More news from Flathead County

Started by Ken Kelley, 04/29/2013 07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

Wouldn't you love to live somewhere where this is the worst that ever happens?  :biggrin:

http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articles/article/crying_children/33045/
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Longhorn

I think it's the same woman in the last 4 reports from 7:00 PM on... just say'n.  :lmao:

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Brlesq

What I find even more amazing is that the area must be so boring that these incidents are even deemed newsworthy enough to report and print in the paper:

Sunday 4/20/2013

12:25 p.m. Multiple dogs were running at large on Bison Drive. The owner claimed that someone continuously lets them out.

12:29 p.m. A Kalispell woman reported being harassed by the Publisher's Clearing House.

12:42 p.m. A Columbia Falls woman believes that she is in possession of a rabid cat.

1:58 p.m. Someone reported that a big man in a bandana splashed some young children with a puddle as he drove by them. He then stopped and laughed at the crying children.

5:26 p.m. Someone reported that a gray hound was wandering around in a Kalispell grocery store. It was last seen headed toward the pharmacy.

7:00 p.m. An intoxicated woman fell down while attempting to get inside of her car. She was taken to the local hospital for treatment.

7:19 p.m. Someone reported that a woman driving a big Cadillac with Texas plates nearly ran her off the road. The woman was described as having big hair and wearing oversized sunglasses.

7:43 p.m. Reportedly, a very large blonde woman picked up a man and dropped him on his head in an Evergreen parking lot.

8:30 p.m. An employee of a gas station on Highway 35 in Kalispell reported that a customer opened a beer inside the store and began drinking it before driving away.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

1sgjeffward

They have actually had a pretty entertaining couple of weeks :lmao:

3:56 p.m. A woman on Cynthia Drive complained that the neighbor's Chihuahua has recently chased her child and her dogs. The owner of the small dog was warned to keep the thing in her own yard.
-He's a Killer!

11:26 p.m. A Lakeside woman reported that a bearded man has been following her home from work at 2 a.m. for the last three months. A deputy clarified that he is delivering newspapers, not stalking.
-A little paranoid maybe?

12:41 p.m. Someone in a silver Prius was seen making bad decisions on Highway 35.
Ya bad decisions started with buying the Prius :lmao:

11:52 a.m. A Kalispell woman reported that another woman stole her purse and wedding ring worth $88. She then claimed she was not married, did not have a wedding ring, and was not in need of assistance.
-Really :?:

10:50 a.m. A Columbia Falls woman complained that someone has been telling her husband where she's been and who she's been with.
-Uhhhh yaaa :shades:

4:07 p.m. A woman on Cynthia Drive complained that her neighbor's aggressive chihuahua chased her through her yard.
-Repeat offender!

Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Ken Kelley

Quote1sgjeffward - 4/30/2013  9:28 AM

They have actually had a pretty entertaining couple of weeks :lmao:

3:56 p.m. A woman on Cynthia Drive complained that the neighbor's Chihuahua has recently chased her child and her dogs. The owner of the small dog was warned to keep the thing in her own yard.
-He's a Killer!

11:26 p.m. A Lakeside woman reported that a bearded man has been following her home from work at 2 a.m. for the last three months. A deputy clarified that he is delivering newspapers, not stalking.
-A little paranoid maybe?

12:41 p.m. Someone in a silver Prius was seen making bad decisions on Highway 35.
Ya bad decisions started with buying the Prius :lmao:

11:52 a.m. A Kalispell woman reported that another woman stole her purse and wedding ring worth $88. She then claimed she was not married, did not have a wedding ring, and was not in need of assistance.
-Really :?:

10:50 a.m. A Columbia Falls woman complained that someone has been telling her husband where she's been and who she's been with.
-Uhhhh yaaa :shades:

4:07 p.m. A woman on Cynthia Drive complained that her neighbor's aggressive chihuahua chased her through her yard.
-Repeat offender!

Now I'm here to tell you that little dogs can be fierce! We had the Late Great and Now Departed Benji, a snaggle-toothed Peek-a-Poo with a heart of iron. Benji was absolutely without fear. Onct upon a time in Izmir while my wife was walking him and Princess Tess, our royal Spitz (in her own eyes) a Turk thought it would be fun to let his German Shepherd tease the dogs...something he wouldn't have done if I was walking them. Mighty Benji, ardent defender of his big sister and Mom, attacked the shepherd and fastened himself to its neck. My wife finally got him pried loose and left the shepherd with a pretty good wound. Ever after that the Turk and his dog went to the other side of the street when they saw my dogs coming. Justice was served!  :biggrin:

Now as to goings on in Flathead County...that is pretty much all that happens here in our little neck of the woods. I'd far rather have a somewhat eccentric, boring, and often funny LE report than go through the kind of crap they have in the big cities. I LOVE this laid back area! If we have a problem that can't be solved with a kind word and a .12 gauge then I don't want anything to do with it.

Mautrak

I could read through pages of those police blotters.   I keep waiting for Otis to check himself into the jail while Barney and Andy bring him dinner.  Instead I see:

7:46 p.m. Someone saw a Kalispell woman yelling at the ground.

Ken Kelley

QuoteMautrak - 4/30/2013  10:17 AM

I could read through pages of those police blotters.   I keep waiting for Otis to check himself into the jail while Barney and Andy bring him dinner.  Instead I see:

I've seen golfers do that so it can't be all that crazy...or maybe it is! I'll ask Bruce about that. He's a golfer so I know he probably beats on the ground with a club...maybe he yells at it too!  :biggrin:

Brlesq

QuoteKen Kelley - 4/30/2013  10:22 AM

I've seen golfers do that so it can't be all that crazy...or maybe it is! I'll ask Bruce about that. He's a golfer so I know he probably beats on the ground with a club...maybe he yells at it too!  :biggrin:

Mostly true.  Except I scream at my golfballs as they fly through the air or roll over the green as if they can hear me and will somehow listen to directional cues.  But sreaming at the ground?  Now THAT's just nuts.  Everyone knows that the ground can't understand you!  :crazy:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Ken Kelley

QuoteBrlesq - 4/30/2013  10:41 AM

QuoteKen Kelley - 4/30/2013  10:22 AM

Mostly true.  Except I scream at my golfballs as they fly through the air or roll over the green as if they can hear me and will somehow listen to directional cues.  But sreaming at the ground?  Now THAT's just nuts.  Everyone knows that the ground can't understand you!  :crazy:

I would like to use this instance to point out the superiority of shooting sports over golfing sports. When you do the golfing thing and yell at the ball everybody can hear every syllable you project into the air. Depending on what you yell and the words you use to pray to the Golf gods and what you say and all, people might rightly assume you ain't got all your screws threaded in too tight. On the other hand, we people in the shooting sports wisely have hearing protection in place so we can't really hear what the active shooter is saying so we are relatively safe from that kind of thing...unless you have active electronic noise cancelling muffs like I do! Then I KNOW what you're saying and I may actually think you are a bit touched in the head. No danger of that happening up there in the liberal Noreast though.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.