New Pass Idea

Started by ljlemer, 10/06/2008 08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

Since I'm not smoking at this time and don't know if and when I will again, I'd like to start a pass that never returns to me, just goes on and on with unlimited participants.
I just need to know if Paul has any objections to the novel aspects of it and if there is interest.

Theoretically I could send off more than one, say monthly. I'm loaded with cigars!
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Twinky

And when you catch the spark again, all the passes could return to you. If I had a humi and or some sticks, Id be in.
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

ljlemer

QuoteTwinky - 10/6/2008  11:08 PM

And when you catch the spark again, all the passes could return to you. If I had a humi and or some sticks, Id be in.

I have a year's supply at home whenever I want to alienate my wife and kids and stink. No shortage. It's insurance in case they decide to leave me. I won't be feeling any pain with my goldmine. But if the smoking didn't push them away, then I guess I'm stuck with them now that I smell better. Dang. Whatever.

Thomas Mann

podman28

I would have no problem being involved.

Twinky

Quoteljlemer - 10/7/2008  12:25 AM

I have a year's supply at home whenever I want to alienate my wife and kids and stink. No shortage. It's insurance in case they decide to leave me. I won't be feeling any pain with my goldmine. But if the smoking didn't push them away, then I guess I'm stuck with them now that I smell better. Dang. Whatever.

Is smelling the main reason you stoped smoking for now?
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

Bob Cordell

Remember in the Godfather after Vito died? This is kinda like that with Larry not smoking...

:cry:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

SenorPablo

I think the idea is fine and is a very generous offer Larry.  Are you going to be around to manage this thing if any issues arise?  Would you rather designate another moderator to manage it?  Things like pass order changes, new members jumping in, existing members opting out, etc...
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

texlewee

Just send them all to me, and I will smoke , ahem, I mean pass them out...... :dancing:

" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

ljlemer

QuoteTwinky - 10/7/2008  6:35 PM

Is smelling the main reason you stoped smoking for now?

I got a bad cold and cigars tasted nasty. I stopped temporarily until I recovered, but the urge to smoke never returned. Sure, I can grab a cigar anytime, and I'm tempted every time I smell a cigar up close, but my smoking was poisoning my marriage, so for now I'm waiting and seeing.

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

QuoteBob Cordell - 10/7/2008  7:12 PM

Remember in the Godfather after Vito died? This is kinda like that with Larry not smoking...

:cry:

There, there....

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/7/2008  9:02 PM

I think the idea is fine and is a very generous offer Larry.  Are you going to be around to manage this thing if any issues arise?  Would you rather designate another moderator to manage it?  Things like pass order changes, new members jumping in, existing members opting out, etc...

I'd like to stick around and help out.

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

Quoteljlemer - 10/8/2008  5:06 AM

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/7/2008  9:02 PM

I'd like to stick around and help out.

Great!  Sounds like fun!
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Duker511

Im in, maybe this time the box will make it to me. Thanks for starting this Larry, now load up the box with some of those ultra premium cigars youve been hoarding. :lmao:
Tim

BlackIrish

Thanks, Larry, for a really generous idea!  

BlackIrish
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

podman28

It is a wonderful idea and very generous as well. I think if these passes were to end without another going out it would be a bit of a disappointment. I like to track them and see how the collection transforms as it moves.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.