Lighter Recommendations...

Started by JKG, 09/03/2008 03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duker511

As long as the matches are sulfer free, sulfer matches make your cigar taste like crap! :biggrin:
Tim

Ken Kelley

The best cigar lighter I've found, especially for the larger ring gauges, is a piece of red hot steel I've just taken from the forge.  All you have to do is get it a half inch or so from the end the cigar and it very quickly lights evenly all over.  Admittedly, it's not a very convenient method unless the forge is already fired up, but it works great!

K
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Christopher62

You'll put your eye out kid!

(Couldn't resist...)

~Christopher

lowpro75

Unfortunately, I don't think my wife will let me have a forge.  :-(
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

jmagg

I work at aplace that forges crankshafts, I've seen many a cigarette lit off them, even a couple of cigars.  But now were smoke free :-(
No standard, other than a man's own judgment, can be used to measure the greatness of a cigar; to each his own, own opinion and own cigar.-Mark Twain

Ken Kelley

QuoteChristopher62 - 12/8/2008  11:25 AM

You'll put your eye out kid!

(Couldn't resist...)

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

jmagg

Whew,,, finally found some Ronson Jetlite lighters.  Went ahead and bought the 2 that were in stock to back up my Colibri.  But now that I used one, the Coilbri may become the backup to the backup.  Thanks for recomendations on the Ronson.  I bought 2 Ronsons for less $$$ than the cheap Colibri Firebird I have.  Thanks again guys!
No standard, other than a man's own judgment, can be used to measure the greatness of a cigar; to each his own, own opinion and own cigar.-Mark Twain

Duker511

You wont be sorry. Dont worry about all the fancy triple refined butane, my Ronson has ran fine for almost two years with the 99 cent Ronson fuel from the drugstore.
Tim

shawneous

I think my fancy triple-flame lighter is clogged, how do I purge it?

jmagg

Get something like a small allen wrench or paperclip, and press down on the fill valve.  when you can't hear any hiss the lighter is purged.

BlackIrish

Quotejmagg - 12/29/2008  3:22 PM

Whew,,, finally found some Ronson Jetlite lighters.  Went ahead and bought the 2 that were in stock to back up my Colibri.  But now that I used one, the Coilbri may become the backup to the backup.  Thanks for recomendations on the Ronson.  I bought 2 Ronsons for less $$$ than the cheap Colibri Firebird I have.  Thanks again guys!

I've been trying to find some Jetlites.  Anyone have any good sources?
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

BlackIrish

Quoteshawneous - 11/30/2008  8:56 PM

My local cigar shop has the large Perdomo table lighter and that is super nice to light with

My local cigar lounge has one too -- a souvenir from hosting a Perdomo event -- and it's great to use.  I'm glad I don't have to keep the thing fueled, though.  Sucks gas like a 69 Coupe de Ville.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

jmagg

I bought mine at CVS. They were behind the counter with the smokes. They were around $4.50 a piece.

05Venturer

Wondering if Ken is still firing up the Forge?
Thought we may need to find out  :confused:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Jackal

According to King Cobra in his famous video. A Zippo is the perfect lighter for your Churchill Roberto.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

05Venturer

QuoteJackal - 9/10/2016  8:24 PM

According to King Cobra in his famous video. A Zippo is the perfect lighter for your Churchill Roberto.

:bigthumbs:  :lmao:
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Dave S.

QuoteKen Kelley - 12/8/2008  10:59 AM

The best cigar lighter I've found, especially for the larger ring gauges, is a piece of red hot steel I've just taken from the forge.  All you have to do is get it a half inch or so from the end the cigar and it very quickly lights evenly all over.  Admittedly, it's not a very convenient method unless the forge is already fired up, but it works great!

K

Just got off Amazon.com.

My new forge should arrive in a couple of days.

I can hardly wait.

PS  Anybody got a forklift?

"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

05Venturer

QuoteDave S. - 9/11/2016  9:59 AM

K

Just got off Amazon.com.

I can hardly wait.

^^^^^^^^^ This is enabling at its finest LMAO  :-0
Kent

Cfickter

Quote05Venturer - 9/11/2016 11:57 AM
QuoteDave S. - 9/11/2016 9:59 AM
QuoteKen Kelley - 12/8/2008 10:59 AM The best cigar lighter I've found, especially for the larger ring gauges, is a piece of red hot steel I've just taken from the forge. All you have to do is get it a half inch or so from the end the cigar and it very quickly lights evenly all over. Admittedly, it's not a very convenient method unless the forge is already fired up, but it works great! K
Just got off Amazon.com. My new forge should arrive in a couple of days. I can hardly wait. PS Anybody got a forklift?
^^^^^^^^^ This is enabling at its finest LMAO :-0

:lmao:

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

DonM

QuoteDave S. - 9/11/2016  1:59 PM

K

Just got off Amazon.com.

I can hardly wait.

LMAO!

"The Curmudgeon"

Camshaft83

QuoteDave S. - 9/11/2016  8:59 AM

K

Just got off Amazon.com.

I can hardly wait.

This lighter is only 45 lbs. I think its a good price for a lighter of that size and quality. Might even fit in the tabletop lighter category    :confused: :biggrin:
https://www.amazon.com/NC-Whisper-Momma-Open-End/dp/B000O74MOY/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1473749640&sr=8-11&keywords=forge

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.