Scotland Trip

Started by mpurtle01, 04/14/2013 05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpurtle01

In Scotland this week I did some Scotch hunting.  I ended up with these two, bottle of Springbank Rundlets and Kilderkins 11 year that is a very small batch, one of 9,000 bottles made.  Tastes more like an 18-21 year due to the small batch.  And the Glengoyne Distillery Cask that I got to fill, seal and label myself.  It's a whopping 54.2% and unchill filtered, delicious flavor though.  Very unique and fun pickups.  I had the opportunity to try the Glengoyne 21 year as well....   Fantastic!   All their scotches are unseated, so it's not your typical scotch, more like an Irish Whiskey, but pretty good.

DonM

Cool, that would be fun!

"The Curmudgeon"

junglepete

:-(  There goes my whole vision of what I always thought of when drinking scotch. A dusty, dimly lit cavern with dirt floors and wall to wall big oak barrels lined up. Now I see they have it on tap. Cheers  :biggrin:

Nice pics
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

tvolball

Sounds interesting
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

ntanner

Nice, look's like a good time.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

mpurtle01

Quotejunglepete - 4/14/2013  2:04 PM

:-(  There goes my whole vision of what I always thought of when drinking scotch. A dusty, dimly lit cavern with dirt floors and wall to wall big oak barrels lined up. Now I see they have it on tap. Cheers  :biggrin:

Nice pics

All of the above is true.  The deal here is that they take a single barrel and put it into that barrel which is actually stainless steel lined to prevent further aging.  This is a unique blend you can only get there and they allow you to fill, seal and label yourself.  Can't get it anywhere else so it is very exclusive...  That's the attraction.  It's also not filtered like the rest, some remaining sediment from the original barrel, so it's a bit more rustic and crude...   I like that. Also had to sign as the bottler to make it legal.

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

toby2

87North

Pretty cool!   :dancing:  

Oh yeah, and...  :moon:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

jimmyG

good choices of whisky there, being a jock my sen, and a lover of a good dram of whisky, maybe next time go to the speyside  distillery and try there single malt Glen Grant, its beautiful and one i have at home all yr round :-)

jimmyG

Well after talking about it, iv'e had to fill a glass for my sen so cheers :drinking:

1029henry

:drool: Wow, that Whisky looks delicious! :drool:
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

nwb

That's really cool!
Chief of Shaft

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

Longhorn

Great photos, Matt!  I'd suggest we get together when you get back to the states and maybe I could talk you out of a dram of what's in those bottles, but I don't think they'll last long!  Looks like you had a great time!

1sgjeffward

Nice pick ups! Were gonna have to get you some cigars to go with those :biggrin:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Ringadingh

bmac7754

That looks like it could be allot of fun.  Enjoy..
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.