Shipping Costs Famous vs CI

Started by blondie, 04/23/2013 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blondie

Anyone else notice that Famous has raised their shipping prices this year and CI have remained the same?  They even got rid of economy shipping altogether on Cigar Auctioneer.  If you have an old account like me, you are "grandfathered" in at the old rate, but new signups have a minimum shipping cost of 9.99 now.

mike46

A couple of years back, JR went to $8.95 flat rate shipping.  After about 6-8 months or so, they went back to $5, obviously people react to those kinds of things with the money they spend (or lack of spending).

Cigary

Shipping costs are part of the equation for most businesses but when you consider cigars and the amount of weight they carry...don't know  how any reputable business can gouge the consumer with $9 S/H fees esp. when we know they increase pricing to compensate for things like this.  I remember when doing things on Ebay when I was selling and buying and knew that so many of the sellers were padding their costs with high shipping...it just doesn't cost double and triple to ship items and one way to increase revenue is to sell cheap articles and bump the shipping up to compensate for low sales.  When you are not busy and want to see how shysters work look at items below $20 and check their shipping...it's like watching those commercials on TV where they sell one item for $20 and then tell you...BUT WAIT...there's more.  You get double the order and double the shipping...wow..what a deal.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.