repainting my stinky ashtray

Started by grabow66, 03/31/2013 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grabow66

My big Stinky has a lot of wear on it. It sits outside on the porch. I am thinking about repainting it for taste and to protect it. Any suggestions?
If at first you dont succeed you are running about average.

Longhorn

Quotegrabow66 - 3/31/2013  7:55 PM

My big Stinky has a lot of wear on it. It sits outside on the porch. I am thinking about repainting it for taste and to protect it. Any suggestions?

Black.  But tape over the top of the cigar rests so they stay silver...

grabow66

Yeah its one of those brown ci nation ones. Black maybe the way to go or RAZORBACK RED GO HOGS!!

Smurf

Black would also be my suggestion especially if you keep it outside
orbis non sufficit

Joelala

I also would think black is the way to go
Joe

1sgjeffward

Black covers easy and is forgiving :thumbsup:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Mautrak

My first thought was black.  It's my default.  I think it's genetic.

But here I may try a white and black fleck paint.  I used it a while back.  For an ashtray, it gives some texture, and would look the same color as ashes.  If it was dusty, you wouldn't notice.  If it had ashes on it, you wouldn't notice.  A bit fancy for a stinky ashtray, but it may be a good long term, low maintenance solution.  Especially if you have a significant other who may complain.

akira

I say brown with a nice CG logo on it.  :biggrin:
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Otter

You live in Arkansas... that bad boy should be done up in a nice Realtree or other camo pattern - you could even use duracoat paint ;-)

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

dwig

You might try a good cleaning with Naval Jelly, then give it a coat of wax.  Just like new again.

:confused:

I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say:  Hey look.  That one is shaped like an idiot!"

DonM

QuoteOtter - 4/1/2013  6:54 AM

You live in Arkansas... that bad boy should be done up in a nice Realtree or other camo pattern - you could even use duracoat paint ;-)

:bigthumbs:

"The Curmudgeon"

sjn1117

hell the camo sounds cool to me!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

BXgreenhorn

tvolball

I wood go with Black and then throw some flames to it. Use high temp paint on the inside just in case your stick ends nose down.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

grabow66

No this is Arkansas, I would have to paint a dreamcatcher, a welfare check, and some meth on it. Then put a tiny Razorback hog on it.

cibolodave

Love the camo idea. Might try that myself

Shukpaw

QuoteOtter - 4/1/2013  3:54 AM

That is a cool idea.  I want one like that now.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

nirab

I think you should have it Rhino lined in black or red. Your local shop that sprays in bedliners may be willing to cover it real cheap, and it would look really cool, and it would hold up well to the elements...and you would have the only Rhino lined Stinky ash tray!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

grabow66

Cfickter

I am for black also but what about those spray paints that make it look like stone, marble and other finishes?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

gitfiddl

QuoteCfickter - 4/1/2013  4:29 PM

I am for black also but what about those spray paints that make it look like stone, marble and other finishes?

Unless they've changed substantially in the last several years, the faux stone spray on finishes aren't all that durable.  They're okay for lamps and such, but I wouldn't use it on anything that would be subject to the elements or frequent handling.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.