Maker's Mark wised up

Started by Ken Kelley, 02/18/2013 05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

Heh! They've been getting their asses kicked HARD over the bull crap they came out with recently! WISE decision to keep things as they always have been!

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/02/17/2520635/makers-mark-to-restore-alcohol.html
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

tvolball

Yeah I can see how that would change people's thought on buying it.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

BXgreenhorn

Good move on there part. Why mess wih a good thing.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Brlesq

Don't be fooled.  Its still yet another decision of corporate greed becuase they were faced with the fallout of customers and possible deterioration of their brand.  THAT is what made them decide to go back.

There are dozens of better bourbons in the same price range, and I hope this incident drives folks to go out and explore these.  I only keep Maker's Mark in the house for an old friend to drink when she visits because that is her brand.  One bottle has lasted me years.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 2/18/2013  7:59 AM
There are dozens of better bourbons in the same price range....

:word:

I've never understood the allure of Maker's. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

Otter

Don't be fooled.  Its still yet another decision of corporate greed becuase they were faced with the fallout of customers and possible deterioration of their brand.  THAT is what made them decide to go back.

There are dozens of better bourbons in the same price range, and I hope this incident drives folks to go out and explore these.  I only keep Maker's Mark in the house for an old friend to drink when she visits because that is her brand.  One bottle has lasted me years.

I agree!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

toby2

come on now! wax on a bottle of cheap booze makes it taste better. can you you imagine if the bottle was cut glass and came in a cloth bag. now that would make it top shelf! :-)

gitfiddl

Quotetoby2 - 2/18/2013  9:53 AM

come on now! wax on a bottle of cheap booze makes it taste better. can you you imagine if the bottle was cut glass and came in a cloth bag. now that would make it top shelf! :-)

:biggrin:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

nwb

Quotetoby2 - 2/18/2013  9:53 AM

That's another one I don't drink. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

lowpro75

That's how customers have a say.  You can trace almost any behavior back to either money or other reward system.  Corporate greed is a term that makes no sense, if the primary goal of business is to maximize profits in the long run, then by necessity people are going to figure out ways to do that.  Too often however, companies sacrifice long term profitability for a short term boost in earnings.

Don't be so cynical Bruce, they gave the people what they wanted and you don't drink it anyway.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

87North

Quotelowpro75 - 2/18/2013  9:14 AM

That's how customers have a say.  You can trace almost any behavior back to either money or other reward system.  Corporate greed is a term that makes no sense, if the primary goal of business is to maximize profits in the long run, then by necessity people are going to figure out ways to do that.  Too often however, companies sacrifice long term profitability for a short term boost in earnings.

Don't be so cynical Bruce, they gave the people what they wanted and you don't drink it anyway.

Good point Rich... I've always said that the only true vote you have is with your dollar...  That being said I've voted against Makers for years as it has never really held much appeal for me anyway.
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

1sgjeffward

Ya I'm not much for buying wax or cloth bags myself :?:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Jackal

They may never have even considered making the change.  It could have been a big publicity stunt to drive up sales (as well as being almost free advertising).  It worked.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.