Don Q

Started by mpurtle01, 11/08/2012 09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpurtle01

Well my on post class VI (liquor store) here in Germany got a little stock of something new we haven't had before, and I've never had.  A Puerto Rican original.  Picked one of these up for the long 4 day weekend!   :cool:  Also never had rum with my smokes.

CrazyK

Looks very fancy! Never seen that one before, but I really enjoy good rum with a cigar. Enjoy!!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

akira

Snazzy!  Never seen that one before, but I hope it drinks as well as it looks.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

mpurtle01

Oh, it is very nice!

NES Tek

Looks pretty fancy! :-)

Let us know how it is.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

ab4ka

I'm not usually a rum drinker but I'd try that.  Nice!
a genuine cigar smoking bourbon drinking Florida cracker

Longhorn

Very nice - you'll have to post which cigar you matched with it...   :cigarman:

mpurtle01

Actually, drinking it now with a Liga Privada T52 Robusto...  this stuff is very nice and smooth...  much like the cigar, but they go together well.

pferg

i normally pair rum with my monte 4's or other cuban cigars. Just a thought if u have any cubans.

mpurtle01

I have one, and here in Germany have access to just about any of them.   Just not really sure they are much better than what we have access to stateside.  This drink is definitely nothing I would mix with anything other than ice or a little water.  yum!

mpurtle01

Anybody ever get a taste of fire burned marshmallows in a cigar?  I'm getting that out of this T52...  not sure if it's the mix with the rum or what, but very unique.  Delicious I'd say.

BXgreenhorn

:drool:  :drool: I love Don Q enjoy.

sjn1117

ive never seen that before. beautiful presentation though. sounds like its as good as it looks. pour me one!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

87North

Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

1sgjeffward

Is VERY good rum! CSM buddy of mine got a bottle as a retirement gift and we cracked it and downed a few. And yes the sugars and spices in drinks can enhance and blend with a lot of your cigar's flavors to make some very tasty combos.

Not just a matter of better (many of them are better though) but different try pairing the Don Q with just about any of the Monte's or a Vegas Robaina Clasicos
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

chief791

I think you made a wise choice Matt. I recently toured the Don Lucas cigar factory in the Dominican Republic. After the tour we sat down with our guide and enjoyed a nice 15 year old rum with the cigars he gave us. Rum and Gars go very well together.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

mpurtle01

I gotta say, the Don Q Gran Anejo is amazing!  If you have not tried it yet with some nice cigars you have GOT to give it a shot...  at least once.  If you try it and you don't like it....  I will mail you a dog rocket!   :biggrin:  I'm just sayin.  It's really that good!

Alexace

This sure make me envy now
J'fume des barreau de chaise a 60 piace la puff
-Leloup

ntanner

worth a try. thanx for the recomendation.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Hot Stuff x

I bought a bottle of that too, from the Class VI here in Korea.  Nice that they have an upper shelf rum available now.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

tvolball

I have never had liquor with a cigar. I look forward to trying some
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

toby2

I have a lodge brother from there and that's his drink. he says they clear drains with Bacardi. 

1sgjeffward

QuoteHot Stuff x - 12/15/2012  7:01 PM

I bought a bottle of that too, from the Class VI here in Korea.  Nice that they have an upper shelf rum available now.

Looks like I may have to stop by the Class VI on Carson along the way to the cabin for new years!
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Brlesq

Looks great!  Rum is one of my three favorite alcoholic pairings with cigars (bourbon and scotch being the other two).
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.