Im new with a simple question

Started by Alexace, 12/06/2012 10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hapcigar

:welcome: to CG from NJ via Milan.

I personally love a good cup of coffee or tea with my smoke.  My group of cigar brothers tend to enjoy single malt scotch.   One W. Churchill was known to enjoy Armenian Brandy.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Vroomp

:welcome:From Atlanta Alex.  I too enjoy a fruit juice(usually Grapefruit) and Vodka with an evening cigar but, during the day I drink nothing with most smokes. Dr Pepper seems to go well with a lot of cigars for some strange reason..........
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

CigarManWV

Welcome from hillbilly country, friend!  

I personally enjoy a variety of drinks with my cigars. Right now I'm smoking a Rocky Patel Nicaraguan Reserve with some pink lemonade energy drink from RealTree. I usually have Coca Cola or another type of soda around. I also always keep water, even if I have another drink. Two reasons: I'm case I start choking on something and in case a stray spark were to catch something on fire. I have yet to bring alcohol into the drink mix. I looove coffee with cigars, especially with the Sumatra wrapper.

SenorPablo

Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

gitfiddl

QuoteAlphairon - 12/6/2012  1:49 PM

Quotelowpro75 - 12/6/2012  1:45 PM

I find if you drink a bottle of scotch it doesn't really matter which cigar you smoke.

If you do that too much you might experience problems with your protonate...

Where's that durn "Turn your head and cough" emoticon?   :confused:

I'm weird in that it really doesn't make much difference to me as far as liquors (straight or mixed) and beers go.  If I like them without a cigar, I generally like them with one. and vice versa.  Wines, on the other hand, are a different matter.  I can drink a lighter bodied white or rose wine with a cigar, but a hearty Cabernets, Merlots, and fuller bodied whites don't work so well for me.  As for non-alcoholic beverages, just about anything goes there as well, with the exception of Dr. Pepper with a peppery cigar.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Ken Kelley

Quotegitfiddl - 12/6/2012  6:28 PM

Quotelowpro75 - 12/6/2012  1:45 PM

I find if you drink a bottle of scotch it doesn't really matter which cigar you smoke.

Where's that durn "Turn your head and cough" emoticon?   :confused:

I'm weird in that it really doesn't make much difference to me as far as liquors (straight or mixed) and beers go.  If I like them without a cigar, I generally like them with one. and vice versa.  Wines, on the other hand, are a different matter.  I can drink a lighter bodied white or rose wine with a cigar, but a hearty Cabernet or Merlot, or even a fuller bodied

Were you drinking some of that hearty Merlot and forgot to finish your sentence? You sort of let that thought hang out there all by itself.  :biggrin:

Now I know this thread is on alkyhaul but as I was smoking my first 601 White today I was thinking how good it would go with a cup of medium bodied tea with a little sweetener in it or a cup of coffee with cream. I think either of those beverages would complement the creamy, sweet hay taste of that very good stick.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

1sgjeffward

QuoteJackal - 12/6/2012  9:50 AM

The same goes with coffee.  Many enjoy pairing coffee and cigars.  I think that the coffee covers up too many of the subtle notes of the cigar.

First welcome from Northern Colorado! I have to disagree! You just have to have the right blend with the right cigar is just like pairing with alcohol.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

87North

QuoteBrlesq - 12/6/2012  6:35 PM

Glad you joined us!  :cheers:

Bruce is pretty easy to please though...  :shades:

Welcome to the site from a Texan...  :biggrin:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Phi871

Longhorn

QuoteJackal - 12/6/2012  12:04 PM

Quotemike46 - 12/6/2012  8:56 AM

I'm certainly no expert on cigars or alcoholic beverages, so all I can suggest is to tackle one part of the puzzle at a time to start, probably cigars first since you'be probably experienced your share of drinking already.  For myself, although I enjoy a drink with a smoke, I don't find it necessary nor do I find it even adds to the smoking experience.

:goodluck:  :goodluck:

If you are not an experienced cigar smoker, make sure to drink something, even if it it just water.  It will help to keep you from getting dizzy or sick.

Cigar smoking can cause blood sugar changes and dehydration effects.  The nicotine can build up in your mouth to very high levels, water can help to wash this away, a slightly acidic drink even more so (it protonates the nicotine, slowing its absorption into your blood stream).

Science, it works bytches.   :biggrin:

toby2

QuoteAlphairon - 12/6/2012  6:35 PM  
Quotegitfiddl - 12/6/2012  6:28 PM  
Quotelowpro75 - 12/6/2012  1:45 PM  I find if you drink a bottle of scotch it doesn't really matter which cigar you smoke.
Where's that durn "Turn your head and cough" emoticon?   :confused:   I'm weird in that it really doesn't make much difference to me as far as liquors (straight or mixed) and beers go.  If I like them without a cigar, I generally like them with one. and vice versa.  Wines, on the other hand, are a different matter.  I can drink a lighter bodied white or rose wine with a cigar, but a hearty Cabernet or Merlot, or even a fuller bodied
Were you drinking some of that hearty Merlot and forgot to finish your sentence? You sort of let that thought hang out there all by itself.  :biggrin:    Now I know this thread is on alkyhaul but as I was smoking my first 601 White today I was thinking how good it would go with a cup of medium bodied tea with a little sweetener in it or a cup of coffee with cream. I think either of those beverages would complement the creamy, sweet hay taste of that very good stick.

I thought I said tea or water? of course I've been drinkin doc

CigarStix

:dancing: Welcome!! :dancing:

I enjoy a good cup of creamy coffee or a nice Port wine with my stix.

Have fun experimenting!

:cigarman:
"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."  . . . Mark Twain

Brad Bortz, Owner
Cigar Stix
Specializing in Premium Boutique Cigars
www.CigarStix.com
TWITTER: @CigarStix
FACEBOOK: CigarStix

metalhead y cigarguy

Welcome to Cigar Geeks. We're glad to have you.

As for drink and cigar pairings, the best thing to do is to just start sampling. With everyone's palate being different, what I find enjoyable you may not, so just start sampling. It's helpful to take notes along the way, so you remember what you liked or disliked, if that's even possible.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Alexace

damn i love it, you guys are awsome, so many response, this forum sure isnt dead! thanks a lot and i can't wait to try tomorrow night a La Duena Belicoso with a glass of crown see how it all goes down
J'fume des barreau de chaise a 60 piace la puff
-Leloup

Ken Kelley

QuoteAlexace - 12/7/2012  6:35 PM

damn i love it, you guys are awsome, so many response, this forum sure isnt dead! thanks a lot and i can't wait to try tomorrow night a La Duena Belicoso with a glass of crown see how it all goes down

I'm glad you enjoyed your introduction to the Geeks, Alex! 

Now that you're all settled in and comfy we really need to start working on your spelling....

knowing wich alcool goes with wich cogar

If you don't mind me pointing out such an elementary grammatical rule I'm sure you will agree that "cogar", being a proper noun and the supposed object of the phrase, subordinate to the modifier, "wich", must be spelled with a capital "C".  :biggrin:

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

ntanner

Welcome, and enjoy the site. lot's of good info.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Alexace

I am french, doing my best here to make my words understandable ^^all that mathers is that we have a common passion --- Cigar
J'fume des barreau de chaise a 60 piace la puff
-Leloup

ROTHNH

Alo, Alex, c'est un grand plaisir de vous avoir avec nous! :)

cmmayo

QuoteAlexace - 12/6/2012  10:29 AM

Hi i am alex i just got myself a nice humidor with 3 cigar the vendor said were good. I am pretty excited of gaining knowledge in cigar and obviously smoking many more. But my simple question is : is there a good website or app for iphone that guide you well into knowing wich alcool goes with wich cogar. Thank you

Welcome, Alex. Great way to introduce yourself. Old f***s like us always fall for a chance to give someone advice, and I am no different...

Every great cigar is even better with Scotch. And even betterer with two glasses of Scotch.

--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

mpurtle01

I like my cigars with just about any drink so far.  Scotch is great!  But I must say, pairing it with a real havana type rum, Don Q Anejo is an amazing example, really brings out new flavors in the cigars.  A really delicious sweetness.  If you haven't at least tried, give it a shot.  And I'm not talking any Captain Morgan.

chief791

:welcome:Alex. First thing i would suggest is that you kiss that "Rainy day money" good bye. LOL. What you smoke and what you drink is a personal choice. there is no right or wrong answer to that question. You will have to give it time and experiment. A lot of smokers love to pair thier smoke with Scotch. I am not a big whiskey drinker and i hate scotch, so that does not work for me. I love a really good tequila on the rocks with my cigars and most guys frown on that choice. But it is what i like (Depending on the smoke). I also love coffee or ginger ale with my cigars. The point being that there are endless combos and you will have to figure this one out yourself.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

CigarStix

Quotechief791 - 12/10/2012  9:47 AM  :welcome:Alex. First thing i would suggest is that you kiss that "Rainy day money" good bye.

:lmao: :lmao:

Soooooo right you are!

"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."  . . . Mark Twain

Brad Bortz, Owner
Cigar Stix
Specializing in Premium Boutique Cigars
www.CigarStix.com
TWITTER: @CigarStix
FACEBOOK: CigarStix

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.