A Lust For Robust Robustos

Started by BFry Cigar Guy, 02/01/2013 09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFry Cigar Guy

Hope everyone is OK with the order in which the pass will be in. I was very UN-stategic in arranging the participants....  :cigarguy:
Ben

Longhorn

QuoteBFry Cigar Guy - 2/6/2013  12:52 AM

Hope everyone is OK with the order in which the pass will be in. I was very UN-stategic in arranging the participants....  :cigarguy:

I'm cool with being first, but the distance the package will travel may be longer...

I mapped all but Smurf and mpurtle01 (assume they are playing virtually) in MapQuest and optimized for shortest distance - interestingly, it breaks up the Texans.

Here's the link if you want to take a quick look.   :biggrin:

http://mapq.st/11oLJR5

EDIT:  It optimized correctly and grouped the Texans - just like at the Alamo!   :-0

Vroomp

Hmmmm, I thought there were more people when I looked the other day?
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

BFry Cigar Guy

There was one more participant, but I made some changes. Would you prefer to see more participants in this pass ,if so please feel free to say so.
Ben

QuikAF77

Wondering if it's too late to join? Never done a pass here, but have a ton of successful trades on reddit/r/cigars.
"I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time."
- Mark Twain

"By the cigars they smoke, and the composers they love, ye shall know the texture of men's souls."
- John Galsworthy

BFry Cigar Guy

Ok due to some requests I am going to slow things down a bit and wait until the participants list gets to at least 15 members. This will give me a bit more time in mapping out the order of the pass too.
Ben

Smurf

Perhaps put us last as we will be playing virtually.. that makes things a lot easier for everyone all round.
orbis non sufficit

Ken Kelley

Thanks for the invite but I'm going to decline. I was just in the Gusto Robusto pass and I have two others going now so I've about reached my personal limit. Hope everybody has fun with this one!
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

CrazyK

I'll join in if you'll have me! Smurf and I can do our takes and put simultaneously when we come up!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Longhorn

QuoteSmurf - 2/6/2013  3:19 PM

Perhaps put us last as we will be playing virtually.. that makes things a lot easier for everyone all round.

Or you and Karl can go first to see what kind of "Canadian Robustos from around the world" make it into the pass!  In which case I got dibs on third and to hell with optimizing the pass sequence!!!!  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Smurf

QuoteLonghorn - 2/6/2013  7:41 PM

QuoteSmurf - 2/6/2013  3:19 PM

Or you and Karl can go first to see what kind of "Canadian Robustos from around the world" make it into the pass!  In which case I got dibs on third and to hell with optimizing the pass sequence!!!!  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

:dancing:  :biggrin:
orbis non sufficit

sjn1117

Damn I just realized I'm between Brad and Brian! This is gonna be fun! :shy:
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

nirab

Quotesjn1117 - 2/6/2013  9:42 PM

Damn I just realized I'm between Brad and Brian! This is gonna be fun! :shy:

I'm not sure if Ben has finalized the pass, but I like how you think Stephen!

:biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

sjn1117

Quotenirab - 2/6/2013  10:36 PM  
Quotesjn1117 - 2/6/2013  9:42 PM  Damn I just realized I'm between Brad and Brian! This is gonna be fun! :shy:
I'm not sure if Ben has finalized the pass, but I like how you think Stephen!    :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
I'm down with it! Hell my first pass was as jumpy as it could be but it was still a blast! Plus I honestly like where I sit. Brad always has goodies and Mr. Nirab's got it comin'!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

BFry Cigar Guy

Well sorry if I burst any bubbles but the order of the participants is not finalized, it shouldn't change to drastically though.
Ben

nirab

QuoteBFry Cigar Guy - 2/7/2013  12:08 AM

Well sorry if I burst any bubbles but the order of the participants is not finalized, it shouldn't change to drastically though.

Dang Ben, you just a bubble burstin' bytch now, ain't ya?!  :shy:  :shy:

Is this the final pass order? I find it kinda odd to be virtually passing to Canada during the middle and then again at the end. Seems like this will slow it down a bit. Just my two copper Lincoln thinkin'.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

BFry Cigar Guy

Quotenirab - 2/7/2013  7:35 AM

QuoteBFry Cigar Guy - 2/7/2013  12:08 AM

Dang Ben, you just a bubble burstin' bytch now, ain't ya?!  :shy:  :shy:

Is this the final pass order? I find it kinda odd to be virtually passing to Canada during the middle and then again at the end. Seems like this will slow it down a bit. Just my two copper Lincoln thinkin'.  :biggrin:

No nirab, that is not the final pass order. I will update the pass order this weekend. I appreciate your concern my friend. The pass is up to 13 members, shooting for at least 15.
Ben

ratboy

If it's not too late, I would like to join. I have been away for a while due to working overseas but I'm back to join in the festivities if you will have me.

Thanks!

Smurf

hey ratboy!!!!! welcome back!
orbis non sufficit

ratboy

Thank you sir! I'm very glad to be back  :dancing:

Longhorn

Ben, if you need any help with mapping the pass, just give a shout.  Anxious to see this one get launched!  :dancing:

BFry Cigar Guy

I appreciate the concern Longhorn. And no doubt will I give you a shout if I need any help in the arrangment, and I just might. I do know that I will be putting the out of country participants last and play virtually.I am unsure if Iwant it to proceed in a disorderly fashion aroe just send the sticks the way Longhorn suggested...
Ben

Longhorn

Do your thing - I'm sure it will work out fine!  Thanks for stepping up and moderating a pass!

BFry Cigar Guy

Just updated the participant order list. Let me know what you think.
Ben

Vroomp

Looks good to me. Chris can take three of the cigars and I will take the other three and one of his! Are Swishers allowed?
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.