A new type of pass...Virtually!

Started by jharrisx5, 01/05/2013 07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jharrisx5

Thanks guys for the positive criticism and suggestions!

To all who have requested to participate, you have been approved.  I will try to get a list of starter sticks posted today.
Puff Puff Give....

jharrisx5

Ok...I have a list of starter cigars posted.

Regarding Puts and Takes...

I ask that no individual member TAKES more than 6 sticks during their round.  I have a couple of sticks that are a little off the beaten path, and I posted an approximate value for them.  If you disagree with that value, and want to TAKE that stick, please PM me and we'll work something out.  Gentleman's rules apply regarding TAKES and PUTS...If you are new to this, or want a refresher, Jackal illustrated the "Pass Etiquette" much better than I ever could.  That article can be found here:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=37

Regarding the ISOMs that are in the pass...I would prefer that an ISOM be PUT in it's place, however I'm not hard and fast on this rule...IF you have a question, feel free to PM me.

Once we have a good number of participants signed up we'll get this rolling.  Thanks for your interest and assistance!
Puff Puff Give....

Longhorn

jharrisx5

OK guys...Here are photos of the starting cigars...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hopefully a little of something that will interest everyone...
Puff Puff Give....

jharrisx5

LOL...I think I'll do a random generator to make it fair....
Puff Puff Give....

chief791

Jason, do you have a Paypal Account? If so that would be a safe and secure way to send you the shipping cost on the pass.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

jharrisx5

I do, and that can be done as long as it is via the gift option with no mention of cigars...when we are ready to ship as a group I will give my info to any who want that option!
Puff Puff Give....

chief791

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

chief791

What cigar is the one in the 2nd group of pix. All the way on the right end?

Buford T. Justice

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

jharrisx5

Bump...I'd like to get a few more members and then we can let er rip...
Puff Puff Give....

jharrisx5

The most recent requests have been processed...looking for about three or four more and we can get er moving...
Puff Puff Give....

keilyoder

I'd like to join and experience my first pass... if you'll have me

mpurtle01

I'll do the paypal option as well for shipping costs

BXgreenhorn

Quotempurtle01 - 1/9/2013  3:54 PM

X2

jharrisx5

Quotekeilyoder - 1/9/2013  12:14 PM

I'd like to join and experience my first pass... if you'll have me

I will have you!

And PayPal is just fine for the $5.35 shipping (small flat rate w/DC)

When we are ready to ship I will PM my Paypal info to each of you...

When you guys send your sticks to me you can consider using USPS first class mail which should save a couple bucks...a lot of times when I'm shipping 2-8 sticks I use that option if I have a good box. Normally takes about the same amount of time or maybe an extra day...just gotta keep the box under 13oz...
Puff Puff Give....

remyg6

Excited to be a part of this. It'll be my first trade/pass on this forum. I've done quite a few on Reddit.

I was going to ask what an ISOM was, but then I googled it.

I'll also be using the Pay Pal option.

Jackal

I would like to be in this, if you will have me, but will be out of the country for another week.  Let me know if hat would be cool.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

southernpacifico

QuoteBXgreenhorn - 1/9/2013  3:46 PM

Quotempurtle01 - 1/9/2013  3:54 PM

X2

X3
Things I believe:
Life is too short not to pull the trigger!
The best cigar, I haven't smoked yet.
Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another Scotch (Beer, Rum, Bourbon..) and Cigar!! The choices are endless......
SMOKE ON BOTLs

jharrisx5

That is totally fine, Jason...
Puff Puff Give....

billy82

Thanks for the invite jason but i have to pass on this pass right now. Ijust have to much on my plate right now.
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

Foe

I like this idea...the sticks will spend much less time on the road too...anyway, I sent a request to join...it'll be my first...

Longhorn

Jason, do you have enough players?

jharrisx5

yeah...I have 11-12 signed up now.  I had set it for 15 tops, so I will leave it open for this week to give a few more folks time to sign up (and allow Jackal time to get back home) and then I'll randomize everyone and post the order.  Then the fun can start!
Puff Puff Give....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.