Has It Been That Long?

Started by 87North, 11/09/2012 12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

87North

So it seems that I'm coming up on my 3 year anniversary as a member in dubious standing of CigarGeeks.com.  Since that appears to be the case, I'll be hosting a contest which is rather simple and the instructions are:

This contest is based on the number of cigars in my virtual humidor.  The method by which you can win this contest is to hazard a guess as to the total number of cigars in my humidor at the date and time of my registration as a cigar geek which is November 28, at 09:30 CST.  In classic Price-is-Right style, the member guessing the closest to the actual number of cigars shown in my virtual humidor, at that date and time,without going over will win a prize that I will provide at the time of prize providing.  There may be only one guess per geek, and in the event of multiple guesses, the final entry will be used.  All entries must be made before the date and time specified.

Thank you all for 3 great years, and may the best geek win.
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

1sgjeffward

Congrats! Does that officially make you a FOG :biggrin:

67 when you joined.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Robert LG

Thanks for the contest Wes.  I know that you are somewhat conservative however you spend a lot of time here soooooo I'm gonna go with 833.
Rob

mpurtle01

Hmm...   really no idea!  950 is my guess.

Longhorn

My guess is 1128. Good idea for a contest!

lubrix

My guess is will be 720.Thanks for the contest!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

DonM

Thanks for the contest!

"The Curmudgeon"

Vroomp

Since you mentioned hoarding a sizable stash in a humidor thread once, I will say 1,163...... Thanks for the contest!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

sjn1117

congrats man! ill go with an even 1000.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

pferg

thank for the contest.

Im gonna guess 1,265

elmokfo

Wow, congrats and great contest idea, I'm going to go with 984

Bob Cordell

Congrats!

900, is that what I'm supposed to do?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

lowpro75

Wow, that's a long time to be here wasting time.  I'm going with 54.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

MT21

Congrats on 3 years Wes.  I'll guess 425.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

NES Tek

:biggrin:

Congrats on a long tenure of "CG Time Management"!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

nirab

What a weird and wonderful contest! Since I have no idea as to when your obsession started, I am gonna come up with a random number like, oh, say...127.  :?:  :confused:  :goodluck:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

BXgreenhorn

I'll say 777. Congrats on the Three years  :cheers:

freakydeakydutchman

well im gonna apply some math here 365X3=1095.. thats my number 1095. one cigar for every day for 3 years...
and congrats.
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

Beegerply

Wes I would say right around 236 smokes when you joined :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

akira

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

cmmayo

Thanks for the contest!

My guess is 225.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

junglepete

Thanks for the contest...very nice of you to share  :biggrin:

I'll guess....365
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Ken Kelley

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

87North

Quotenirab - 11/9/2012  9:08 AM

What a weird and wonderful contest! Since I have no idea as to when your obsession started, I am gonna come up with a random number like, oh, say...127.  :?:  :confused:  :goodluck:

Brian... Just to fill you in as to when my obsession started, it began 25 days prior to my joining here. Before that, it was just an occasional indulgence.
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Ken Kelley

Quote87North - 11/10/2012  12:19 AM

Quotenirab - 11/9/2012  9:08 AM

Brian... Just to fill you in as to when my obsession started, it began 25 days prior to my joining here. Before that, it was just an occasional indulgence.

Eh? Guess I better go back and rethink my original guess. Would have made a difference had I known this beforehand. So can we edit our first guess now that this has come out?
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.