Happy Newbie Year Pass!

Started by Brlesq, 12/24/2012 09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

QuoteBXgreenhorn - 12/25/2012  9:48 PM
Quotebilly82 - 12/25/2012  8:50 PM
Quote87North - 12/25/2012  6:06 PM
Quotebmac7754 - 12/25/2012  5:01 PM

QuoteOtter - 12/25/2012  5:30 PM  I am almost there...

You can do it!!!

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
:lmao:
DesiSmileys.com

And he made it.  Otter is in!  You were busy!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Otter

Thanks! This will be my first ever, hopefully I don't blow it! (thats not what she said)...
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Smurf

Thanks for having me in this pass
orbis non sufficit

chief791

I would love to get in if you will have me. This would be my 3rd pass.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

Brlesq

Quotechief791 - 12/27/2012  7:44 PM

I would love to get in if you will have me. This would be my 3rd pass.

Kenny, we would love to have you join us!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

chief791

QuoteBrlesq - 12/27/2012  8:40 PM  
Quotechief791 - 12/27/2012  7:44 PM  I would love to get in if you will have me. This would be my 3rd pass.
Kenny, we would love to have you join us!

Thanks Bruce. I'm looking forward to it.

"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

Greenfairypipe

this is going to be fun  :?:  :cheer:
Wolfeman

"After the first glass of absinthe you see things as you wish they were. After the second you see them as they are not. Finally you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world."
- Oscar Wilde

cigarzinn

Excited about the pass...when are we starting?

cibolodave

If I can hit 50, I would love to be in

Brlesq

Quotecibolodave - 12/30/2012  4:04 AM

If I can hit 50, I would love to be in

While we would love to have you, the criteria for "Regular" status is 50 posts + 30 days, but these Newbie passes pop up 3-4 times a year, so put in your time as an active member and get in on the next one.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Brlesq

Quotecigarzinn - 12/29/2012  10:54 PM

Excited about the pass...when are we starting?

I closed the Pass on Friday and will be seeding the cigar list today.

Looks like we have a great group here!  I will be setting the order of the Pass up this weekend.  If there anyone that anticipates being unavailable during January or February, let me know by PM so I can try to put you in a Pass order that misses your problem week/time. (I can always adjust the order of the Pass later on as well if unanticipated needs arise while we are mid-pass. . . just let me know.)

My goal is to get this started on January 2.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Brlesq

Gentlemen, the Pass has begun!  The cigar inventory has been seeded and the order of the Pass set.  I have transitioned it to Smurf. You can monitor all of these details by clicking on the link at the Pass at the beginning of this thread.

Remember, the cigars in this pass will have a 3.5 star (or better) rating and have strength of medium, medium-full or full. No mild cigars or dog-rockets welcome here! Value of cigars will be between $3 and $18 dollars. Rating: An average of 3.5 stars or better AND reviewed by at least 2 members (this eliminates reviews of 5 stars on one person's personal taste.) Caveat: If the cigar is unrated but its sister cigar of the same blend but different size has average 3.5 stars or better, its fair game. There may be other unforeseen exceptions, and all questions on ratings should be made to the moderator for final determination.

In addition to the Pass Etiquette Article (found here: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=37), here are some additional guidelines:

The value of a cigar is not what you stole it for on CBid or another super sale.  Try to get all the values from a single source (like CI or Famous.) Value is typically determined by single, 5 pack or box price.  Try to be consistent. (single price vs. single price, box price vs. box price, etc.) If you are unsure about the value of your puts and takes, there is no shame in sending a PM the moderator or another FOG.  It's a Newbie Pass, many of you are here to learn the ropes. Better to err on the side of caution.

When you are ready to transition the pass, please check with the next guy in line if he is ready to receive.  This is usually done in the forum so that everyone knows the status.  It's better to hold the pass a few extra days than to speed it off and have it sit on somebody's porch for a week.  Or, if the delay looks like it might be too long, let me know and I can change the pass order on the spot.

There is a water pillow in the pass to help with humidity.  Please keep the cigars in plastic bags and separated from the pillow (these have been known to freeze, leak, etc. in the past and have damaged cigars in the process.)  The humidity will be fine if it is in the box by itself.  

And Happy Newbie Year to all!!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Darrel_h

Woo-Hoo!!! Thanks Bruce for putting this together. I'm excited to see how this goes. Time to start figuring out what I can let go of from my humidor.
~"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Smurf

Takes and puts are  done will get this out in the mail Wednesday ( if the post office is open) if not 1st thing Thursday morning!
orbis non sufficit

Steve Honea

Thanks for having me as well, Can not wait to get it and see what is in it
Steve Honea

cigarzinn

Woohoo!  Some nice sticks in there!

tvolball

Ken Kelley

Bruce, you've done a good deed here! I love to see the new people having fun! Almost like a big basket of puppies!   :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

tvolball

QuoteAlphairon - 1/2/2013  4:37 PM

Bruce, you've done a good deed here! I love to see the new people having fun! Almost like a big basket of puppies!   :biggrin:

tail wagging and tongue hanging out here

Brlesq

As long as none of them have an accident and tinkle in the basket holding the Box Pass!  :biggrin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Vroomp

Sorry to see Sleeveplz (Tony) didn't make it. He has excellent taste in cigars.......
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Ken Kelley

QuoteBrlesq - 1/2/2013  4:58 PM

As long as none of them have an accident and tinkle in the basket holding the Box Pass!  :biggrin:

Whack them with the newspaper...better yet, just let them do their tinkling on the newspaper if it's the New York Slimes.  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Smurf

heads up Bruce package is on it's way back to you!
orbis non sufficit

Greenfairypipe

Are we supposed to send it back to bruce after each individual? :?:  :confused:
Wolfeman

"After the first glass of absinthe you see things as you wish they were. After the second you see them as they are not. Finally you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world."
- Oscar Wilde

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.