Another day's theme smoking

Started by FNA, 11/13/2012 09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FNA

One of the advantages of having a varied collection/selection and of being a fairly heavy smoker is that it allows 'theme' days.  I've mentioned before that I like to smoke US made (or themed such as CAO America) on US holidays like July 4th or red and green cigars at Christmas, flowers on a spring day - La Flor _____ - and so on.

This latest theme was serendipitous.   I start yesterday off with a Puros Indios pyramid.  Halfway through my second of the day, a Hyde Park, I notice off-handedly that both Puros Indios and Macanudo have green bands. .  Then, what comes in the mail but a fiver of the new Nicarao Clasico Anno VI - with a two-tone green band.  Certainly worth the $1.40 I paid.   There's an idea, so the search is on.  As I'm seeking other green bands, my eye was caught (believe it or not through the plexi of a TCC barrel humidor) by the fine dark green band of the Torano 1916 Cameroon.  These are very nice cigars.  Finally I hemmed and hawed about smoking one more and in one of the robusto boxes i spotted an Oliva Master Blends 3 which has a splash of bright green on the band.  What could I do?

Can't decide what to smoke?  Pick a theme and follow it.  Try red, it'll be easy.

mike46

This is a true "green" story.  When I was in high school 50 years ago, wearing anything green on a Thursday was an invitation to having your balls squeezed by the school bullies.  I noticed that some guys always seemed to wear green on Thursdays, could never figure that out .... ha!

FNA

"invitation to having your balls squeezed by the school bullies"

I've heard about the relatively recent phenomenom known as 'tapping'.

When I was in school, guys pretty much avoided squeezing, purposely hitting or otherwise getting involved with other guys' balls.  Why would you do that to another guy? (In light of internet sensitivity, let me say I don't mean you.)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.