Blind Taste Contest

Started by junglepete, 11/21/2008 07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Blind Taste Contest'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

This pass is unusual in that you will only take and not put. The 2 cigars provided for you will  hold a blank band showing a number on it. As a participant you will be required to take 2 cigars and then pass the box on to the next participant. You then smoke the 2 cigars and review them in this forum thread specifying the coordinating number for each one and make one guess for each cigar in the first round. After all the reviews are posted and guessed upon, those who guessed both cigars correctly are deemed the winner and recieve a 5 pack of Alacranes. If more than one person guesses both cigars correctly, then there will be a draw for the winner. In the case that nobody guesses correctly, or just guessed one correctly, then a second round will apply and each person will make there second guess on each cigar. I will accept the first 10 participants. Join in for the fun!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Duker511

This sounds like fun. I probably wont have any idea about the cigars but you never know!! Thanks for starting this Pete, I cant wait.

If youll have me that is!! :biggrin:
Tim

podman28

Sounds great. We take off the bands and have members at the club smoke a cigar and try to guess what it is. I am in if you will have me. :biggrin:

Aequitas86

As posted in the other thread....Blind tastings always intrigue me. I would be happy to participate.
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

junglepete

You're all in and we are at 7 so far....if the response gets bigger quickly I may bump it up to 15 participants, we'll see....any objections to that?
Guru of Frugality

Duker511

The more the merrier!!! :biggrin:
Tim

podman28

QuoteDuker511 - 11/21/2008  10:58 AM

The more the merrier!!! :biggrin:

My feelings exactly. :dancing:

tnt956

I'll give it a try. Need to fire up the heater in the garage to smoke em.

junglepete

Okay Gentlemen, that makes 8 so far. I am starting to remove labels and replace them with numbered labels right now. Hmm...that is a nice shiney one, ooh, and that one has an interesting design, and look at this one, is it a butterflyor a humingbird?  :dancing:
Guru of Frugality

DePixeler

Count me in too!  Sounds like fun!

SenorPablo

I think you saw my request, but i'd be in as well.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

junglepete

So far so good, we are at 11...I'll leave it until 15 and then close it.
Guru of Frugality

Twinky

This is going to be a fun pass. If all goes well, Id like to see more like this. I might throw one togeather some time.
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

Bob Cordell

Thanks Pete, this is gonna cost you a buck or two I would guess. Thats very nice of you!

Are they gonna be numbered 1 and 2, then we grab one of each?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

qman22

thanks for letting me sneak in pete.  this should be fun  :smoker:
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

junglepete

QuoteBob Cordell - 11/21/2008  7:05 PM

Thanks Pete, this is gonna cost you a buck or two I would guess. Thats very nice of you!

Are they gonna be numbered 1 and 2, then we grab one of each?

It might be done that way Bob, but I was more leaning towards numbering them 1-30 and putting in quite a variety so as not to have any of the early reviews influence the later ones. Or, I may put in 15 of the same brand and have everyone take one of those and 15 mixed as well. I'll sort it out in the next day or so and post the final decision. I will probably close the pass on Sunday and put a package in the mail on Monday ot Tuesday.
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

Quoteqman22 - 11/21/2008  9:59 PM

thanks for letting me sneak in pete.  this should be fun  :smoker:

You are more than welcome...have fun with it!
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

Gentlemen, if the number of participants stays the same over the weekend then you will be known as the dirty dozen...and if one more joins in you will be tagged as the dirty bakers dozen  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

Twinky

I think we've hit 13.

junglepete

I was not really counting myself in that I won't actually be an active smoking/guessing participant :-)
Guru of Frugality

Twinky

Your right, I cant count  :lmao:

podman28

Twinky you know maybe I am being a bit anal but I worry about you and all the passes you are signing up for when you admit you don't have any cigars. I am sorry if I seem to be attacking but I have been burned by a not to be mentioned former member for a  bit of $$ and cigars. So enjoy the hobby but realize that being in a pass means value for value and it needs to be moved along. If you can do that I apologize in advance but I thought you should know before you get too excited.

Duker511

These couple passes lately are different. They are only takes not puts. As long as everyone has the 8-10 bucks for delivery, their golden. Twinky has mentioned he doesnt have many cigars, Im sure he has some dough, I hope.

This topic would have made a good private message. :biggrin:
Tim

podman28

You are very correct. Unfortunately I forgot my rule as to only reading and not typing after a night out. I am sure everything will work out in the end.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.