Blind Taste Contest

Started by junglepete, 11/21/2008 07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

You're Welcome! I have not had one of those, or have I ?  :confused:  :biggrin:   I suppose I could get back to you on that, or not  :lmao:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Bob Cordell

Alrighty then...Im mailing today!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Twinky

I should have it and get it sent back out this weekend.
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

Twinky

I just got it, and I'll get it out eather tomarrow or saturday.

Twinky

I just noticed a small blue-green spot on number 16. I not sure its mold, but it looks like it could be. Do any of you have any sugestions? If you guys think its posibly mold I'll replace it and shoot the name of the cigar through PM.

lowpro75

I have heard that if you can brush it off it is plume, if not then it is probably mold.  Though it would seem unlikely that the cigars would be moldy in the conditions they have been in.  Since it is rather cold and I doubt they have been exposed to excess humidity.  Or...you could just smoke it and tell us if it tastes like mold or plume.  I've heard mold tastes like chicken. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Bob Cordell

That blue-green spot is normal for some natural wrapper cigars. We've already had that discussion before...ask Duker!

We didnt exactly figure it out but we noted that we've seen it on a Montecristo and a Romeo y Julieta before.

junglepete

Sometimes I notice a spot like that on the odd cigar...mostly it seems just below the surface. That particular stick was recently puchased from a well known internet company and was delivered to me in FLorida. I am quite sure the cigar is fine and it won't affect the taste at all. I would like to tell you more about the cigar to re-assure you, but I would hate to give you an unfair advantage  :biggrin:

Seriously though, I am sure it is fine and anyways it would be a waste to throw out a $15 cigar ooops! Did I say $15 sorry, I can be such a liar sometimes, but not always...only if I am telling the truth while lying about it.  :shy:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Twinky

I took number 8, but I'll go a head and put 16 back with the rest, I had it in a seprate bag to be safe. Id hate to be the one to send a moldy cigar of mass destruction on to any body with out at least thinking about it.

Duker511

If they are green spots that look like part of the cigar wrapper, they are fine.

http://cigarfan.wordpress.com/2008/04/05/cigar-wrapper-issues-mold-bloom-and-spots/

Ive never heard of green mold on cigars. Its usually white, or sometimes black, but always fuzzy and raised. Mold looks like mold, if you cant tell, its probably not mold. ( does that make sense).  Take a look at the above link, the second and third picture down, if the spots look something like that, they,re fine.
Tim

Twinky

It looks like the harmless green spots, so its all clear, I'll try to send it out tomarrow.

lowpro75

Duker,
Good link.  There is a lot of good information there.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Duker511

Yes, I go to the Keepers Of The Flame whenever I need cigar info. Its very easy to understand and they really seem to know cigars. Theres tons of usefull info along with just some interesting facts.
Tim

Twinky

The pass is now on its way.

junglepete

Thanks Twinky! Okay Gents, steady as she goes. The package is now on the way to Bryan
Guru of Frugality

SenorPablo

Hey Brian.  Any update?  Did you receive it yet?
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

bslatner

I got it. I'm strategically plotting my take and I'll have it out on Monday :-)

junglepete

Hello there Gentlemen. I would like to make a request to the future members who will receive this pass. Please try to get it out in a timely fashion (a couple of days once received) I aplologize if this will stress anyone out and in the future I will make the reccomendation in the description of the pass.

My motivation is to keep the pass moving along in that there are 15 participants to accomodate. I feel the energy of the pass is hindered when it does not move along as quick as possible.

Feel free to smoke your cigars at anytime and to review them here in the forum as well. Just hold off on the guessing until all members have smoked their choices.

Thanks guys!

Pete
Guru of Frugality

Bob Cordell

I was wondering if we were to wait till everyone had theirs or if we were to go ahead and try them. The weather is supposed to be wet and nasty here for the next week...grrrrrrrrrrr!

junglepete

If ya got'm smoke'm  :biggrin:

I'm so done with the cold weather already, and today I will pull out all the skis, sleds, and snowshoes for the gang at Christmas.
Guru of Frugality

bslatner

Wife just stuck the stogies in the mail...on there way to you, qman22.

qman22

awesome, I'll keep an eye out for it
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

qman22

the box got here today.  I haven't had a chance to go through it so I won't get it out tomorrow, but should have it in the mail Monday
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

junglepete

That's good news! Have a great weekend.
Guru of Frugality

SenorPablo

I think maybe you should move me further to the end.  I'm taking the family out of town the following Monday for a week.  With the holidays inbetween now and then i'd be worried it doesn't show up until after I leave.  I'd hate to have it sitting at the PO for a week.

I sent a PM to Qman as well.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.