What do YOU know about Lars Teten???

Started by cmmayo, 10/07/2012 01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmmayo

OK, so I've stumbled across an interesting character on the outskirts of the "cigar world" and I thought I would check to see if anyone on this site has heard any of the crazy stuff that I've dragged up on the Internet...

Lars' real name is Larry.

He sells cigars online with odd infusions. After reading a review online for the DOPO PIZZA cigar (infused with pizza flavors and sweetness, I read), I decided to order a 5-pack. Call it morbid curiosity.

There are mentions of Lars on the Internet involving everything from hanging out with Steven Tyler of Aerosmith to having a group of followers in a Cult-like atmosphere to being a scam artist that has used others' credit lines to start companies that crashed and burned.

There are also mentions of having sex with underage girls.

There also seems to be a connection to Jonathan Drew. According to unconfirmed reports, Drew spent time with Lars and eventually lured away a bunch of folks working for Lars. Comments included the definite influence that Lars' infusions and artistic style had on ACID cigars.

Supposedly, the ACID cigar named "Extraordinary Larry" is named after him.

Lars is now overweight and has magenta hair. He has many inane videos on YouTube where he records himself doing things such as going to In N Out burger.

...so tell me if you've ever heard of this guy. I just got the email yesterday (over a week after I ordered my cigars) that they are on the way. I will let you know how a pizza-infused cigar tastes.

:confused:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

1029henry

Sounds legit. Let us know how that turns out.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

mpurtle01

vw77guy

I love coffee and I love cigars, so I was all about coffee infused cigars.  I can  only hope the pizza infused cigar can live up to it's expectations.

billy82

Are they just cheese favor or can I order a meat lovers with mushrooms.

I can't wait to see the review
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

1sgjeffward

Quotebilly82 - 10/7/2012  4:26 AM

:word:

Can I hold the anchovies on that Churchill please :lmao:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

DonM

Quote1sgjeffward - 10/7/2012  7:11 AM

:lmao:

"The Curmudgeon"

MT21

What beer do you drink with a pizza cigar? :confused:
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Brlesq

QuoteDonM - 10/7/2012  9:17 AM
Quote1sgjeffward - 10/7/2012  7:11 AM

Yeah, if I wanted my cigars to smell like anchovies, I'd just buy that Lewinsky brand.  :biggrin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

toby2

gitfiddl

QuoteMT21 - 10/7/2012  9:42 AM

Bacon Beer, of course!  http://bacontoday.com/bacon-beer/

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

sjn1117

corey its funny you mention these cause i walked into the humi room at specs liquor in houston last week and they have a big display rack of his cigars. the humi manager told me they are comparisoned to DE Acid smokes. havent picked one up but theyve got some crazy looking bands on em. looks like they retail between 6.00 & 8.00 a stick, at specs at least. im not huge on infused cigars but keep us posted.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

chief791

I heard he is working on a Eggplant Parmigiano Toro and a Brochette Belicoso.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

gitfiddl

Quotecmmayo - 10/7/2012  2:16 AM
There are mentions of Lars on the Internet involving everything from hanging out with Steven Tyler of Aerosmith to having a group of followers in a Cult-like atmosphere to being a scam artist that has used others' credit lines to start companies that crashed and burned.

There are also mentions of having sex with underage girls.

Underage girls?  Which one?  Lars or Steven Tyler?  

And as far as his business practices, maybe he's friends with Gene Arganese, too...

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Hapcigar

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

CrazyK

QuoteHapcigar - 10/7/2012  11:55 AM

I prefer cigar flavored cigars.

Call me simple, but I'm with you on this one!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Cigary

I remember when this brand of Cigars came out and that was years ago...it was a 'fad' then and most of the people who smoked these is when the cigar boom was going full blast.  It was the younger Gen X smokers who I saw smoking these and they were just as nasty to smell the smoke as it was to smoke them.  Gorilla Fingers or others such nonsense of the names of these cigars are not what I was raised on.  His philosophy about cigars does not represent the quality of what a cigar is really about...his own manifesto says he knows practically nothing about cigars or making them but rather he makes them according to what he likes in a taste.  http://www.larstetens.com/Lars_on_Gars.html

For somebody who isnt interested in money as he says....I don't see him giving it away to worthy charities.

gitfiddl

QuoteCrazyK - 10/7/2012  12:13 PM

QuoteHapcigar - 10/7/2012  11:55 AM

I prefer cigar flavored cigars.

Call me simple, but I'm with you on this one!

That's cool, and I'm with you for the most part.  That said, sometimes a Kuba Kuba just hits the spot for me.  I wouldn't smoke one every day, but they are one of the few smokes I always try to have on hand.

cmmayo

Got my order in today and it's not what I ordered. I ordered a 5-pack of the Corona (5x42) vitola, but what I got was 3 4-packs of what are basically cigarillos. I've sent a message, replying to the shipping email I got, but after reading so many negative comments, I'm not feeling so good about things.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

cmmayo

Just got this reply: "Yes, they changed without telling me...I will see what I can do to get the cigar you want...hang tight....no cost to you at all......."

So that's an amazingly fast customer service response. Credit where credit's due, I always say.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

cmmayo

Another update. They said the size I ordered will take a couple of weeks to restock so they told me to just keep the minis that they sent me. Again, they deserve credit for doing the right thing.

So now I gotta go smoke one and review it. Well, first I need to submit it to the db, but will let you know how it goes. They smell a little like black licorice...
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

whodeeni

The one i bought 3 years ago was cheap, but nasty!
If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

Ken Kelley

QuoteBrlesq - 10/7/2012  10:05 AM

QuoteDonM - 10/7/2012  9:17 AM

Yeah, if I wanted my cigars to smell like anchovies, I'd just buy that Lewinsky brand.  :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

This one?  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Ken Kelley

Quotegitfiddl - 10/7/2012  11:00 AM

QuoteMT21 - 10/7/2012  9:42 AM

Bacon Beer, of course!  http://bacontoday.com/bacon-beer/

In a bacon beer mug?

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.