Blind Taste Contest

Started by junglepete, 11/21/2008 07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

podman28

You are very correct. Unfortunately I forgot my rule as to only reading and not typing after a night out. I am sure everything will work out in the end.

Twinky

I do think every thing will turn out fine in the end.  :biggrin:
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

junglepete

Okay Gentlemen, you are now labeled "The Dirty Bakers Dozen". We are standing at 13 and I will close the pass tomorrow evening. Check here for updated contest details.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

Okay Gentlemen, the pass is now closed and we have have 15 participants. I will now assign the order the cigars will be passed. Note: There will be 15 identical cigars labeled no. 1. You are each to take one of those. There will also be another 15 cigars labeled 2-16, it will be your choice to pick one of them as well. Please identify your take (2-16) on the cigar pass take page.

I would let the cigars rest a bit in your humi because they may be a bit under humidified because of the travel.

Smoke them at will and review them here in this thread as soon as you like. When you review your (2-16) labeled cigar, be sure to post the number with the review.

Once each participant has submitted their two reviews the guessing will begin.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Aequitas86

Sounds great. Do we have a resting time limit or a time when you want all reviews to be posted?
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

Duker511

Sounds good, I cant wait, Im going to guess them with one try........or NOT!!! :sad:
Tim

junglepete

Well, I suppose once the last person receives his 2 cigars, the rest of the group will have had time to let them rest a bit and smoke them as well. Also...I would ask that if anyone has any travel/shipping disposable humidifying pouches, if they could put them in the box to help keep the cigars as humidified as possible. I don't have anything like that here with me now.

The order of mailing has been designated and I will try to get them oot tomorrow (Mon) or Tuesday at the latest.

If anyone guesses both of their cigars in their first guess then they could definitely be considered a real champion.

:smoker:
Guru of Frugality

Duker511

I have plenty of humi pillows, I will put one in when it gets to me if needed.
Tim

junglepete

QuoteDuker511 - 11/23/2008  4:06 PM

I have plenty of humi pillows, I will put one in when it gets to me if needed.

Much appreciated, thanks!
Guru of Frugality

stogie_foggie

When is this getting started?  This should be fun!
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

junglepete

Right now! I just packed up the gars and I am heading to the post office to send it on its first leg to Depixeler (Don) in Gainesville FL.

NOTE: Even though I am from Canada, there are no Cubans in the mix.

Happy Smoking Gentlemen!!
Guru of Frugality

stogie_foggie

Quotejunglepete - 11/24/2008  9:30 AM

Right now! I just packed up the gars and I am heading to the post office to send it on its first leg to Depixeler (Don) in Gainesville FL.

NOTE: Even though I am from Canada, there are no Cubans in the mix.

Happy Smoking Gentlemen!!

I'm last on the list, so it will be a while.   :cry:   Thanks for starting this up!
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

junglepete

My Pleasure! And the next time I do one, whether from Florida or New York, I will start it on the west side of the country.  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

The package has been transitioned. UPS Tracking number is posted.

Let the Games Begin! :cheer:
Guru of Frugality

Bob Cordell

This is gonna be fun!!!

Thanks again Pete!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

podman28

I am looking forward to this one as well. :dancing:

Twinky

This should go through rather quick.  :-)

junglepete

Package tracking shows that the package will be delivered today to DePixeler.
Guru of Frugality

DePixeler

Package received in good shape at 530pm.  Made my picks - one from each baggie (one baggie of #1's only and second baggie of various) .  I've already repacked and will do my very best to route outta here tomorrow.  I'm gonna look for some humi-beads to drop into the box too.  Plan to give the 2 sticks a wee bit of time in the humi and then the fun starts!

Bob, on to you next!

DePixeler

Bob Cordell

Cool, maybe I'll get the pass next week. Its colder than a ex mother-in-laws heart here and I hope it warms some soon. Being one of the first to get the pass I'll have some extra time to enjoy the smoke on a warmer day.

:dancing:

Twinky

QuoteBob Cordell - 11/25/2008  6:10 PM

Cool, maybe I'll get the pass next week. Its colder than a ex mother-in-laws heart here and I hope it warms some soon. Being one of the first to get the pass I'll have some extra time to enjoy the smoke on a warmer day.

:dancing:

That is if it gets warmer.  :-(

DePixeler

Bob,

The Box is on it's way to you.  I'll transition when I get home after work as I can't remember what # cigar my second pick was!  I'll put the tracking number in at that time, but it's outta here! (via USPS)

DePix

junglepete

It seems the package has arrived in Bob's hometown this morning at 3:10am. I suppose they will deliver it to his home today.
Guru of Frugality

Bob Cordell

Hey fellas, I got the box today at work. Its iffy as to whether I can get it out tomorrow, I'm gonna be busier than a one armed paper hanger. Wednesday is a for sure though

Bob Cordell

Ok, I took a number one and then selected number 5. It looked like a Connie Shade wrapper!

I'll guess later....Thanks Pete!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.