"A fine cigar is like a fine woman. They come in all shapes and sizes. Treat them tenderly and lovingly. Caress their skin, admire their beauty, fondle them with reverence. Bring them slowly to your lips, enjoy their flavor, their aroma. Contemplate their essence, their dependability, and forgive them their weaknesses - if there be any. Revel in the rituals, their simplicity and their enduring meanings. Do these things, my son, and the blessings of life shall always be upon you." -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Main Menu

Exclusive Cigar Tubes

Started by cigarcigan, 12/27/2012 04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vroomp

With a large shaper it would be easy to replicate these with only a couple passes through the band saw and shaper. A quick spin on a weenie roller into a sander after gluing the two haves back together and voila! It's not profitable to turn these out of a single block and most don't appear to be. My guess is they are veneers overlaying an aluminum tube..........

Can you show us a picture of the interior Cigarcigan?
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Ken Kelley

Quotejunglepete - 12/27/2012  8:17 PM

QuoteAlphairon - 12/27/2012  4:52 PM

Quotecigarcigan - 12/27/2012  3:26 PM

I am aware that not everyone needs such cigar tube, but I suppose our prices are still reasonable for custom handmade product. I am very glad that you like them, thank you :) unfortunately, cannot sell them for 20 bucks, sorry

Website is www.doutnikovapouzdra.cz, I'm working on english translation, but your browser translator plugin should translate it correctly for now.

Just looking at the examples you've provided in your posts here I can see your material costs alone for each tube most likely exceed $20 per copy! I don't think a lot of people realize how much the raw materials cost for finely made objects. Not everything is made in China you know!

Hey Don, remind me not to pick you for my negotiating team  :shy:

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket! Don, you rascal!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

nwb

Quotejunglepete - 12/27/2012  8:17 PM

QuoteAlphairon - 12/27/2012  4:52 PM

Quotecigarcigan - 12/27/2012  3:26 PM

I am aware that not everyone needs such cigar tube, but I suppose our prices are still reasonable for custom handmade product. I am very glad that you like them, thank you :) unfortunately, cannot sell them for 20 bucks, sorry

Website is www.doutnikovapouzdra.cz, I'm working on english translation, but your browser translator plugin should translate it correctly for now.

Just looking at the examples you've provided in your posts here I can see your material costs alone for each tube most likely exceed $20 per copy! I don't think a lot of people realize how much the raw materials cost for finely made objects. Not everything is made in China you know!

Hey Don, remind me not to pick you for my negotiating team  :shy:

I think you meant Ken, but I'm  :lmao: just the same.
Chief of Shaft

junglepete

Oh yeah..I meant KEN  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Hapcigar

Would be interested in a group order.  Would be interested in a Churchill size (180 mm X 20 mm).
XX
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

ntanner

if you guy's do a group oder id like to get in on it.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Hapcigar

So if we do a group order certain details  will need to be agreed on.

Size: The 20 mm X 170 mm seems to be a no go.  A Churchill size would be 20 mm X 180 mm.  A Double Toro would be 24mm X 150 mm.  What size would be agreeable?

Style:  A plain style would run about $40 hopefully cheaper if 50 were purchased.  A custom runs $75 hopefully cheaper if 50 were purchased.  So what would be preferred?  Would the custom just have a CG logo or individual initials?

Finally the big question :  Can we get 50 geeks to agree on something?   Hopefully cigarcigan can offer some suggestions and price structure?
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

cigarcigan

QuoteVroomp - 12/27/2012  2:45 PM

Those only fit up to 48 ring gauge !!!!!!

The question was.... what about a group discount?  How much for 50 standard tubes with initials?

That is correct. For bigger diameter I have to create a prototype as this size was always enough or too big (people smoke smaller cigars in EU I guess :-) )

QuoteAlphairon - 12/27/2012  3:52 PM

yes sir ;-)

Quotepferg - 12/27/2012  6:29 PM

those look really nice. a little pricy but the workmanship for these look amazing. Im wondering how much one that fits a 6x60 cigar would cost?

will have to create one first to tell you the price estimate, I suppose $80-85, but can be less

QuoteVroomp - 12/27/2012  7:27 PM

With a large shaper it would be easy to replicate these with only a couple passes through the band saw and shaper. A quick spin on a weenie roller into a sander after gluing the two haves back together and voila! It's not profitable to turn these out of a single block and most don't appear to be. My guess is they are veneers overlaying an aluminum tube..........

Can you show us a picture of the interior Cigarcigan?

They are all wooden. It can also be made on lathe, but to my experience such cigar tube is not as solid as it should be and cracks. And it's heavier.

QuoteHapcigar - 12/27/2012  8:22 PM

Would be interested in a group order.  Would be interested in a Churchill size (180 mm X 20 mm).
XX

Would make it for the same price as 170x20

QuoteHapcigar - 12/27/2012  9:12 PM

So if we do a group order certain details  will need to be agreed on.

Size: The 20 mm X 170 mm seems to be a no go.  A Churchill size would be 20 mm X 180 mm.  A Double Toro would be 24mm X 150 mm.  What size would be agreeable?

Style:  A plain style would run about $40 hopefully cheaper if 50 were purchased.  A custom runs $75 hopefully cheaper if 50 were purchased.  So what would be preferred?  Would the custom just have a CG logo or individual initials?

Finally the big question :  Can we get 50 geeks to agree on something?   Hopefully cigarcigan can offer some suggestions and price structure?

Well, the reason I offerd the group buy was that there would be huge saving on shipping compared to every tube sent individually. Unfortunately, it's not a group by where the price is half, we are not Groupon :-) these are our products, making them still takes the same amount of work and time. But I know that would not be interesting for you, so I would make them for $65 each :-)

Longhorn

Good questions by all.  

I'm making the plunge - from the web site and my interactions via email with these guys, they appear to have a quality and unique item.  

I have a couple of good friends that would appreciate these as a gift if they are as advertised.

I'll post detailed pictures when they arrive.

nwb

QuoteLonghorn - 12/28/2012  12:07 PM
Good questions by all.  

I'm making the plunge - from the web site and my interactions via email with these guys, they appear to have a quality and unique item.  

I have a couple of good friends that would appreciate these as a gift if they are as advertised.

I'll post detailed pictures when they arrive.

Looking forward to it.
Chief of Shaft

Vroomp

Thanks for being the Guinea Pig Brad. :biggrin:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

BXgreenhorn

QuoteVroomp - 12/28/2012  2:52 PM

Thanks for being the Guinea Pig Brad. :biggrin:
:word:

cibolodave

those are very nice. you wont have a hard time finding buyers

cigarcigan

Quotecibolodave - 12/28/2012  2:05 PM

those are very nice. you wont have a hard time finding buyers

thank you  :-)

BigTA

40 bucks for a standard tube dont sound bad, I will try your web site and see if it will translate.
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

BigTA

Quotentanner - 12/27/2012 6:30 PM if you guy's do a group oder id like to get in on it.

X 3 1/2

Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

cigarcigan

QuoteBigTA - 1/7/2013  2:02 PM

40 bucks for a standard tube dont sound bad, I will try your web site and see if it will translate.

now you can switch to english, not much to translate yet though

Longhorn

As I indicated I ordered three of these handmade tubes.  

These guys have been really customer friendly. They have kept me informed of their progress and sent messages for me to make decisions about wood type, inlays, orientation of initials, status of prototypes (I asked for 7" tubes that would accommodate at least a 54 ring gauge), etc.

They sent this picture of their progress.  We're waiting on additional inlay material and the lacquer will take a few weeks to apply and harden.

I've offered to remit a portion of the cost, but so far they have not asked for anything.  So far, so good...

Robert LG

Rob

metalhead y cigarguy

Those are very nice indeed.  :shades:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

ntanner

Cool, thanx for keeping us posted.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

ab4ka

that would make an awesome gift, especially with a good cigar in it.
a genuine cigar smoking bourbon drinking Florida cracker

nwb

Looking good, and I'm looking forward to seeing the end product!
Chief of Shaft

Longhorn

Updated progress on manufacturing of tubes - two of the three with the initial inlays. The brass on the dark wood looks amazing.  They indicated they would be applying the glaze over the next few days. BTW - mine is the BWG, ADC and JDA (not shown with the inlays yet) are for my herfing friends.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.