Cigar Exchange - New life for Forgotten Smokes

Started by DogMan, 01/08/2013 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

So what's the status?  Are you waiting on people to help seed this?
Chief of Shaft

Vroomp

I couldn't get past all the instructions and,,,,,I only own Thompson Exclusives  :cry:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

DogMan

Quotenwb - 1/15/2013  7:58 PM

So what's the status?  Are you waiting on people to help seed this?

Still would like to go forward, but I got the feeling I was solving a problem no one had. I guess the status is this:

Can we get 8 - 10 geeks to commit to sending 10 - 20 sticks by, say, Feb 10, then I'd love to run with it.

So, any commitments?

Also, if the whole valuation thing is a sticking point, Rich had a good idea of just assinging 1,2,or 3 credits to each cigar. I'd go with that too - it is simpler

if only 2 or 3 want to play, it kind of misses the point.
Loren B Davis

DogMan

QuoteVroomp - 1/15/2013  8:03 PM

I couldn't get past all the instructions and,,,,,I only own Thompson Exclusives  :cry:

I know - sorry

simpler version:

1. send sticks in

2. pick some to get back, of approx equal or lesser value than those you sent in
Loren B Davis

nwb

I'll help get it started.  Shoot me PM with your address and the details to add them to the virtual humidor.
Chief of Shaft

lubrix

Quotenwb - 1/16/2013  9:31 AM

I'll help get it started.  Shoot me PM with your address and the details to add them to the virtual humidor.
Same here,I have to do a clean out soon.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

DogMan

OKAY! - three in so far (DogMan, NWB, Lubrix).  Any More?
Loren B Davis

Foe

QuoteDogMan - 1/16/2013  11:51 AM

Yeah, PM me...

DogMan

QuoteFoe - 1/16/2013  11:55 AM

QuoteDogMan - 1/16/2013  11:51 AM

Yeah, PM me...

Up to Four - any more takers? simplified instructions are here.  The humidor is here (just my puts as of now)

and The Concept is here:

Trade those cigars you won't get around to smoking, have overstocked, should never have bought (DevilSite), or just don't care for anymore - without the hassle of finding a trading partner and setting up a trade. Just send in your sticks to the exchange and get back sticks up the value of those you've sent in. Pay only actual postage.

Loren B Davis

lubrix

Loren - Big box coming your way!. 0312 2120 0000 4182 5890. - Lubrix
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

CrazyK

Some pretty decent smokes in there! If it weren't logistically challenging to ship sticks back and forth across the border, I would be in. I have a bunch that I could send... I might be able to talk myself into this one...
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

nwb

I'll be boxing something up this week to get to you.
Chief of Shaft

DogMan

QuoteCrazyK - 1/22/2013  8:56 AM

Some pretty decent smokes in there! If it weren't logistically challenging to ship sticks back and forth across the border, I would be in. I have a bunch that I could send... I might be able to talk myself into this one...

are we talking the us/canadian border?

last time I shipped something (an ebay sale) to canada it was simple and just a $7 for a small box.

is there something I should know that will be trouble?

Loren B Davis

DogMan

Quotelubrix - 1/22/2013  8:43 AM

Loren - Big box coming your way!. 0312 2120 0000 4182 5890. - Lubrix

I'll keep an eye out and PM when it arrives
Loren B Davis

CrazyK

QuoteDogMan - 1/22/2013  12:29 PM

QuoteCrazyK - 1/22/2013  8:56 AM

are we talking the us/canadian border?

last time I shipped something (an ebay sale) to canada it was simple and just a $7 for a small box.

is there something I should know that will be trouble?

It can be hit or miss. I haven't lost any yet, but I do know of customs at time opening packages and charging ridiculous duties and taxes.
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Chrism305

Brlesq

I didn't realize that you launched this.  I thought you were still working out the details on valuation.  I'm gonna have to take a closer look again.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

DogMan

QuoteBrlesq - 1/22/2013  11:25 AM

I didn't realize that you launched this.  I thought you were still working out the details on valuation.  I'm gonna have to take a closer look again.

Trying to get enough smokes in the humidor for exchange that I can consider it launched. hope you give it a try.

simplified instructions are here The Directions.  The humidor is here The Humidor

and The Concept is here:

Trade those cigars you won't get around to smoking, have overstocked, should never have bought (DevilSite), or just don't care for anymore - without the hassle of finding a trading partner and setting up a trade. Just send in your sticks to the exchange and get back sticks up the value of those you've sent in. Pay only actual postage.
Loren B Davis

Vroomp

Do you intend folks to do takes immediately or can we build up credit?

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

DogMan

QuoteVroomp - 1/22/2013  1:32 PM

Do you intend folks to do takes immediately or can we build up credit?

Either one is fine with me - I figured if you see something you like, take it, if not, wait till you do. I will keep a credit balance for all participants posted.
Loren B Davis

Vroomp

Do you have the capacity to store the thousands of cigars while we wait for something good?

DogMan

QuoteVroomp - 1/22/2013  1:52 PM

Do you have the capacity to store the thousands of cigars while we wait for something good?

No, not thousands: I figure, so far, on a lower level of both enthusiasm for the puts and patience for the takes :-) However I can always get another cooler or two
Loren B Davis

Vroomp

I will send my stuff after my curio-dor is finished next week even though I do not appreciate my highly sought after Thompson exclusives being valued at only $1. :biggrin:

Brlesq

QuoteVroomp - 1/22/2013  5:13 PM
I will send my stuff after my curio-dor is finished next week even though I do not appreciate my highly sought after Thompson exclusives being valued at only $1. :biggrin:

Loren has a special address where you send those Thompson's.  c/o Sesame Street  :biggrin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 1/22/2013  5:17 PM

QuoteVroomp - 1/22/2013  5:13 PM

Loren has a special address where you send those Thompson's.  c/o Sesame Street  :biggrin:

:lmao:
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.