tea only.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

CrazyK

OMG that sucks dude!! At least summer is winding down...
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Hapcigar

Who is this evil demon that has done this too you????  May karma treat them judiciously.

I guess it soda or tea.  Sometimes I have a spot of Yorkshire Tea with my churchill.  So very British.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

sam a

san pellegrino. do it... you will be happy you did.
Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

toby2

i almost always drink black tea no sugar no cream.

nirab

Maine Root Ginger Brew...goes great with cigars!  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Brlesq

Dr. Pepper, good root beer or cream soda.  Fresca isn't bad either (the citrus cleans the palate).
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

sjn1117

man what did you do to deserve that sentence? mustve been terrible! saint arnolds brewery in houston makes an awesome root beer if you can find it where you are.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

cmmayo

I can't have alcohol on my diet and too much coffee keeps me up or makes me feel crappy, so in the evenings I have decaf coffee. Is that an option for you?

English breakfast tea is a good option, too.

Take medical advice very seriously. There are cigars yet to be rolled that you don't want to miss out on.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Smurf

Not sure about the decaf coffee, however i had iced tea last night . The fresh brewed with real ice from a Keurig machine not the instanct stuff, and it was actually quite good it stood up to a Ep carrilo short run 2012.

seems becoimg healthier may not be that bad! :dancing:  :dancing:
orbis non sufficit

cmmayo

I just hit the 50-pounds-lost mark, so being healthier with my choices has been ALMOST fun. It was really cool being able to find a Texas Rangers jersey in stock that actually fits.

That and not dying.

:confused:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Smurf

:bigthumbs: Well done congrats on the 50lbs..
orbis non sufficit

1sgjeffward

Chai Tea is a favorite and Jones pure cane soda http://www.jonessoda.com/ the Root Beer and Cream Soda in particular go great with a lot of cigars.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

junglepete

This is what I have with cigars:

Soda water with a 1/6 splash of either 100% apple juice or some other clear natural fruit juice.

Or I have a huge mug of any herbal tea you like with a splash of lemon and honey or maple syrup.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Rebecca Silverwolf

I typically have diet coke with cigars, or water.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

chief791

Try club soda with lime. I really like it when i don't feel like coffee or booze.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

Herfin' Chef

Quotecmmayo - 10/5/2012  4:51 PM

I just hit the 50-pounds-lost mark, so being healthier with my choices has been ALMOST fun. It was really cool being able to find a Texas Rangers jersey in stock that actually fits.

That and not dying.

:confused:

Way to Go !!!
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

toby2

Quotecmmayo - 10/5/2012  4:51 PM  I just hit the 50-pounds-lost mark, so being healthier with my choices has been ALMOST fun. It was really cool being able to find a Texas Rangers jersey in stock that actually fits.   That and not dying.   :confused:

RIGHT ON!!!!

keep it up dude!

87North

Yeah... Not dying is a pretty good thing...  :biggrin:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

nirab

Up and vertical is half the battle in this game we call life. Nice job Corey!  I have found that some of the G2 Gatorade flavors go good with cigars, when it is hot outside. We also have a Gatorade that is made in Mexico, available here in Texas. It is Cucumber/Lime. Sounds really weird, but it is a great drink with a cigar. I like to put it on ice and water down the sweetness a bit.  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

njarcher21

Always try to have coffee with my cigar, no matter what time of day.  I don't drink alcohol so coffee or coca cola in a glass bottle are my "pairings".

I lost 60lbs in 3 months last year and 75 overall from my heaviest point in less than a year...keep it up!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.