Its time

Started by Aequitas86, 09/22/2008 01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aequitas86

I need another humidor. Mine is packed full of delicious smokes and more are on the way. I kind of see this as a point of pride.

:dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:

However, I do not know what to get. I have been browsing CI's humidors. Anyone have any recommendations or any experience with any of CI's humis?

The good, bad, or ugly....I am a comparison shopper...
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

Bob Cordell

I'm using one of those mini wine coolers for my reserves, it works great with little care and attention.
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

podman28

I would take a look on C-Bid. I bought one there that has served me nicely even though I have outgrown that one as well. :confused:

SenorPablo

I love mine from Tampa Humidor.  Great quality.
http://www.tampahumidor.com/

I also have a cheap 12 bottle wine cooler I bought off ebay as a store return.  I have never plugged it in and it works like a champ.

I know people that saved a ton on eBay but do you research.  Theres a lot of junk humidors that look and sound good.  I think there's an article out on ebay that talks about how to find a good one.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

qman22

I know CAO isn't known for their humidors, but they are very well made.  I use one and my brother uses one he got off cbid for $60.  They aren't traditionally styled, but I kinda like that.
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

JKG

Quoteqman22 - 9/22/2008  9:13 PM

I know CAO isn't known for their humidors, but they are very well made.  I use one and my brother uses one he got off cbid for $60.  They aren't traditionally styled, but I kinda like that.

Nothing about CAO is conventional which may be why I like their cigars.  The VR Moby is one of my favorites.

Duker511

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

Try these guys, they have a decent selection, plus they sometimes have good deals on good humis. They also have humitity beads that you can buy right there. Ive bought two from their scrach and dent selection, both have worked great for the last couple years.
Tim

bslatner

QuoteDuker511 - 9/23/2008  5:48 PMhttp://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT  Try these guys, they have a decent selection, plus they sometimes have good deals on good humis. They also have humitity beads that you can buy right there. Ive bought two from their scrach and dent selection, both have worked great for the last couple years.

I concur. My last two humidors have been from CheapHumidors.com and I couldn't be happier.

Be sure to check out their "imperfects" section. You can find some with scratches in the finish for really nice discounts.

JKG

I've bought 4 humidors from cheaphumidors.com and in my humble opinion, they have very good quality at reasonable prices. No complaints at all, they ship quickly and they all arrived as advertised and in one piece.  Occasionally they email discount codes for future purchases.

Duker511

Like Brian said, dont be afraid of the imperfects, they are only cosmetic issues, not a flaw in craftsmanship. Both of mine are imperfects and both work fine. With my 300 count, I cant even find anything wrong. The other one looks like maybe someone was opening the box they came in and scratched along the back. I colored it in with a brown Sharpy, now it blends in with the grain of the wood. The 300 count was $225, I got it for $125. The 150 count I have was $75, I got it for $45. :biggrin:
Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.