A new type of pass...Virtually!

Started by jharrisx5, 01/05/2013 07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BXgreenhorn

Just got my sticks, I can't wait to smoke em. Thanks for the pass Jason.

mpurtle01

QuoteBXgreenhorn - 2/21/2013  7:58 PM

mmm... :drool:  you got some nice ones there!

BXgreenhorn

Quotempurtle01 - 2/21/2013  2:05 PM

QuoteBXgreenhorn - 2/21/2013  7:58 PM

mmm... :drool:  you got some nice ones there!

Thanks, now for the hard decision which one will be sacrificed first :dancing:

gitfiddl

Got mine today as well.  Thanks for the extra Toscanos! :biggrin:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Longhorn

My sticks arrived today as well - all safe and sound!  Thanks, Jason!

jharrisx5

Glad they are starting to land!
Puff Puff Give....

Jackal

Sticks arrived today.  Everything looks good. Thanks Jason for running a great pass.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

remyg6

Got mine today. Thanks for the experience Jason.

chief791

The Eagle has landed. Every thing looks fine. Thanks again Jason. I really enjoyed this pass. I will be sure to look for the next one.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

Vroomp

Received my sticks last night in a most unusual way.  Seems the stupid mail carrier delivered my smokes to a home around the corner that has the same address number but, different street name. The homeowner there took it upon himself to use his GPS to find my house and hand delivered my smokes right after dinner. I thanked him kindly and immediately opened the box to smoke one of my favorite vitolas of the Drew Estate Undercrown the Corona Viva! That was some sweet smoke and one fun pass! Thanks again Jason! :dancing:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

jharrisx5

Whew...catastrophe averted thanks to a great neighbor!

Thanks for the updates guys...just a few more to land and I can shut this one down and start thinking about the next one!  It will be a couple of months, most likely and then virtual #2!
Puff Puff Give....

wescat

Got mine last night, AOK. Thanks Jason !!
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

jharrisx5

Hey guys...just bumping to see if any more have arrived.
Puff Puff Give....

keilyoder

My cigars showed up yesterday... Thanks again!

southernpacifico

Got mine too

Thanks for the great pass
Things I believe:
Life is too short not to pull the trigger!
The best cigar, I haven't smoked yet.
Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another Scotch (Beer, Rum, Bourbon..) and Cigar!! The choices are endless......
SMOKE ON BOTLs

wescat

Quotewescat - 2/17/2013  3:41 PM

Quotenwb - 2/17/2013  3:31 PM

Quotewescat - 2/17/2013  2:38 PM
The maximum amount of risk to any one individual also changes. With a conventional pass, the moderator has all of the risk, in the hundreds of dollars.

In a virtual pass, each participant has maybe $40-$80 worth of risk.

My point exactly.  As a pass moderator, I'd rather it be my risk alone.  As a participant, I'd rather have the risk distributed.  Like I said, depends on your point of view.

Just don't want someone joining and thinking "there is no way I'll lose any cigars".

I savvy. I prefer the risk distributed, no matter the type of pass or my role in it. Just my druthers.....

Any way ya slice it, this pass has gone silky smooth, and quick too. Jason has demonstrated how well this concept can work.

Please, all pass participants, make sure you give Jason his due via feedback.

Feedback left. You did a great job on this pass Jason.

I think it would be great if you would document your learnings in the thread, in case others run a Virtual Pass. What worked, what didn't, what you would do differently next time.

The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Longhorn

After participating in this pass and the conventional pass system, I like the virtual system for the speed and efficiency.

As far as risk, and regardless of virtual/conventional pass, the key is to be diligent when accepting participants.

mpurtle01

QuoteLonghorn - 2/24/2013  5:45 PM

After participating in this pass and the conventional pass system, I like the virtual system for the speed and efficiency.

As far as risk, and regardless of virtual/conventional pass, the key is to be diligent when accepting participants.

:bigthumbs: I loved it!

jharrisx5

Well...It looks like all the packages have landed (at lease according to the DC#s...) so I'm going to wrap this thing up.

As far as my opinions as to running this pass, I couldn't be happier with how it went. Each of you pass members were perfect in how you handled your end of the bargain...

I think on my next round, I will try some of the advice mentioned earlier and have each person ship their PUTS when they transition to the next member...it will actually make the pass a little faster, and will mitigate the problems that could happen if a member doesn't follow through with their end of the bargain...All in all, a great experience, and fun experiment!

Thanks guys!
Puff Puff Give....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.