Started by 1sgjeffward, 12/15/2012 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1sgjeffward

Just got in my shipment of:

Creole Coffee & Chicory
Creole Christmas Blend
Royal Street Blend
Ethiopian Harrar

All left overs from my 4 years spent living in Louisiana! This time of year I'm always so thankful for the many wonderful years I spent in the Army being able to run around the world and find some of these simpler pleasures in life  :dancing:

Pairing my first cup of Creole & Chicory with a E.P. Carrillo New Wave Connecticut Brillantes. The strength of the coffee pairs perfect with the lighter flavors of the Connecticut without overpowering it!
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

toby2

Quote1sgjeffward - 12/15/2012  12:51 PM  Just got in my shipment of:   Creole Coffee & Chicory Creole Christmas Blend Royal Street Blend Ethiopian Harrar  All left overs from my 4 years spent living in Louisiana! This time of year I'm always so thankful for the many wonderful years I spent in the Army being able to run around the world and find some of these simpler pleasures in life  :dancing:   Pairing my first cup of Creole & Chicory with a E.P. Carrillo New Wave Connecticut Brillantes. The strength of the coffee pairs perfect with the lighter flavors of the Connecticut without overpowering it!

yup as long as its black.

tvolball

I have found I like black coffee with smoke also....good choice
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

CrazyK

CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

nwb

Those sound great - I need to place an order from the source you gave me.

As a side note, it isn't great coffee, but Racetrac gas stations are offering free coffee from 12/16 to 12/22.
Chief of Shaft

BXgreenhorn

I still haven't had coffee with a cigar. On the "to do list"

1sgjeffward

QuoteBXgreenhorn - 12/17/2012  8:11 PM

Just remember coffee can be like cigars in many ways and you get what you pay for. I tend to pair lighter with heavy so like a nice dark Creole & Chicory with a med bodied smoke (mixes very well with Cameroons) and vice versa
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

87North

Quote1sgjeffward - 12/17/2012  9:31 PM

QuoteBXgreenhorn - 12/17/2012  8:11 PM

Just remember coffee can be like cigars in many ways and you get what you pay for. I tend to pair lighter with heavy so like a nice dark Creole & Chicory with a med bodied smoke (mixes very well with Cameroons) and vice versa

Cameroon and Coffee... a sublime pairing.  I love a good chicory blend, but at the moment just sitting here sipping a cup of Community dark roast.
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Greenfairypipe

Coffee and gars......mmmmmm.  Sippin an espresso and smoking an el triunfador lonsdale as we speak :dancing:

wolfeman
Wolfeman

"After the first glass of absinthe you see things as you wish they were. After the second you see them as they are not. Finally you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world."
- Oscar Wilde

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.